3.1 Frost DPS DW/2h

First off please no "DW = you fail" or similar comments. ill be dual speccing frost when 3.1 goes live one 2h one DW

since wrath realeased i have been 0/32/39 i current patch i pull 5.5k on patch in a mish-mosh of 10/25 gear and an epiclyBLUE ring =P (what can i say DK is my alt). i got a couple of questions.

1. if DW is a bastardation of the DK then why did blizz make it an option why not just take the ability away all together, moreover why are they nerfing it so hard that ALL DKs no matter what spec will be 2h DPS or tanking? isnt that what blizz was tring to avoid making every spec the same...

2. i realize that it is all in theory (at least untill 3.1 is released live) but in the 2h area which spec would be the higher of the DPS

http://ptr.wowhead.com/?talent=jf0MZG0xxAbckf0VostfM0hz <--- 2 ponts left over for prefrences

http://ptr.wowhead.com/?talent=jfVMRcZG0xxAbckf0Vost <--- 2 ponts left over for prefrences i dont go deep into the talent dark conviction due to KM

Re: 3.1 Frost DPS DW/2h

http://ptr.wowhead.com/?talent=jfVMVZG0xxAbczf0qostc
    This is the 2h spec you'd want to be using.

Blizz added DW to DKs for some variety. They said very clearly that they don't want DKs to take the ehancement shaman route, so the are keen with the nerfbat.

Quote Originally Posted by Kaspar

Blizz added DW to DKs for some variety. They said very clearly that they don't want DKs to take the ehancement shaman route, so the are keen with the nerfbat.
    One question. 1pt improved frost presence over deathchill??

really? http://ptr.wowhead.com/?spell=49480 would you mind explaining. i am not understanding the need or want for that talent because of killing maching i am assuming that with killing machine in 3.1 like current will make the IT, HB and FS attacks crit like crazy and the white damage being the majority of the frost DKs damage making dark command usless if i am wrong then, im worng. but not understanding the roll it plays thank you for your input btw =D

Quote Originally Posted by orestes
    One question. 1pt improved frost presence over deathchill??
    Deatchill = One crit on a 2 min CD.
    Imp Frost = 5% more HP.

It's purely up to you, but I don't want an extra button to push and more HP never hurt anyone.

As for Dark Conviction:

Unholy subtree sucks for frost. Killing Machine doesnt have 100% uptime and doesnt support every single one of your skills. Obliterate and normal melee hits come to mind.
    When you find something negative about extra crit, be sure to share it with us.

15+ Year Old Account

i'm using http://talent.mmo-champion.com/?deat...0&version=9767 come 3.1 as DW spec...i refuse to do unholy DW or a 2hander spec

Hey Kaspar, can you tell me the rotation you use on this spec, im very interested in trying this out when the patch goes live

As for Dark Conviction:

Unholy subtree sucks for frost. Killing Machine doesnt have 100% uptime and doesnt support every single one of your skills. Obliterate and normal melee hits come to mind.
    When you find something negative about extra crit, be sure to share it with us.
    Not certain I agree with you on this one, Epidemic does not suck for Frost, at all, under all three conceivable disease refresh mechanics with 3.1.

There's nothing outright negative about Crit, the problem is it's just not as big of a gain.

I felt this 0/51/20 was a better spec than most others I've seen posted here. I honestly don't see a reason for Chill of the Grave over 2 more points in annihilation (something tells me you'll have plenty of runic power without the need for more from IT or HB). Also, Night of the Dead is necessary when raiding to keep your pet alive. It may not be permanent, but it'll be cast-able more often and stay alive longer.

Flame away.
    Signature image removed for size -- please read the guidelines.

Quote Originally Posted by Affe
    I felt this 0/51/20 was a better spec than most others I've seen posted here. I honestly don't see a reason for Chill of the Grave over 2 more points in annihilation (something tells me you'll have plenty of runic power without the need for more from IT or HB). Also, Night of the Dead is necessary when raiding to keep your pet alive. It may not be permanent, but it'll be cast-able more often and stay alive longer.

Flame away.
    Correct me on this:
    Does the avoidance even WORK on the ghoul if it isnt a permapet??
    Not only does it get laughably little from your stats, it's up 1 minute every 3 minutes, with the CD starting when the ghoul dies.

Getting it is useless.

Correct me on this:
    Does the avoidance even WORK on the ghoul if it isnt a permapet??
    Not only does it get laughably little from your stats, it's up 1 minute every 3 minutes, with the CD starting when the ghoul dies.

Getting it is useless.
    Forget the pet avoidance, think Army cooldown.

We'll see with Ulduar but for 3.0 raiding this would've been pure gold.

Quote Originally Posted by Slirith
    i'm using http://talent.mmo-champion.com/?deat...0&version=9767 come 3.1 as DW spec...i refuse to do unholy DW or a 2hander spec
    What rotation would you be useing? Whats your gear at, also have you tried this spec on PTR before the patch went live?

Kaspar's build is so close it hurts.

As far as Deathchill goes, if you really hate activating abilities then macro Deathchill to Obliterate. That way whenever it is up you will activate it and get the crit.

If you just REALLY hate the idea of Deathchill then at least think logically about that hanging point. If you are dps do not waste points in anything that does not affect dps...5% more hp does help in some situations...but it's just not enough to justify it. In reality 1 point in Toughness would at least give you more armor...which in turn increases the effect of Bladed Armor. Even though its a ridiculously small return...it would be an increase in dps over more hp.

IT,Ob,FS glyph's with the normal minor's.

Quote Originally Posted by Gomexus
    Kaspar's build is so close it hurts.

As far as Deathchill goes, if you really hate activating abilities then macro Deathchill to Obliterate. That way whenever it is up you will activate it and get the crit.

If you just REALLY hate the idea of Deathchill then at least think logically about that hanging point. If you are dps do not waste points in anything that does not affect dps...5% more hp does help in some situations...but it's just not enough to justify it. In reality 1 point in Toughness would at least give you more armor...which in turn increases the effect of Bladed Armor. Even though its a ridiculously small return...it would be an increase in dps over more hp.

IT,Ob,FS glyph's with the normal minor's.
    Has anyone crunched numbers on EJ or somewhere like that, whether using glyph of the disease + pestilence would be better than using IT+PS with IT glyphed to refresh diseases?

This is my current 2H frost spec. I hope to give it a really good trial tonight with an instance run or raid of some kind.
    http://talent.mmo-champion.com/?deat...4&version=9767

Reasons why I took Chillblains and Endless Winter is that I sometimes pvp. Plus, as the main kiter for Gluth, using Howling Blast to apply the frost fever makes it easier to keep them rounded up and kited. Endless Winter is just great for the free interrupt against Kel'Thuzad. You don't need the frost strike glyph when you can get 130 RP, which lets you use 3 Frost strikes anway you're runes will probably refresh before you need to use a 4th so the Glyph is not needed. If I were to re-do it, I'd drop the points in Improved Icy Talons and Icy Talons as they are also not needed with an Enhancement Shaman in the raid.

Draekon

If you PVP sometimes, then make your PVP spec your secondary.

Those talents will hamper your DPS.