Page 1 of 5
... LastLast

Your Idea for Bosses in Icecrown.

I was a little bored, so i decided to think of possible bosses in Icecrown Citadel. I also figured why not post it on MMO-Champion and see what other people are thinking.

Mal'ganis: Even though he fled to his homeworld, my bets are that hes probably imprisoned somewhere within Icecrown
    Anub'Arak: I dont think hes dead. He'll come back and say "Dont look so smug. Azjol-Nerub was only a setback."
    Saurfang Jr. and Bolvar Duo: After fighting them, their redeemed and help us later
    Saragosa: Her current location is unknown and shes the leader of the Frostbrood. My bet is second to last boss
    Lich King: Duh
    A Vargul version of King Ymiron: Perhaps
    A possibe part of Yogg-Saron: A part of him that Arthas has been harvesting to make Saronite
    A Saronite Demolisher Vehicle: Similar to Flame Leviathan in Ulduar with siege weapons, only with a less stupid fight.

Other than that i have no guess. Probably some random bosses that have no place in lore.

Re: Your Idea for Bosses in Icecrown.

Quote Originally Posted by Mermaider12
    Anub'Arak: I dont think hes dead. He'll come back and say "Dont look so smug. Azjol-Nerub was only a setback."
    That applies to Kel'Thuzad more than Anub'Arak, to be honest...

Original creator of the PointlessThread++;

The Lightbringer
    15+ Year Old Account

oh I loved that anubarak speech you had in there lol.

Well Anubarak would undoubtedly be ressed by LK imo, so thats 1 boss. If not.... A Viser, that model hasn't been really used that often.

LK himself is a 2nd

Saragosa, or however that dragon is spelled, obviously a 3rd or fought alongside the battle with the LK, like the Witch King in lord of the rings.

Maybe the Troll King from Gundrak, under LK's control, nice icey feel to it.

Maybe Kel'Thuzad will be back, ressed once more by the LK, might find him in a duo fight with another random boss.

Maybe Mal'Ganis will come in, in some sort of Shade of Akama type fight where he'll appear through a portal and you defend some guy NPC who will help you eventually, like Alliance Hero X/Horde Hero Y. And after you do he runs away.

Maybe a Valkyrie, some leader of them, you know those flying white angel things in the Vrkyul regions.

And lastly, a faceless one, Darkspeaker R'khem, you see plenty of them under Icecrown, good chance 1 will be in there, remember that guy you free during the mine quest in Icecrown?

I'll be at a guess of 8 bosses in total in Icecrown anyway, since Blizz said they won't make another dungeon as big as Ulduar. But hey things change :P

The Lightbringer
    15+ Year Old Account

I wonder if Blizzard knows what bosses they'll have there or not yet xD or even spent any time designing some of it... Once they do its time to go k: abilities of them all are! xD Oh the fun of being a designer

Bolvar can't be ressurected for an Icecrown boss, Alexstraza burned his corpse, along with all the other bodies.

However, the Lich King has Saurfang's soul, so I think it's a safe bet that we'll be fighting him.
    "Judas went afk and <The Disciples> wiped, but it's cool 'cos Jesus had a SoulStone."

My science teacher didn't believe in evolution, can you gimme hallelujah?

The Lightbringer
    15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Priestgirl09
    No, You were lead to believe it but we never saw it. I dont know all the details but something is said in Draconic. In the beta you could translate this and Alextraza said "They must not know the fate of the young paladin, not yet".

So the heavily believed rumor is that he is alive, and he is the person that we will see being tortured by lich king in Yogg Saron's vision.
    Ah yes, you make a very valid point there

The Lightbringer
    15+ Year Old Account

I certianly like the way you think

Magister's Terrace was merely a setback;
    They should put Kael'thas in as either a running gag or for his beef with Arthas (You'd find him assaulting the citadel early on)

A reanimated Uther and/or King Terenas Menethil.

I'd really expect, as well as hope, that Anub'Arak gets resurrected, seeing how he was a major ally through out The Frozen Throne and well, the ending he had in Ajol-Nerub wasn't quite what he deserved; in my opinion.

Tirion, Sylvannas, Darion and Jaina will be assisting in the destruction of the Lich King... if not a few more characters.

Do not expect Bolvar to be there as a boss. Bolvar's soul and body were left outside when Arthas ran back inside Icecrown. The true fate of Bolvar is only known to the red dragonflight at the moment. Expect him to be assisting also.

Expect another council type fight. Saurfang's and Alexandros' souls. This fight will probably lead to Darion being able to wield The Ashbringer... "My son, there will come a day when you will command the Ashbringer, and with it mete out justice across this land. I have no doubt that when that day finally comes, you will bring pride to our people, and that Lordaeron will be a better place because of you. But, my son, that day is not today."

If Mal'Ganis is there... he is there to race you or to stop you and take the kill for himself.

I am really hoping to see Arthas' sister get into the story arc... mainly because of her ties with Deathwing.

