Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst

Re: Soul of the Dead for a resto druid

Uh huh.

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Nubs
    Not always true, I got nearly 22% crit unbuffed (w/o NP) and I love soul of the dead. I can out heal priests with my eye's closed, only thing I can't single target heal as well as is a holy paly simply because of their huge crits, but I guess if I was to heal with HT instead of WG>Nourish combos, then I could do 15k+ single target heals too.

Druids are the best healers in the game, I guess people just don't realize it yet, or play them to their maximum potential.
    My nourish crits for 15k if I have some hots on my target. With a haste proc up it casts in about 1 second. When I need to kick out massive heals I can do about 20k heals per second but it does rape my mana. Stack spirit IMO and you will be able to smash out heals without worrying about your mana.

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by 3elevenX
    Uh huh.
    Yup.

Quote Originally Posted by Dendrek
    But you'd be amazed how much of a difference skill can make. A good holy priest can be hard to beat for any resto druid. In fact, a good holy priest that is assigned to raid healing will pretty much be neck and neck with an equally good resto druid on nearly every fight in t7 content.
    CoH spam =/= skill or thought or ingenuity by any stretch of the imagination.

I'm in a guild with a Holy Priest who does not only do CoH spam, but actually uses a wide variety of spells. If all she did was CoH, she actually wouldn't be as high as she is because it really isn't that great of a spell on its own.

Most Holy Priests that I've seen in raids dropped pretty low on the healing meters (not to the bottom, but they certainly didn't stay at the very top where they were when 3.0 came out) with the CoH nerf. I remember many complaining that they would never be viable raid healers again and that Holy was a crappy spec with that nerf. Obviously that's not true... and if you look at their spell options, clearly CoH is not their only option for putting out a lot of healing.

Quote Originally Posted by Langebrød
    Yup, Its like a hunter rolling for Sinister Revenge, when some rogues really wanted it, then later he asks if its really better then his old weapon :P
    Wrong.

It's a high proc chance with 900 mana return. (with 45s internal CD)

Let's assume you get 1 proc every minute. (15 seconds to proc with how nourish going to be casted more... along with good old regrowth).

That's 900 mana every minute.

In case you -edited- don't understand how much mp5 that is.

900/60 = 15 per seconds.

And in terms of mp/5, it's 75/mp5.

Not to mention it would work nicely with the new seed.

Now, please detail how 75 mp5 is just better than some "green".

Whoever said it should be given to pal over disc is also a -edited-. Since when are pals having mana problems?
    It should equally goes to any healers IMO. But I am sure those play a priest will say priest and those pal will say to pal.

It's the same for all healers, if you have a good level of sp already but find yourself a little short on mana on most fights, switch to this trinket.

If there is absolutely noway you run out of mana, use the sp trinkets.

EDIT: well.. edit out a couple adjectives. Enough to get my points across w/o them.

Quote Originally Posted by Dendrek
    I'm in a guild with a Holy Priest who does not only do CoH spam, but actually uses a wide variety of spells. If all she did was CoH, she actually wouldn't be as high as she is because it really isn't that great of a spell on its own.

Most Holy Priests that I've seen in raids dropped pretty low on the healing meters (not to the bottom, but they certainly didn't stay at the very top where they were when 3.0 came out) with the CoH nerf. I remember many complaining that they would never be viable raid healers again and that Holy was a crappy spec with that nerf. Obviously that's not true... and if you look at their spell options, clearly CoH is not their only option for putting out a lot of healing.
    I've run with plenty of priests who get a little uncomfortable when they are consistently being out-healed by a druid. Invariably, the way said priests cope with such insecurity is to assign themselves raid heals and CoH spam.

It ain't nothin' new.