Thread: Post Your UI

Quote Originally Posted by shrike126 View Post

Something like this ish?
    Yes, that is a lot better.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Arbiter View Post
    I know there's been some changes to how friendly player names and such work with 7.3 and all so I feel it's worth asking. What are you currently using to achieve the names above players and does it still not work in dungeons/raids?
    I am using Kui Nameplates. Unfortunately, it does not work in dungeons or raids on friendly players, only on enemies :/

Quote Originally Posted by Aok View Post
    looks really great, and thanks for sharing it with us

short quest, the bar above the damage meter, how do you have done this? elvui, benkui or just lua?

So how did you get the action bars to fade like that in the middle?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by navaler View Post
    looks really great, and thanks for sharing it with us

short quest, the bar above the damage meter, how do you have done this? elvui, benkui or just lua?
    By using DTBars2, an addon for ElvUI ^^

Quote Originally Posted by Aok View Post
    By using DTBars2, an addon for ElvUI ^^
    wuhuuuuiii thanks

Looking for some comments and criticism re. improvements etc. for my Disc Priest Healing UI.

Just the basic layout here. Currently annoyed that OUF_Simple won't let me set the 1-pixel border for the cast bars...

10+ Year Old Account
    I never really understood why people use incredibly thin bars for their casts, as well as for their health/mana/target/etc in other cases. It ironically seems to be more "in your face" and distracting than larger bars, at least to me.

Quote Originally Posted by Bigbazz
    MMO champion for example used to be the center of WoW theorycrafting

Quote Originally Posted by Seramore View Post
    I never really understood why people use incredibly thin bars for their casts, as well as for their health/mana/target/etc in other cases. It ironically seems to be more "in your face" and distracting than larger bars, at least to me.
    takes up less screen space, and therefore minimalist.

heres mine, im working on it.

https://ibb.co/gkpcPF

i want something super minimalist

Quote Originally Posted by Seramore View Post
    I've never had to consider my own bars that much before (hunter main for 7 years...). I've internalised quite a lot of times over the past, similar to keybinds. I do prefer a bigger target cast bar, and as my OUF layout is arguing with me, I will likely have a Weakaura for both player and target which will be bigger.

Quote Originally Posted by Swiftshadow View Post
    takes up less screen space, and therefore minimalist.
    I would disagree strictly from that description.
    Minimalism is the reduction of duplicated or irrelevant information.
    Smaller if its displaying the same is just smaller.
    Now, if you remove something unnecessary such as timers, text, icons etc - then I would agree.
    Quote Originally Posted by DeadmanWalking View Post
    Your forgot to include the part where we blame casuals for everything because blizzard is catering to casuals when casuals got jack squat for new content the entire expansion, like new dungeons and scenarios.
    Quote Originally Posted by Reinaerd View Post
    T'is good to see there are still people valiantly putting the "Ass" in assumption.

Quote Originally Posted by ComputerNerd View Post
    I would disagree strictly from that description.
    Minimalism is the reduction of duplicated or irrelevant information.
    Smaller if its displaying the same is just smaller.
    Now, if you remove something unnecessary such as timers, text, icons etc - then I would agree.
    +1

/10char

Quote Originally Posted by shrike126 View Post

Something like this ish?
    Yes, that looks MUCH better (and I say that as someone with an absolutely sucky UI :-).

How do you get your buttons to show the "CQ" (which I take to mean "Ctrl-Q")? I can keybind my action bars to show single-key keybinds. Never tried modifier keybinds (mostly because my hands are getting stiffer as I get older).

How do your action bars work between forms ("stances")? I tried with my druid and my rogue (stealth), but it was a mess.

This is what I've been using for most of the expansion.

Looking good Arborus! I really like the font and your ressource / weakauras in the middle of the screeen. How do you change the Name of the Target Frame from "Greater Sparring Partner" to "G. S. Partner"? Is there a way to do this in ElvUi?

I'm using a lua string in Stuf for it.

Code:
    function(unit)
            local classcolor = CUSTOM_CLASS_COLORS[select(2, UnitClass(unit))]
            local reactioncolor = FACTION_BAR_COLORS[UnitReaction(unit, "player")]
            local name = UnitName(unit) or unit
        name = name:gsub('(%S+) ',function(t) return t:sub(1,1)..'.' end)
        if UnitIsPlayer(unit) then
            return "|cff%02x%02x%02x%s|r ",classcolor.r*255,classcolor.g*255,classcolor.b*255,name
        else
            return  "|cff%02x%02x%02x%s|r ",reactioncolor.r*255,reactioncolor.g*255,reactioncolor.b*255,name
        end
    end

Quote Originally Posted by PragmaticGamer View Post
    Yes, that looks MUCH better (and I say that as someone with an absolutely sucky UI :-).

How do you get your buttons to show the "CQ" (which I take to mean "Ctrl-Q")? I can keybind my action bars to show single-key keybinds. Never tried modifier keybinds (mostly because my hands are getting stiffer as I get older).

How do your action bars work between forms ("stances")? I tried with my druid and my rogue (stealth), but it was a mess.
    Hah, well thanks!

CQ does mean Ctrl+Q, same with all the rest. You can use the built in Elvui keybinding to do multi-key keybindings. Just use: /kb ... followed by hovering your mouse over whatever key you want to bind, then control + that key. Or shift. Or alt, whatever strikes your fancy.

As for the stances, Elvui allows for spec specific profiles. But generally I just bind similar keys to the same place. So like a self heal is always on E, "stance" ish or spec specific keys on the Q key, etc.

@Arborus what texture are you using for your bars?
    Probably the biggest thing that rppm trinkets include is the feelings of rage and joy of an unstable bi-polar person when your dps sways back and forth faster than a pregnant woman's emotions.

armory - retired

Quote Originally Posted by Arborus View Post
    I'm using a lua string in Stuf for it.

Code:
    function(unit)
            local classcolor = CUSTOM_CLASS_COLORS[select(2, UnitClass(unit))]
            local reactioncolor = FACTION_BAR_COLORS[UnitReaction(unit, "player")]
            local name = UnitName(unit) or unit
        name = name:gsub('(%S+) ',function(t) return t:sub(1,1)..'.' end)
        if UnitIsPlayer(unit) then
            return "|cff%02x%02x%02x%s|r ",classcolor.r*255,classcolor.g*255,classcolor.b*255,name
        else
            return  "|cff%02x%02x%02x%s|r ",reactioncolor.r*255,reactioncolor.g*255,reactioncolor.b*255,name
        end
    end
    tyvm! /10 chars