Thread: Post Your UI

Quote Originally Posted by Adsertif View Post
    Any suggestions to make this cleaned up a bit more? I feel like it's too cluttered because I can't keep a good eye on boss timers full time.
    http://i.imgur.com/Ixemk.jpg

My focal point is generally the center of my screen below my character, e.g. my AB/WA etc.
    I see a few different fonts floating around in that, change em all to the same font.
    Make the damage meter the same height and width as the minimap
    Do you need to see the health deficit on your raid frames?
    Whats the M in the corner of half the raid frames for?
    Do you really need omen?
    Move boss timers so they are not being overlapped by target frame buffs or FCT
    Do you need to have FCT showing that much?

Just my view of course.

Quote Originally Posted by Adsertif View Post
    Any suggestions to make this cleaned up a bit more? I feel like it's too cluttered because I can't keep a good eye on boss timers full time.
    http://i.imgur.com/Ixemk.jpg

My focal point is generally the center of my screen below my character, e.g. my AB/WA etc.

All personal opinions!

Get Align so that you can make sure everythign is centered or on the same levels.

I would remove the HP defecit numbers on your raid frames. As a warrior you really don't need to see that player X is missing 56.8k hp and it would make that part cleaner.

By the look sof it you keybind as such I would highly recoment removing the gap in your abilities to tigten that up and even hide as much of them as possible ot free up more realestate!

It looks like you are using Raven and I can only assume that the Large greyed out cd's dragon roar, CS, HL etc are there to let you know when you can use them. If you are using raven may I sugest the following instead. Set up a custom bar and set your DPS priority and have only 2-3 icons show up. Have them set in order of when you should use them and have the CD hidden so when they are not available they wont be visible. This will remove allot of clutter as you can focus on what is available and shoul dbe cast > looking all over at whats on cd what comming up etc. You may also want to filter the target debuffs to only the ones you need to keep up, not really sure if you use any of that information (I know personally I don't care that my target has rogue poisons on it or lock dots etc).

I would hide / remove all the incomming healing.. as a war I don't care about the healing #'s I get or what spell it is I just care I'm alive if I die ill look at wol after raid and see wtf happened but I know for sure I wont be able to pay attention to the fight and keep track of all the incommign heals I'm getting! Also I would move your dmg text as it it clipping into your boss timer bar and your target debuffs.

You have grand empress bar and HP and 75% shown 3 times on your screen. I'm going ot guess it is target, boss frame and focus? If it is not and it is 2 boss frames then get rid of one as having the same info in tripple is not needed.

I would aslo ditch Omen looking at your target nameplates you can see that "glitch" has agro and you are far form taking it. This is a much better location than off to the side (where Omen is) to see where you are on threat. however being melee I get you cant alwasy see the name plate so perhaps making omn smaller and placing it under your unit frame would be better? I just can't see it being usefull off to the side away from your focal point.

like I said just personal opinions take it with a grain of salt

I homogenized the add on text, MM/damage size, and reduced the CT's opacity.

I can't disable the health deficit on the RF, I dug through the .lua of ouf_Mono but I can't seem to find the option. I updated it to the latest version so the red M's should disappear.

I have CD timers on the AB, and I glance at them to monitor all the cool downs -- I noticed that and removed the right side of the little Weak Aura hud I created.
    Last edited by Adsertif; 2013-01-08 at 05:02 PM.
    Rabsies
    <The Horsemen> US25 - Shadowmoon US - 14/14 25H
    "Just play the game"

Quote Originally Posted by Kroni View Post
    Nice, thanks very much you two!

bOOURNS! I followed your post on the ElvUI Forums for the rectangle minimap, do oyu have a summarization of what needs to be changed? I would love to have it too, little lua knowledge is there, but why try to do it over again if you have it finished!

