Thread: Post Your UI

Nothing special just tidying it up for legion

Deleted
    Lots of great inspiration here. A question for everyone with only 1 chat box: do you have different tabs for Trade channel or do you just not use trade/general at all? I find I can't keep up with /g /w /p if I only use one frame so I have one frame for loot + trade and one for chatting. Would make for a prettier UI if I could remove one of my chatframes.

Quote Originally Posted by Ascor View Post
    Lots of great inspiration here. A question for everyone with only 1 chat box: do you have different tabs for Trade channel or do you just not use trade/general at all? I find I can't keep up with /g /w /p if I only use one frame so I have one frame for loot + trade and one for chatting. Would make for a prettier UI if I could remove one of my chatframes.
    I have different "tabs" wich does not show until i hoover over my chat, only the tabs text is blinking if its "a whisper"

Deleted
    Prat and full chat tabs for different chat needs; all - public chats - whispers - instance - party - guild - misc and of course combat log.

Deleted
    I don't use /1 or /2 at all, but when I did I had the latter in its own tab, since I would only want to see it at certain times. Right now I have tabs for things that might be important (/g, /w, and loot) so I can occasionally check to see that I didn't miss anything because of kobolds telling me not to take candles and such, and I don't have loot (or gold) messages in my general tab because it's only rarely useful to see.

---

While I'm here I'll also mention that so far I've had zero issues with soloing without a target frame, but when I played on my 100 Priest a bit I remembered that it's very valuable to always have your debuff and cooldown timers close together if you care about being efficient with those, and you can't really do that if the former are attached to nameplates and not visible anywhere else, so I would say that it's fine to remove the target frame itself in favor of nameplates, but not debuff timers. Well, that's my story.
    Last edited by mmocf531e475c8; 2016-08-12 at 02:24 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by vulpix View Post
    This is what I have right now, still deciding on unitframes. ouf_Phanx would look nice but waiting for that to get updated.
    Click to open full image.

Combat

Weakauras
    You could always make some Unitframes yourself using something like Stuf or SUF and adding bordering using Beautycase or kgPanels. Can easily mimic more "Default" frames using the same rounded borders like your icons and additional framing have in those pics. That way you could always be in control of your UI and make changes as you see fit without waiting for others to update things. I got tired of OUF myself and started making my own stuff when I really wanted to.
    Thanks to Duskmoon for the awesome Sig/Avatar/Banner!

Quote Originally Posted by Vxt View Post
    You could always make some Unitframes yourself using something like Stuf or SUF and adding bordering using Beautycase or kgPanels. Can easily mimic more "Default" frames using the same rounded borders like your icons and additional framing have in those pics. That way you could always be in control of your UI and make changes as you see fit without waiting for others to update things. I got tired of OUF myself and started making my own stuff when I really wanted to.
    You read my mind because that's what I've been doing since I posted, hah.
    Pretty happy with it so far, haven't touched boss frames yet.

Finally finished my Aurora plugin for LiteBag.

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/...216_205436.jpg
    oh, honey.

Quote Originally Posted by Lyn View Post

I was wondering when that bag was getting an overhaul! Good to see you are still improving the UI more and more! <3

10+ Year Old Account
    I use one chat box and yeah, I use multiple tabs. My basic set-up is the standard General tab with everything, the combat log tab, an Important tab that captures stuff like guild, party, raid, and then a Loot tab that captures item and money gains. I split item/gold out to its own tab because I found that it often scrolled my other chat windows too much. It makes it easy to go back and look if I cared about seeing what I or other people got.
    That is not dead which can eternal lie.
    And with strange aeons even death may die.

Heres is mine, mostly elvui with some tweaks. Probably have to make unitframes abit smaller to fit some weakauras but did not had time for this yet.

Quote Originally Posted by Lyn View Post

Do you have that for download separately? I love it.

10+ Year Old Account

looks good, I love beautycase borders

So I guess I am playing WoW again, which means my ui was in serious need of repair since its been so long. Still lots to do, but here it is:

Gunna get this one functional and then start toying around with other layouts.

<3
    Ish

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Ishtara View Post
    So I guess I am playing WoW again, which means my ui was in serious need of repair since its been so long. Still lots to do, but here it is:

Gunna get this one functional and then start toying around with other layouts.

<3
    Ish
    I like this a lot. Very nice job so far!

Very nice! Unitframes is the one thing above all else I try and make myself. I think if you have the knowhow required for the task at hand, nothing beats getting something EXACTLY how you want it.
    Thanks to Duskmoon for the awesome Sig/Avatar/Banner!

Quote Originally Posted by solvexx View Post
    Do you have that for download separately? I love it.
    I can do that when I get out of the bed. :'D

Edit: Done.
    Last edited by Lyn; 2016-08-13 at 08:36 AM.
    oh, honey.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by mikkis2k View Post
    So i've been bugging Lyn these past days to make his UI fit my needs, and he's been very helpfull so thank you!

First i wanted to have the UI "hide" when i wasn't in combat.. But after testing it wasn't very practical :S

So heres the turnout, a combat pic, idle pic and a fun pic wich shows the castbar.

Idle

Combat

Fun

Can you link me the red neon arrow addon that shows your target?

Quote Originally Posted by Malus416 View Post
    Can you link me the red neon arrow addon that shows your target?
    That's part of EKPlates.

Inspired by a lot of recent posts, hopefully people don't mind