Thread: Post Your UI

  1. #7361
    Field Marshal Algot's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    White North
    Posts
    99
    That's really beautiful Ariadne. Reminds me a bit of Real UI, just prettier. D:

    The cast bar especially struck my eye, specifically the channeled effect. Which addon is that?

  2. #7362
    Quote Originally Posted by Algot View Post
    The cast bar especially struck my eye, specifically the channeled effect. Which addon is that?
    http://www.wowinterface.com/download...andTimers.html
    Most likely but you can get the effect you like with this as well
    http://www.curse.com/addons/wow/castbars

  3. #7363
    Field Marshal Algot's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    White North
    Posts
    99
    Quote Originally Posted by Louna View Post
    http://www.wowinterface.com/download...andTimers.html
    Most likely but you can get the effect you like with this as well
    http://www.curse.com/addons/wow/castbars
    Cheers. I've been using Quartz for years and years. Heard a lot of good about Gnosis though, might give it a try.

  4. #7364
    Trying to go with a very clean yet nice looking UI.

  5. #7365
    Quote Originally Posted by Pixil View Post
    I have not uploaded my UI before and I'm not sure when I will get round to doing it, if I ever do :P
    At the moment it's just a UI for me personally, catering to my play-style which I imagine other people would not particularly like.
    Not to mention that a lot of AddOns that I use are out of date and can be be annoying to deal with, unless you're used to doing so, like me.
    .
    Just was curious , If i give any specific UI a try, i always end up tweaking it a bit to fit my style of play - good work overall

  6. #7366
    High Overlord
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    New Zealand
    Posts
    154
    Small update.

    Idle


    Solo combat


    Considering a unified color scheme, with class colored power bars instead of health bars.
    Last edited by OriginalVocalMix; 2012-11-20 at 07:16 AM.

  7. #7367
    Epic!
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    United Kingdom
    Posts
    1,556
    Attempting to put together a couple of old UIs.

    This one and This one.

    Believe it or not this is a completely different oUF Layout from the one I had 3 days ago.





    todo:

    Sort out buff/debuff/tracker/cooldown icon sizing and locations.
    Fix the castbar timers that I broke.
    Make the castbar class colored.
    Figure out how to get a different class/reaction color on the health bars, similar to how they are in the second screenshot above.
    Random stuff WoW UI Enthusiast WoW
    Youtube Some old UIs care#2582
    Stream (WoW most evenings now) Lastest UI (Roth's Diablo inspired) EU-Horde

  8. #7368
    High Overlord
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    New Zealand
    Posts
    154
    Quote Originally Posted by carebear View Post
    Attempting to put together a couple of old UIs.
    What nameplates are those, if you don't mind me asking. I fiddled around with ColdPlates for awhile, couldn't get them to work without the oUF enabled.

  9. #7369
    Quote Originally Posted by carebear View Post
    Attempting to put together a couple of old UIs.

    This one and This one.

    Believe it or not this is a completely different oUF Layout from the one I had 3 days ago.





    todo:

    Sort out buff/debuff/tracker/cooldown icon sizing and locations.
    Fix the castbar timers that I broke.
    Make the castbar class colored.
    Figure out how to get a different class/reaction color on the health bars, similar to how they are in the second screenshot above.
    Yeah ok, you really have to release this one when it's finished.

  10. #7370
    Quote Originally Posted by OriginalVocalMix View Post
    What nameplates are those, if you don't mind me asking. I fiddled around with ColdPlates for awhile, couldn't get them to work without the oUF enabled.
    How about these?
    http://www.wowinterface.com/download...ates.html#info

  11. #7371
    Quote Originally Posted by Ariadne View Post

    Hey Ariadne, I really love the look with the orbs, very pretty! Any chance I could get them without using the whole UI package?

  12. #7372
    Epic!
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    United Kingdom
    Posts
    1,556
    Quote Originally Posted by OriginalVocalMix View Post
    What nameplates are those, if you don't mind me asking. I fiddled around with ColdPlates for awhile, couldn't get them to work without the oUF enabled.
    It's Headline. I've been using it for about 2+ years. It hasn't been updated for most of that time so I've edited it and attempted to keep it up-to-date myself by butchering the code. There's a few niggles but it does what I want it to do.

    Quote Originally Posted by zecxx View Post
    Yeah ok, you really have to release this one when it's finished.
    The key part of that sentence is "when it's finished." as even I don't know when it'll be finished. ^^
    Random stuff WoW UI Enthusiast WoW
    Youtube Some old UIs care#2582
    Stream (WoW most evenings now) Lastest UI (Roth's Diablo inspired) EU-Horde

  13. #7373
    Here is an updated Headline. Just download Headline from Wowinterface or Curse, then replace the Headline.lua with whatever you find on the other side of that link.

    Won't look exactly like carebear's, but close enough.

  14. #7374
    Quote Originally Posted by carebear View Post
    It's Headline. I've been using it for about 2+ years. It hasn't been updated for most of that time so I've edited it and attempted to keep it up-to-date myself by butchering the code. There's a few niggles but it does what I want it to do.



    The key part of that sentence is "when it's finished." as even I don't know when it'll be finished. ^^
    Or the state as it is in now, I can start from there!

  15. #7375
    High Overlord
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    New Zealand
    Posts
    154
    Quote Originally Posted by TellyTop View Post
    Here is an updated Headline. Just download Headline from Wowinterface or Curse, then replace the Headline.lua with whatever you find on the other side of that link.

    Won't look exactly like carebear's, but close enough.
    Thank you

  16. #7376
    Quote Originally Posted by Ariadne View Post
    My current UI in progress that I copied from Kaitain...

    ...buffs/debuffs...
    Regarding buffs/debuffs I would suggest using sth like PowerAura/WeakAura and display animated textures instead of actual buff icons. Color/form would give you the indication of the aura. Not sure about cooldown display though.
    | Simple is beautiful.
    | Roth UI | Roth UI FAQ | GoogleCode | Zork | TDMOG

    "I wonder what the non-pathetic people are doing tonight?" - Rajesh Koothrappali (The Big Bang Theory)

  17. #7377
    Stood in the Fire MORGATH99's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    somewhere only she knows
    Posts
    386
    MY UI
    Last edited by Treeston; 2012-11-20 at 04:55 PM.

  18. #7378
    Blademaster Hiro88's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    A Coruña, Spain
    Posts
    26
    Idle:


    In combat:


    Any suggestion is welcome (yep, I know I should change the damage font to match the others)
    Last edited by Treeston; 2012-11-20 at 04:56 PM.

  19. #7379
    Hello Ariadne,

    Very impressive UI. I am myself a big fan of Kaitain Shadow UI too. However unlike you I am not sure I have the patience to dig into the possibilities of Weak Auras to reproduce what she did and what you did too. Out of curiosity was it difficult to do? Anyway keep up the good work. Last quick question what kind of font are you using for the unitframes?

    Thanks,
    Eleane.

  20. #7380
    Quote Originally Posted by TellyTop View Post
    Here is an updated Headline. Just download Headline from Wowinterface or Curse, then replace the Headline.lua with whatever you find on the other side of that link.

    Won't look exactly like carebear's, but close enough.
    Is there a way to change the bordercolor of the nameplate when you target someone?
    Last edited by zecxx; 2012-11-20 at 06:21 PM.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •