Thread: Post Your UI

Decided to change up my UI just a teensy little bit today. Basically just trying Skada over Recount (so I can have both Damage and Healing windows up simultaneously) and I'm giving SexyMap a try. I went a little nuts with the map, but I love it

My pet peeves about my UI right now:
    - Dislike the coordinates & zone appearance. I'm at least glad I can change the colors, but I don't like the border around it and such.
    - Is there a way to have the addon buttons detached from the map?
    - I have ForteXorcist to track dots and buffs and such below my raid frame, but when multidotting it will get cut off the screen because there's too many dots up and such. Any way to have it shift to the side once it reaches the bottom of the screen? Never could think of a solution to this other than moving the position of where I keep track of my dots, but I like this position.
    - Enemy cast bars - I use Quartz for my cast bars and it works wonderfully. I dislike the enemy cast bar that comes with it though, and it's nothing like the regular cast bars. Is there a decent addon for enemy cast bars?

A two week old screenshot of my previous UI: http://i.imgur.com/RJSoQ.jpg
    Last edited by Ellumina; 2012-04-16 at 09:02 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Ellumina View Post
    - Dislike the coordinates & zone appearance. I'm at least glad I can change the colors, but I don't like the border around it and such.
    I don't have any experience with SexyMap (that's the minimap you're running with, right?). But other minimap addons usually give you the option to hide the border/background for the zone and coordinates text. Chinchilla and PocketPlot do, at least.

- Is there a way to have the addon buttons detached from the map?
    I know of a few addons which will attempt to "gather" the minimap icons into one expandable and movable icon, but I would recommend getting a DataBroker display-bar (such as ChocolateBar or DockingStation), since most addons these days will support DataBroker and give you the option to hide their minimap icon. DataBroker display-bars are very similar to titanpanel, but you can customize the looks quite a bit more. You could easily make DataBroker blend in with the theme you've got going.

- I have ForteXorcist to track dots and buffs and such below my raid frame, but when multidotting it will get cut off the screen because there's too many dots up and such. Any way to have it shift to the side once it reaches the bottom of the screen? Never could think of a solution to this other than moving the position of where I keep track of my dots, but I like this position.
    I wouldn't wanna play WoW without my ForteXorcist. To my knowledge, it's not possible for FX to shift the DoT-bars to one side. I usually set an upper limit on how many maximum bars I want FX to display, at any given time. You can also blacklist buffs/debuffs, if your FX-bars are filling up with random stuff (typically in a raid setting).

- Enemy cast bars - I use Quartz for my cast bars and it works wonderfully. I dislike the enemy cast bar that comes with it though, and it's nothing like the regular cast bars. Is there a decent addon for enemy cast bars?
    Open the Quartz config window by using "/quartz" and look for the option, in the left side of the config window, called "Target". Target = enemy cast bars, and you can customize every last bit of it, in this section of the Quartz config. There's also "Focus" for the focus enemy cast bar.

I cant think of a way to get around this but, if your willing to download a new addon and turn off debuff tracking by FX i would recommend downloading Raven which you cans et to only watch dubuffs or buffs you put on the target.

Quote Originally Posted by drglenn View Post
    Open the Quartz config window by using "/quartz" and look for the option, in the left side of the config window, called "Target". Target = enemy cast bars, and you can customize every last bit of it, in this section of the Quartz config. There's also "Focus" for the focus enemy cast bar.
    Derppppppp!! Sorry, I meant BOSS cast bar. For example, for Ultraxion, I'd like to have a nice cast bar to see his Hour of Twilight cast (without having to target or focus him)

And I do blacklist buffs/debuffs. Under my grid and cooldown bar, I have personal buffs shown such as Power Torrent and Empowering Shadows. Under my frame, I show what I cast on others, including my dots on enemies and healing buffs on allies (Renew, Shield). I've removed stuff like Divine Aegis and Mind Flay, but this can be a pain in the butt when multidotting or perhaps when I'm on my Druid (darn them rejuvs).

EDIT: And another question (about FX). How can I modify / add messages that are announced? I was looking for this earlier and couldn't seem to find it. I just want to announce when I'm casting Divine Hymn and Hymn of Hope (both of which I just have /say macros attached to them for now)
    Last edited by Ellumina; 2012-04-17 at 01:16 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by ellumina View Post
    edit: And another question (about fx). How can i modify / add messages that are announced? I was looking for this earlier and couldn't seem to find it. I just want to announce when i'm casting divine hymn and hymn of hope (both of which i just have /say macros attached to them for now)
    rsa .

