Thread: Post Your UI

Epic!
    Been messing around with some little things. Only works for solo play as a DPS at the moment though.

Random stuff WoW UI Enthusiast WoW
    Youtube Some old UIs care#2582
    Stream (WoW most evenings now) Lastest UI (Roth's Diablo inspired) EU-Horde

Quote Originally Posted by Lyn View Post
    It isn't a Masque skin, it just replaces all icons with 1px ones.
    I know XD I meant i couldn't find a skin for Masque which would look good, so this will make them look nice anyway, does look good idd.

Quote Originally Posted by Thorim View Post
    LED UI's tend to look amazing when you're not in a group, alone with just the unit frame up but messy when you're in a raid, so I'll post a vid in a raid =D

Pitbull/Grid2/Azcastbar/Bartender4 basically. Am going to do the gradient background seen on the target frame (orange to red gradient) with the player/focus/targets target frames too, when I can be bothered messing with Kgpanels again =D Combat log also needs a kgpanel just like skada has behind it, the chat window has it but I think i need to make a second that anchors to the combat tab So still some small tweaks to go.

Minimap and tooltips are hidden/shown with two macros (minimap is sexymap in the top right, tooltips are tiptac)

Used to use LUI but when in a BG or 25man raid Grid would always annoy me being on the right side, and no space in the middle for a 25 man raid, well now under my unit frame a 25man size grid fits without needing to resize or do a different profile, obviously if you have a smaller grid then it would fit in there even easier, mines quite large cos i raid 10 man and like it. =D so all good.

I absolutely LOVE this ui. Have been wanting to do unit frames like that forever but I just dont know how to do it, and never got them to look that good. Do you have this uploaded somewhere, or would you consider uploading it? Im especially interested in the unit frame setup. The rest I could probably figure out myself.

Love the unit frames. Could it be possible for you to upload these somewhere?

Playing with this UI. Definitely still not done. Looking to find a new buff addon if anyone knows any good ones.

And as always, criticism is welcome.

LED UI's tend to look amazing when you're not in a group, alone with just the unit frame up but messy when you're in a raid
    Did I miss something or is it not about me? :/

Quote Originally Posted by Led ++ View Post
    Not everything is about you, yo! ... but this time, it is.

--

So, group shot with recent changes, added HaloPro 'cause I am an Halo noob.

https://dl.dropbox.com/u/2051073/WoW...912_135650.jpg
    I'm a mess of unfinished thoughts

=O you!

yes XD I didn't specifically mean you though, I meant LED (the 'idea') inspired UIs. They look great when you're stood alone with no frames up but then when you get into a raid "stuff" starts to appear on screen and they look less organised, so i didn't want to give a false impression of what my UI looked like =)

This is with the 'clean icons' pack (Weakauras look a lot cleaner indeed) and it also shows with Bigwigs up, the other boss doesn't have timer bars for some reason. Still not sold on the red/blue but I'll leave them for now. Also shows what the combat log window should look like when i've fixed its Kgpanel, still need to fix the boss frames too when I find a way.

Cheers.
    Last edited by Thorim; 2012-11-09 at 02:19 PM.

What stuff appears in a raid?

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/15576616/WoW...611_214805.jpg

It's just a 5 men party, a 10 man raid would have 5 frames more, a 25 raid 20 frames more. But there isn't any extra "stuff" besides that. Led inspired ideas fucking up the core of what minimalism is really isn't my problem.

Just call em Carebear inspired UI's and we're good.

Quote Originally Posted by carebear View Post
    Been messing around with some little things. Only works for solo play as a DPS at the moment though.

You play with all spells hidden?
    'Lord Sargeras, sweep your molten fist through this world, so that it may be reborn in flames and darkness!'
    'So the light's vaunted justice has finally arrived.'
    'Boldly said. But I remain...unconvinced.'

My Warrior

What stuff appears in a raid?

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/15576616/WoW...611_214805.jpg

It's just a 5 men party, a 10 man raid would have 5 frames more, a 25 raid 20 frames more. But there isn't any extra "stuff" besides that. Led inspired ideas fucking up the core of what minimalism is really isn't my problem.

Just call em Carebear inspired UI's and we're good.
    Bossmods timer bars, range windows for range mechanics, extra bars unless EVERYTHING is bound (all your CC, pots, situational spells that you mighto nly use on one or two fights, i wouldn't imagine you'd have all your action bars hidden as a healer or tank, maybe some do. Personal cooldowns shown, unless you're going to 'guess' when a cooldown is up.

Boss frames if there are multiple targets to check energy (Onyxia for example) If you are a RL or just need to know you'd probably have raid CDs shown when they're on or off cooldown.

The main thing would be timer bars for whichever bossmod you were using though, quite rare to find a raider not using DBM or Bigwigs, even in the higher end guilds.