Thanks
    I'll write up more detailed steps and send it to you via PM (not 100% if i would be allowed to just openly talk about ElvUI edits on other forums) and if anyone else wants the steps feel free to PM me as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Drayarr View Post
    Ty Kroni, just got that from Elv forums too, just need to find one I like that is readable in-game

Ugh, this is a pain, I cannot get one that looks nice and is readable

Would UI Scale have a big impact on the fonts, using UI Scale and the slider is at its minimum

Moved UI scale up 1 step, chat is fine, but my frames fonts are all skewed
    UI scale can change it but generally you'll want to keep it at it's lowest (0.64 scale) changing font sizes in game are what you need to adjust, and is something you will have to adjust to fix on your screen. (font size 8 for Joe Blow on x size screen won't necessarily work for the next guy)

Quote Originally Posted by bOOURNS View Post
    I'll write up more detailed steps and send it to you via PM (not 100% if i would be allowed to just openly talk about ElvUI edits on other forums) and if anyone else wants the steps feel free to PM me as well.

UI scale can change it but generally you'll want to keep it at it's lowest (0.64 scale) changing font sizes in game are what you need to adjust, and is something you will have to adjust to fix on your screen. (font size 8 for Joe Blow on x size screen won't necessarily work for the next guy)
    I had it at 0.64, like you said the font was a bit wonky, tried resizing, made it look HORRIBAD.
    Moved slider up 1 space and it seems a bit better, id have to redo the whole layout to make a new font fit, tried a load of other pixel fonts and they all looks kinda lame

Quote Originally Posted by Kroni View Post
    Nice, thanks very much you two!

bOOURNS! I followed your post on the ElvUI Forums for the rectangle minimap, do oyu have a summarization of what needs to be changed? I would love to have it too, little lua knowledge is there, but why try to do it over again if you have it finished!

Thanks
    I had it at 0.64, like you said the font was a bit wonky, tried resizing, made it look HORRIBAD.
    Moved slider up 1 space and it seems a bit better, id have to redo the whole layout to make a new font fit, tried a load of other pixel fonts and they all looks kinda lame
    Try a font called Mecha, it's what i use and is identical to the one you use except the letters are slightly thinner. It made all the difference as far as sizing for all fonts for me. note you may need to use Mecha at a different size than what you currently use.

Ok, Coldkil.. I need your help

Your UI works perfect except for any of my Monk toons .. once i logged in, they dont have a player Unit Frame and the Target Unit Frame is just the standard Blizz UI Frame.. i downloaded your UI twice, deleted Cache and WTF.. but that doesnt help.. Your UI works perfect on any toon except for my Monk - any Ideas/Fixes?

Try a font called Mecha, it's what i use and is identical to the one you use except the letters are slightly thinner. It made all the difference as far as sizing for all fonts for me. note you may need to use Mecha at a different size than what you currently use.
    What Reso are you using?
    What size do you use for Mecha?
    Just so i have a base to work from

What Reso are you using?
    What size do you use for Mecha?
    Just so i have a base to work from
    My res is a weird one. game is at 2560x1440 but because i play it in windowed (and sized down a bit) it's a really obscure res. Somewhere in the 23xx x 12xx area. For my weird screen res i use Mecha at size 14 for it to display right with monochrome outline.

The reason my screen is at a funky size/res is because at certain res/window sizes some borders just won't show up on say the left, right, top or bottom (either one would be missing) So i had to fiddle around with the window size to get everything to show up.

My screen is a 27" so could be why there's so many quirks.

Also setting Multisample to 1x helps a lot.

Quote Originally Posted by Koenig View Post

Your UI works perfect except for any of my Monk toons .. once i logged in, they dont have a player Unit Frame and the Target Unit Frame is just the standard Blizz UI Frame.. i downloaded your UI twice, deleted Cache and WTF.. but that doesnt help.. Your UI works perfect on any toon except for my Monk - any Ideas/Fixes?
    Going to check it right now... sounds pretty strange anyway.

My res is a weird one. game is at 2560x1440 but because i play it in windowed (and sized down a bit) it's a really obscure res. Somewhere in the 23xx x 12xx area. For my weird screen res i use Mecha at size 14 for it to display right with monochrome outline.

