Thread: Post Your UI

Quote Originally Posted by Medestruit View Post
    You can accomplish this in WA. You can text layer for the /// and just make a custom function color coding them for class and/or hostility.
    Thank you.
    And thank you Drayarr.
    I guess now I have to figure out how to make other's debuffs slightly transparent instead of just greyed out.

Quote Originally Posted by ausmara View Post
    Thank you.
    And thank you Drayarr.
    I guess now I have to figure out how to make other's debuffs slightly transparent instead of just greyed out.
    To further my last post with a tad more detail, I class color most of my UI to change stuff based around which toon/spec I'm playing. Here's some screenshots, the 2nd of which shows the function I use for class coloring. All the color hexes can be changed to whatever, and the "else" line at the bottom can be edited(this line colors all non-class defined mobs) to show aggression color or to whatever color you want.

I add that function into the animations tab > main > type: custom - time in: relative - % of progress: 100 - Color: checked - type: custom function > apply that function into the text editor.

I'm positive there are much faster and/or easier ways of doing this now with the conditions tab, but I honestly don't use the conditions tab unless I'm making something new at this point. Not going back and redoing all my old WAs. Everything you see on my UI (unit frames, "action bar" etc) is WA.

I havent posted a pic in a while. Got bored last night and decided to slap that sexy 2px border that Kheath812 was using.

Last edited by Drayarr; 2017-05-12 at 04:45 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Arafal View Post
    To each their own but idk how you don't want to slap your screen everytime that Porky combat font comes up /shudders

PM Requests are CLOSED | DevArt | TwitchTV | Zen Pigeons

Quote Originally Posted by Medestruit View Post
    To further my last post with a tad more detail, I class color most of my UI to change stuff based around which toon/spec I'm playing. Here's some screenshots, the 2nd of which shows the function I use for class coloring. All the color hexes can be changed to whatever, and the "else" line at the bottom can be edited(this line colors all non-class defined mobs) to show aggression color or to whatever color you want.

snipped images

I add that function into the animations tab > main > type: custom - time in: relative - % of progress: 100 - Color: checked - type: custom function > apply that function into the text editor.

I'm positive there are much faster and/or easier ways of doing this now with the conditions tab, but I honestly don't use the conditions tab unless I'm making something new at this point. Not going back and redoing all my old WAs. Everything you see on my UI (unit frames, "action bar" etc) is WA.
    So I used that and changed it to "target" for the unit and it works great for classees, but friendly NPCs and hostile NPCs (most) just show as warrior brown. I'm trying to get NPCs to show as reaction color, no matter what "class" they are.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Arafal View Post
    here's the UI i use on almost all of my characters.

imgur link: http://imgur.com/a/8maEA

its not the prettiest or the tidiest, but im comfortable with it.
    Looks very cluttered, where do you even put the raid frames and why do you have the default health/mana bars active, seems redundant.

So I'm trying to make dark UF that end up red when damage is taken. I'm using 3 / to show hostility/class but ElvUI likes to randomly shift what plane items are on (The top /// have no outline, the bottom /// have an outline to create the "fat" look).:

http://imgur.com/a/GM5PF

Does anyone know if there's a way to accomplish this with a weak aura, show a units class or reaction? Ignore the number to the left, it's % health and I haven't thought of a decent place for it, or how to show it only sub 100 (it's a weak aura).
    Oh, now I know what I will do, if I ever need to remake my UFs. Looks lovely. Maybe in my next vacation.
    oh, honey.

Hello modernist, I saw your post on the UI that you are using and I really loved it. I checked your github and the ui you have there is a bit different. i'd like to ask if there is a way to customize the one that you have on github to the way your looks (floating action bar and no background behind it).
    I really love the work that you did with the addon so thanks!

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by slaskel View Post
    Looks very cluttered, where do you even put the raid frames and why do you have the default health/mana bars active, seems redundant.
    My raid and party frames are over the skada meters and chat.
    I just prefer it that way, its been like that since my brother introduced to the game, and i never could get used to somethig different.

Formerly known as Arafal

This is my new UI, which is made up of ELVUI and raven, because ELVUI does not support vertical health, so I use the EUI (enhanced version of elvui) and ElvUI_BenikUI (it can vertically display the energy) to achieve. I am now troubled by the aurabar icon display, I hope aurabar icon can be displayed on the right, so my UI is symmetrical.
    http: //imgur.com/45I4ZhU
    http: //imgur.com/1SMETmL
    http: //imgur.com/JUOExVb
    Last edited by Enixz; 2017-05-12 at 10:04 AM.

Deleted

Quote Originally Posted by Vxt View Post
    Checked and many glyphs do not match. Plus, it lower and upper case are the same glyphs (i.e. "All Caps"). It's definitely a Sans Serif font, just can't seem to remember where else I've seen it.
    Check one of the Proxima Nova variations perhaps. Maybe Condensed?

Deleted

Current UI !
    Any advice appreciated !

Love the setup! Especially the raid frames. Any chance you could share your profile

Quote Originally Posted by niirb View Post
    Hello modernist, I saw your post on the UI that you are using and I really loved it. I checked your github and the ui you have there is a bit different. i'd like to ask if there is a way to customize the one that you have on github to the way your looks (floating action bar and no background behind it).
    I really love the work that you did with the addon so thanks!
    hello! i'm planning to update it soon, i haven't stuck it on github yet whilst i make sure it works across all characters, multiple action bars etc etc ~ i'll drop a post in here when i do.

i mean i only added an xp bar last week:

Quote Originally Posted by modernist View Post
    hello! i'm planning to update it soon, i haven't stuck it on github yet whilst i make sure it works across all characters, multiple action bars etc etc ~ i'll drop a post in here when i do.

i mean i only added an xp bar last week:
    I'm waiting anxiously

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by karlodav View Post
    I'm waiting anxiously
    Same here, looks pretty damn awesome!

Quote Originally Posted by Litenbit90 View Post
    Same here, looks pretty damn awesome!
    makes 3 of us!

So I used that and changed it to "target" for the unit and it works great for classees, but friendly NPCs and hostile NPCs (most) just show as warrior brown. I'm trying to get NPCs to show as reaction color, no matter what "class" they are.
    The last line "else...--warrior, formatted slightly different." is what applies the default warrior color to NPC's. You need to remove that(which will default all non-defined targets to the golden yellow color Blizz uses as a default).

To make the text reactionary, you might have to do it with triggers(defining unit characteristics by non-player hostility then adding conditions to color by each hostility). I personally tried doing this to try and get it to work to no avail, however. I'm no LUA expert, so there might be a line you can add in the custom code I gave you that will define hostility. I don't know the tag for hostility or if there is one (something like "UnitClassification("target") == "hostile""), someone like Modernist or Lyn might be able to provide more insight into this than I can.
    Last edited by Medestruit; 2017-05-13 at 08:00 PM.