If you took 'offence' to me using the term 'LED inspired' then, i dunno, dont XD

Quote Originally Posted by Thorim View Post
    Bossmods timer bars, range windows for range mechanics, extra bars unless EVERYTHING is bound (all your CC, pots, situational spells that you mighto nly use on one or two fights, i wouldn't imagine you'd have all your action bars hidden as a healer or tank, maybe some do. Personal cooldowns shown, unless you're going to 'guess' when a cooldown is up.

Boss frames if there are multiple targets to check energy (Onyxia for example) If you are a RL or just need to know you'd probably have raid CDs shown when they're on or off cooldown.

The main thing would be timer bars for whichever bossmod you were using though, quite rare to find a raider not using DBM or Bigwigs, even in the higher end guilds.

If you took 'offence' to me using the term 'LED inspired' then, i dunno, dont XD
    Thing is, there isn't more then what that screenshot says. Most of the things you say I don't really give a shit about. What you see is what you see in raid. Though of course more DBM bars and raid frames. How that makes my UI messy is beyond me, as every UI basically shows it, only in less informative way.

What other people do with my UI is not of my concern. And I don't take offence for a game I don't even play, but my UI's are holy (paladin, PUN INTENDED). I just find it a bad generalization as you say Led (me) inspired UI's. Yet the problems you mention aren't even in my (Led) UI.

And now it's time to get pissdrunk. Buhbaajz.

Quote Originally Posted by Kepi View Post
    thank you, ill most likely not be uploading this one .. uploading in general requires you to give support and such and keep it up to date and it all takes time which i currently do not have much of. to answer your arena question .. no i do not i actually dont even PVP in rbg's or arenas never liked that part of the game personally.
    Hey Kepi, mind if I ask you for your WeakAuras export? (Sorry if I missed it somewhere...)

I will burn your soul.

I just recently uploaded my UI. Link can be found in my sig.

Raiding

Idle

Quote Originally Posted by Aloodanis View Post
    Damn casuals and their vending machines. Back in my day, We had to go all the way from Orgrimmar to Desolace to pick up chips from the store. we had to do an extensive attunement quest to get into the store and we had to assemble 39 other people to fight the many other trash mobs, i mean trash food, to get to the chip isle. Oh and most of us couldn't even afford our epic car mount to drive there, we had to settle for our 60% bike mounts.

This is my first time making or posting my ui. I used a number of different ui's through out Cataclysm such as Tukui, ElvUI, LUI, etc. I decided to create my own in MoP taking inspiration from the various ui's that I have used in the past and ones that I have seen in "Post Your UI" forums. As such, there is a lot of influence from QuseUI and Skaarj UI that can be seen here. I'm also striving to imitate ouf_NIN which I adore immensely but isn't working completely for MoP right now.

I play a number of roles and classes, so I am trying to make a one-for-all type of ui. This is why my raid frames are positioned in such a prominent area, and probably bigger than some dps/tanks would like to have them. This ui is still very much WIP.

Idle:
    i48.tinypic.com/2pzi63c.jpg
    Combat:
    i46.tinypic.com/15mbx2q.jpg
    Boss combat ("Ushifted" is the Guardian druid who is my focus... and yes, I got locked out...):
    i49.tinypic.com/2z9gl0i.jpg

(Just made the account, so I can't post links .)

Addon List:
    - alDamageMeter (QuseUI's config)
    - Quse Boss Styles
    - Aurora + Missing Textures
    - bChat (QuseUI's config for link copy box)
    - BigWigs
    - cargBags_Nivaya (Skaarj's config)
    - dNameplates
    - dRecMap
    - FreebTip
    - nibWatchFrameAdv
    - oUF + oUF_Skaarj
    - rActionBarStyler + rActionButtonStyler + rBuffFrame Styler (QuseUI's config)
    - SharedMedia
    - stAddonManager
    - teksLoot (QuseUI's config)
    - tullaCC
    - tullaRange
    - xanErrorDevourer
    - xCT

Changes made since screenies/To do:
    - Fix height of BigWigs bars and move them down so Y-position is equal to raid frames
    - Reduce height of threat bar (make equal to exp/rep bar)
    - Still need to work with party, boss, arena and raid frames (text/buff/debuff positioning and such)
    - Actually, I'm not completely satisfied with the unit frames...
    Last edited by triggertomorrow; 2012-11-10 at 12:06 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by gunhound45 View Post
    Hmm, this looks familiar.

Quote Originally Posted by frantik View Post

Your UI is by far one of the best I've used, keep up the great work!
    Damn casuals and their vending machines. Back in my day, We had to go all the way from Orgrimmar to Desolace to pick up chips from the store. we had to do an extensive attunement quest to get into the store and we had to assemble 39 other people to fight the many other trash mobs, i mean trash food, to get to the chip isle. Oh and most of us couldn't even afford our epic car mount to drive there, we had to settle for our 60% bike mounts.

Quote Originally Posted by frantik View Post
    Could say the same thing about your UI in regards to 100 others that have the same elements and feel..

Quote Originally Posted by solvexx View Post
    Could say the same thing about your UI in regards to 100 others that have the same elements and feel..
    Except my UI IS Frantik's UI, just with a few modifications.