The reason my screen is at a funky size/res is because at certain res/window sizes some borders just won't show up on say the left, right, top or bottom (either one would be missing) So i had to fiddle around with the window size to get everything to show up.

My screen is a 27" so could be why there's so many quirks.

Also setting Multisample to 1x helps a lot.
    Ugh, im playing on 1440x900 need to have UI scale on minimum, but it makes Mecha impossible to read at a size that doesnt make it look like a kid drew on my screen
    Also, im blind so yeah even with my glasses on i still cant read it

I've allways played on 1x Multisample because I have no idea what it does. :P

Quote Originally Posted by Koenig View Post

Requoting - if you want a quick fix you need to mess with the code, just replace line 208 in layout.lua with
    Code:
    		if --[[myClass == "MONK" or]] myClass == "PRIEST" or myClass == "PALADIN" then
    Basically the oUF plugin for chi seems not working. I need a deeper check for that. It's strange since it's handled all with the same plugin for holy power, shadow orbs and lock shards, but that three are working flawlessly.

EDIT: nope.jpg the classicon plugin isn't working. Absolutely need to check this.

EDIT2: found the error and fixed. Uploaded right now the fixed working version.
    Last edited by Coldkil; 2013-01-08 at 09:59 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Coldkil View Post
    Requoting - if you want a quick fix you need to mess with the code, just replace line 208 in layout.lua with
    Code:
    		if --[[myClass == "MONK" or]] myClass == "PRIEST" or myClass == "PALADIN" then
    Basically the oUF plugin for chi seems not working. I need a deeper check for that. It's strange since it's handled all with the same plugin for holy power, shadow orbs and lock shards, but that three are working flawlessly.

EDIT: nope.jpg the classicon plugin isn't working. Absolutely need to check this.
    I think code for chi was changed from 5.0.5 to 5.1. I could be wrong though.

I think code for chi was changed from 5.0.5 to 5.1. I could be wrong though.
    Cross-reference the code between another oUF layout that was updated for 5.1 and has working chi bar?

Chi code wasn't the problem, i updated the oUF core so i had to make that plugin working with new core. Already working now

Quote Originally Posted by Coldkil View Post
    Chi code wasn't the problem, i updated the oUF core so i had to make that plugin working with new core. Already working now
    Thats good

@bOOURNS, I'm contemplating a new layout, because right now this one is wrecking my head, don't have a clue what to do

Thats good

@bOOURNS, I'm contemplating a new layout, because right now this one is wrecking my head, don't have a clue what to do
    Doooo eeeet!
    Mucking around with UI ideas is all I seem to do anymore lol. I was 2/16 heroic by the time regular Heart of Fear was released but haven't even raided since, I just play with my UI. Maybe I'm weird but I find it fun to try out new ideas and test out some ideas that are not the norm.

Currently trying to come up with something new and never done before for my player+target castbars.

Doooo eeeet!
    Mucking around with UI ideas is all I seem to do anymore lol. I was 2/16 heroic by the time regular Heart of Fear was released but haven't even raided since, I just play with my UI. Maybe I'm weird but I find it fun to try out new ideas and test out some ideas that are not the norm.

Currently trying to come up with something new and never done before for my player+target castbars.
    Should be revising got an exam tomorrow but I just can't concentrate. May build something weird and wonderful just to mix it up a bit, I'm still actively raiding 3/16heroic, should get spiritkings/elegon this week if they don't go MGV tomorrow because I'm working. Anyways enough offtopic, will play around with some stuff see what i can come up with.

http://i.imgur.com/zrVCB.jpg

Some of us like it simple!

The questionmarks on my bar is actually abilities, they're just different because of modifier macroes.
    Too used to holding down alt when I Screenshot.

http://i46.tinypic.com/2qvs0ns.jpg

Copied Awakes layout as a fanboy in TBC and stuck with it.