You run into icecrown and engage the first set of mobs the gate behind you locks up and the LK stands above you on a platform blasting away the floor after you beat the pack. You fall into a crypt where you fight King Leoric the skeletal king.
    You make you way out of the crypt only to find at the stairs back up is part of the kingdom and guess who is waiting there for you, Anub'Arak!

You make it into another large chamber where Saurfang Jr., and Bolvar, both with their own unique powerful ghoul...ish thing.

Then you make it out to a garden of undeath inside the citadel. Large trees of bones and hedges of corpses. Sindragosa can be seen nomming on a pile of live mortals in a bone bowl.

A faceless one is chained up litterally like a pet in the next corridor, there are 2 other passages but before you get to choose which of the 3 ways you want to go, he mind controls you, walks you towards him, and traps you in a solid black bubble of darkness with him. YAY!

I'm losing my creativeness so we'll throw in a vargul, and valkyrie fight.
    a council type fight with geist, vampire guy, gargoyle, banshee, and abom.
    Some random eredar
    another couple maws of yoggy
    and LK himself
    and maybe when he dies the essence of Ner'zhul being once a shaman and now a dk reconstructs his old body and fights you again with his own style of fighting and different abilities.
    Then Kaelthas swoops in and grabs frostmourne and teleports to the maw of oblivion, *end of xpac* see you in 2 years!

Quote Originally Posted by Kamelot
    You run into icecrown and engage the first set of mobs the gate behind you locks up and the LK stands above you on a platform blasting away the floor after you beat the pack. You fall into a crypt where you fight King Leoric the skeletal king.
    You make you way out of the crypt only to find at the stairs back up is part of the kingdom and guess who is waiting there for you, Anub'Arak!

You make it into another large chamber where Saurfang Jr., and Bolvar, both with their own unique powerful ghoul...ish thing.

Then you make it out to a garden of undeath inside the citadel. Large trees of bones and hedges of corpses. Sindragosa can be seen nomming on a pile of live mortals in a bone bowl.

A faceless one is chained up litterally like a pet in the next corridor, there are 2 other passages but before you get to choose which of the 3 ways you want to go, he mind controls you, walks you towards him, and traps you in a solid black bubble of darkness with him. YAY!

I'm losing my creativeness so we'll throw in a vargul, and valkyrie fight.
    a council type fight with geist, vampire guy, gargoyle, banshee, and abom.
    Some random eredar
    another couple maws of yoggy
    and LK himself
    and maybe when he dies the essence of Ner'zhul being once a shaman and now a dk reconstructs his old body and fights you again with his own style of fighting and different abilities.
    Then Kaelthas swoops in and grabs frostmourne and teleports to the maw of oblivion, *end of xpac* see you in 2 years!
    buy a life
    When We Ride Our Enemies..

Mal'ganis- probably will explain why he never dies, something perhaps connected to the lich king or yogg-saron. Also, Mal'ganis in the quest chain in icecrown says 'you will never defeat the lich king without my help!'. The burning legion might help you out in some way in the Lich King fight.

Lich Boss- IDK, i just think there will be.

Ghoul Boss- Just saying that there has never been a ghoul raid boss in WoW. It could use a power that sucks out someones flesh and turns them into a ghoul, while turning the boss into them.

King Whateverhisnameis <Lord of the Darkfallen> There have been a bunch of princes, so there must be a king (unless that is referring to the lich king). This boss will zzzcuk your bloooddd.

Skeletal construct boss- There has never been a skeleton raid boss in WoW, just sayin.

Saurfang the Younger- This would be a spirit, which is held captive by Frostmourne and is never truly freed until you defeat the Lich King.

Bolvar Fordragon- He is the guy being tortured in Yogg's vision within Icecrown. He will be an undead who will also be freed when you kill the Lich King. He will probably be a dark, warped paladin.

Blah'blah, Lord of Necromancy- This will be some cool necromancer fight.

Flesh Giant Boss- This would somehow fit with wotlk, and there hasn't been a flesh giant raid boss yet in WoW.

Frost Elemental Boss- This could be a very very powerful frost elemental spirit that is being siphoned for its power that creates forst wyrms out of bones. This would start out as a chained entity that you would break free and then destroy.

Sindragosa- Everyone knows who this is. She will probably be at the bottom of the giant frozen throne spirally staircase.

The Lich King- There hasn't been a Lich King boss yet in WoW :P

No but seriously, this is how it should go. Players will go up the spiral stair, and along the way they will see spirits of Arthas's past. Suddenely, Tirion, Darion, Saurfang, Bolvar, Spirit of Uther, and an army of paladins will appear. They will all help you during the lick king fight, sometimes in ways neccessary to survive. At a certain point, mal'ganis will come and deal an important blow to the Lich King, only to be defeated and killed by him. Then, Tirion will become wounded and a player will have to take up the ashbringer. At a certain point in the fight, Arthas and ner'zhul will seperate for the final phase. You will have to kill them within ten seconds of each other while at the same time using a special item to disable frostmourne. Then he will be defeated, and the spirits of all the people he killed will float up to...... the twisting nether.

And there will be quest chains to purify Ashbringer and to make Frostmourne wieldable (you know they'll do it.)