My Elv UI setup, a little bit less clutterd and bulky, I like it.
    Addons used:
    Elv UI: main ui/ Actionbar work, Raven:buff, debuff watcher, ForteXorcist: Cooldowns, dots, and lock cookie/ SS, and soummen portal, Inline auras: Bar highlights, Power aura clasic.
    Idle

In Combat

Raid

Old UI (still have and soon will go back into use)
    http://i.imgur.com/DGfm2.jpg
    Last edited by Rebbel; 2012-04-20 at 10:43 PM. Reason: Added raid picture

Signature made by Shyama
    WARLOCKS WILL RULE THE WORLD!!(of Azeroth)

Below a small vid with my new interface:

... mostly finished...

Edith: for those who try to watch this from germany it will not work... thanks to gema (although i have the orginal cds at home)
    -> try this http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g1QtHOAyJi4
    -> awful random music from youtube...
    Last edited by boulder; 2012-04-23 at 12:56 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by boulder View Post
    Below a small vid with my new interface:

<snip>

... mostly finished...
    I like it. I know it's not super fancy, but within a minute of watching it I knew what everything was (even though I only speak English) and couldn't find anything missing.

Nice.
    Last edited by Treeston; 2012-04-18 at 06:50 PM.

I quit playing back in February after we killed Heroic Madness. Sadly, I was not recording when we killed it, but here is a 5% wipe video. A couple of things about the video...it sucks. It was recorded at 1920x1200, so if you are running at 1080p you will see black bars. There is no music and the framerate sucks. Also, I was personally playing like crap this attempt.

I hope I sold you all on the video! Enjoy

ElvUI + RealUI, living together in perfect harmony~

http://i44.tinypic.com/2vaoaco.jpg

Pretty much how I have it now, default UI, moveanything to adjust the size of the Action Bars, Blizzfacade to edit the button skins. In raids Obviously Bigwigs shows up and debuf filter, but that's about it =D

Quote Originally Posted by Lyssy View Post

ElvUI + RealUI, living together in perfect harmony~
    This looks pretty awesome. Any chance you are bored enough to tell me how to "connect" these two compilations? (Elv + Real). Something tells me it's not as simple as putting them together in the interface folder..

Jenny

It's really not so difficult! The crux of it is to install ElvUI clean, and then drop particular addons from RealUI (namely oUF, oUF_RealUI, nibRealUI, nibPointDisplay_RealUI, nibLibs, nibIceHUD, nibIceHUD_Options, MikScrollingBattleText and Raven) as well as their associated SavedVariables that RealUI includes in its download for those above-listed addons.

Then it's just a matter of going into /Addons/ElvUI/modules/unitframes and renaming the units folder to xunits so that RealUI's unitframes take precedence.
    Any Q's?~

there are still some little tweaks I could do it make it better like boss health bars but other than that I have a clean ui.

Been working on my UI vigoursly lately to perfect it. I feel that it's very close to being done but am keen to hear others opinions on it. Here's some sceenshots (sorry about the combat one, off a video that was rendered down to 720p)

I have control, alt and shift to page my main action bar to alternate ones on each modifier. The power auras on my arcane set are ugly I know, only have them for spine. They aren't present in my fire spec. Also that Activate off spec button does the following: Swaps to OS gear, swaps specs and activates said specs power auras and disables current specs power auras.

OOC:

Combat:
    Last edited by Jake5467; 2012-04-20 at 10:47 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Jake5467 View Post
    Been working on my UI vigoursly lately to perfect it. I feel that it's very close to being done but am keen to hear others opinions on it. Here's some sceenshots (sorry about the combat one, off a video that was rendered down to 720p)

OOC:

Combat:
    Why would you show spells like Scorch, Fireball, Arcane Blast. Arcane Explosion on the action bars in the middle of your screen instead of abilities with cooldowns (=combustion, arcane power, flame orb, mirrors etc.)

Buh, well. Old guild, but you get the drill.
    Last edited by Treeston; 2012-04-20 at 11:16 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by rayoshi View Post
    Why would you show spells like Scorch, Fireball, Arcane Blast. Arcane Explosion on the action bars in the middle of your screen instead of abilities with cooldowns (=combustion, arcane power, flame orb, mirrors etc.)
    They are keybound there, I have the keybindings hidden. The cooldowns mentioned are shown as power auras above my player frame.

Quote Originally Posted by Jake5467 View Post
    They are keybound there, I have the keybindings hidden. The cooldowns mentioned are shown as power auras above my player frame.
    So why show them exactly? You could just keybind them and hide the actionbar. No use in having an actionbar with loads of spells you don't even want to look at, especially not if you already show the CD's on another place. Waste of space.