Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast

Re: Is There a point to Resilience anymore?

I'm a disc priest with 24k hp ( finaly reached my goal yeh ! ) and 850 res. I get killed by full valorous DK in like 5 seconds in arena. I have no way to escape or heal myself other than desperate prayer ( CD skill ).

hunter with 900 resil. ive noticed the difference of usually being able to survive what i used to die to at 100 resil. with a healer chucking the odd heal at me i can survive sustained and burst damage for a longer time than i used to. therefore resil works for me.

i dont last against more than 1 person bursting me...but who does?

Lhun

Sorry ThePilch, you are banned from posting or sending personal messages on this forum.

so ... noone remembers season 1 ???
    But knowing that WoW had something like half the playerbase it has now, im not surprised.
    Resilience was laughed at back then and for good reasons. Good pvpers had T4, great ones had some T5 and thoses who couldnt raid seriously waited for their arena points to stack up with their 5s team.

Resilience is near useless until you get loads of it and it looks like everyone is forgetting this.

Quote Originally Posted by ThePilch
    hunter with 900 resil. ive noticed the difference of usually being able to survive what i used to die to at 100 resil. with a healer chucking the odd heal at me i can survive sustained and burst damage for a longer time than i used to. therefore resil works for me.

Lhun
    And probably rightly so. Who does? Well, who should? From my understanding, getting caught in two people's burst is a death sentence, but it also *should* be. It is the job of your partner or partners to peel opposing DPS. This is the case in organized BG's as much as in Arena.

Quote Originally Posted by Bramickias
    so ... noone remembers season 1 ???
    But knowing that WoW had something like half the playerbase it has now, im not surprised.
    Resilience was laughed at back then and for good reasons. Good pvpers had T4, great ones had some T5 and thoses who couldnt raid seriously waited for their arena points to stack up with their 5s team.

Resilience is near useless until you get loads of it and it looks like everyone is forgetting this.
    tottaly agree its all over season 1

why get hard earned resiliance when you can get some nice epics allready in HC not to mention naxx

things will chance later and we are seeing it allready resiliance healers are allready very hard to kill in burst but its still possible and as long as it is this PvE fashion will continue

Sorry, if you think i'm a troll or not, if you let a boomkin get 3-4 starfires off on you uninterrupted, you will die. Resilience is a MUST for classes like say a priest, however it still isn't as effective as it was in S1-4

ps. seems like no one knows how resil works from some of the posts i've read. It not only lowers the crit CHANCE but crit DAMAGE as well, on different percentages. Also reduces damage from dots which is nice.

This is my point of view... Resilience depends purely on what class you are....

As a warrior I feel like a retard wearing over 600 resilience because I feel I dont have enough PvE gear on.

So, I believe its a personal preference that you find comfortable.

Pally with 763 resilience, and I will always get destroyed by a well geared arcane mage or boomkin. SV hunters aren't so and as long as I can pop fire aura. But any magical damage I don't have an aura for I will take a lot of damage.

Being a healer in pvp I found that resilience works best against dots from those D*** warlocks and SP's. They can't just dot, dot,an dot, dot, dot fear me for the quick kill especially if I can get some cleanses and pop shadow aura before the fear.

If I were to wear my pve gear I would probably die farely quickly.

Quote Originally Posted by veritas454
    I have 771 Resilience, and in battlegrounds I am continually 3-4 shotted by a boomkin in PvE gear.

Is there even a point in me having resilience gear on? And please don't be trolls and say dumb stuff like "so you don't die in 2-3 hits" I'm looking for real input, as well as maybe a balance between resi and PvE gear for a hunter.
    There is a point, the resilience curve is just much steeper than in the past. It seems to be something like:

0 - 499 resilience = nothing. Just put on the pve gear, this is negilible.
    500 - 849 resilience = small. Slows damage, prevents a 1-shot, but still subject to high burst.
    850 - 999 resilience = good. This is closer to the range people are used to. You can tank damage from normal sources but if you're hit with damage procs (trinkets, avenging wrath, eyes of the beast, etc) you can still take heavy damage
    1000+ = excellent. Much bigger difference. Bursting you is a bad idea.

There's a reason that most classes still wear a ton of resilience gear in the highest brackets and in the arena tournament. This reason is that it's completely invaluable.

Im a lock on 768 resilience and only BG (I hate arena) Ive found it makes a huge difference to survival. Just the other day a rogue ambushed me, im a (0/41/30) hybrid spec and not great for pvp but I had the felguard out and managed to set him on the rogue and in the end managed to kill the rogue. I know without resilience I would of been dead in 2 seconds flat. Yes in most BGs it is isnt 1v1 but ive noticed in AB if your the only one defending a flag then some stealthed mob always likes to have a crack at you. Likewise if you've carrying the flag in WSG having resilience gives you a fighting chance of capping it. I would agree tho that in places like AV or WG then its pretty pointless though.

Quote Originally Posted by ThePilch
    Discis and trees

With resilience on the field there is no more "l2p" if you are not on the same resilience level..

I really don't think it's an issue of resil not being worth anything. It's all of the pvp gear that is lacking. When compared to the pve gear that is available, you have the option of sacrificing a ton of dps for a little resilience. Unless you are able to get into the bracket to obtain deadly gear, the rest is questionable. Sure with the crafted gear, savage gear, and even hateful gear, you have resil and possibly a stamina upgrade, but look at your other stats plummet. I am honestly able to survive better in Arena with Naxx 25 gear on than the mixture of pvp gear I was able to obtain.

For BG's your better off stacking as much STAM as possible.

Resilience helps prevent you from getting one-shotted by an insane crit. And if you're fighting a DoT class, reduce some of the hurt from there too. It's still not gonna save you from BG-style zergs or anything.

I really think they should have added more health to PvP gear, though. Resilience is good and all that, but stamina is the more consistent way to buy time for yourself, where resilience seems to be more of a "just in case you get critically hit" stat.

where resilience seems to be more of a "just in case you get critically hit" stat.
    well thats exactly what resil is...
    because its only affecting critz...

What if they added a crapload more stamina to PvP gear, would that help?

Quote Originally Posted by fibre
    What if they added a crapload more stamina to PvP gear, would that help?
    Helll YEeaaah.

Just run in PvE gear and you will be fine.
    That is until blizz finaly fixes resil so we dont get 1-2 shoted by retardins and other hybrid loldps`ers.

that whole hybrid dps *@#$ in WoTLK ruined the game (RiP TBC Balance :'().

pvp gear should just have +stam then +int/agil/str based on class, then +resil.
    It's just a game.