Quote Originally Posted by riflemancho
    buy a life
    That was a bit uncalled for, though i guess i went a bit too much in explanation, i was having fun. Though you dont need to shove your epeen in someone's face about it. It didn't hurt anything, and it only wasted time that aparently you had time to waste if you are reading opinionated boss ideas.

Everyone always forgets about Darkspeaker R'khem *the faceless one we free in the Saronite mines*. I'm almost positive he'll be a boss somewhere in the game *probally Icecrown I mean he is there*

as for bosses

Boss 1: Darkspeaker R'khem *the faceless one that was chained up, and I bet everything I own that the Icecrown raid begins in the Azjol'Nerub esq place under Icecrown*
    Boss 2: Anub'Arak *the last boss of the Azjol'Nerub portion of the raid*
    at this point I imagine we get out to the front gates of the Citadel and meet up with the last remenants of the Scarlet crusade. After a gauntlet event *similar to the opening act of the Ulduar raid* we run into
    Boss 3: Mal'Ganis *Seeking revenge against the Lich King*
    With Mal'Ganis and the scarlets dead we enter the citadel proper, and are greeted by the Lich King personally after some slight provocation he vanishes. Then like SSC or TK we can fight the next 3 bosses in any order
    Boss 4: A san'layn council *led by Prince Theraldis*
    Boss 5: Bolvar Fordragon+ Saurufang the younger DK mode. Tag team bosses similar to the Eredar warlocks *killing one makes the other stronger*
    Boss 6: A Vyrkul king and a Valkyrie queen
    After the bosses are defeated a gate opens leading deeper into Icecrown Citadel
    Boss 7: Kel'Thuzad *Made even stronger by the return of his original voice actor*
    Boss 8: Sindragosa *The frostwyrm queen herself*
    We then reach the stairs leading to the frozen throne. After a long climb in which we are constantly assualted by elite undead troops we reach the Frozen throne and find the Lich King sitting in wait for us.

Boss 9: The Lich King: The first Phase consists of us fighting him completly and totally alone. After slowly but surely weakening him to about 75% of his health we go into a slight in game cutscene *similar to Kael'Thas* in which he mocks our foolish attemps at fighting us and in an flash one shots the raid and goes to return to his throne when Tirion Fording and Darion Morgraine appear to do battle. Tirion revives the raid and the battle continues with Darion and Tirion aiding you. Getting the Lich King to 50% of his health enrages him and in a cutscene he kills Tirion Fording. Then turns his sight on the rest of the raid when Darion intervenes taking up the Ashbringer. The battle is about to begin again when Thrall and High Overlord Sarufang make an appearance after an exchange of words the battle begins again. We get the Lich King to 25% when the trumpets of the alliance blare out and King Varian Wyrn and Jaina Proudmore make an appearance. Varian is disgusted by the pair of Orcs already fighting the Lich King. He wants to kill them now but decides that the Lich King must fall here and now. Jaina on the other hand pleads with Arthas one last time and though initially she seems to get through to him. He ultimatly overcomes what he calls a moment of weakness and gets ready to attack this time making full use of the power at his command *not only will you fight him but waves of Icecrown Guardians begin to flood the room* and then we reach 0%. The weakened Lich King falls to his knees, the group gather around ready to deliever the final blow. When an arrow flies out and strikes the Lich King in the chest. Everyone spins around to find Sylvanas windrunner and the forsaken entering the room. Sylvanas gloats over the Lich King as he dies slowly and in agony. Commenting that his death will be slow and painful just like the one he had delievered to her.

The Lich King falls and yay loot... moments later explosions rock the area.

Boss 10: Sylvanas Windrunner and the Forsaken: Forsaken catapults armed with the new plague will be bombarding the area throughout the whole fight or until destroied *hard mode beat Sylvanas without destroying the catapults* the plague itself will be a hard hitting debuff that is borderline impossible to heal through for an extended time *all of your allies in the Lich King fight where taken out by the plague at the start of the fight*

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by riflemancho
    buy a life
    u wrote on sidenote: not a scrub + u wrote ''u got rickrolled''

i find these pretty strong evidence ure a little scrub whining for shit being 2 hard and u cry when u see someone with bether gear than u and u think ure more skilled than people with whorse gear than u
    Your greed, your foolishness has brought you to this end.

- Prince Malchezaar

Quote Originally Posted by Barubary
    Boss 10: Sylvanas Windrunner and the Forsaken: Forsaken catapults armed with the new plague will be bombarding the area throughout the whole fight or until destroied *hard mode beat Sylvanas without destroying the catapults* the plague itself will be a hard hitting debuff that is borderline impossible to heal through for an extended time *all of your allies in the Lich King fight where taken out by the plague at the start of the fight*
    Didnt we deal with the "New Plague" when you did the battle for Undercity?

15+ Year Old Account

I just hope it's as epic as KJ in Sunwell.(and doesnt get nerfed, ever.)

Not that I know of, we the players never dealt with the new plague

ontop of which at this point Sylvanas could have further refined it

high apothecary putress was the one who killed everyone at the wrathgate, and he was killed in UC, sylvanas wasnt a part of that if i recall..