Thread: Post Your UI

  1. #9761
    For the last time. Disagreement over whether another person's UI is cluttered, lacking information, badly colored or whatever is not a reason to insult others.
    UI & AddOns expert | Interface & Macros moderator - My work

  2. #9762
    The "are you on glue" was meant as a joke, because i had written in the description of the changes I made that text was removed and then the comment of there being too much just struck me as funny. Not everything gets translated in writing as they are intended I guess.

    My intentions aren't to be closed off from feedback but to mearly give reasons backing up choices made. I have numerous times even added or found a middle ground from feedback everyone seems to think I'm just being so negative on.

    Anyways,

    @Icycoldd

    To touch on what Pharrax said about your icons. If you want to keep with less addons you can add an icon pack CleanIcons Thin and they will skin the default buff/debuff and I believe actionbar icons without adding an addon.
    Last edited by bOOURNS; 2013-01-21 at 07:24 PM.

  3. #9763
    Quote Originally Posted by bOOURNS View Post
    Update on a couple changes I've made recently.

    After seeing Jeremypwnz screenshots I really liked the "shadows" on some of his frames, so I've taken that idea and added them into my UI.

    Other change has been that I cleaned up the tags in my unit frames.
    -Health percent and Power percents are on each side instead of side by side.
    -Health current / max was changed to just current and moved to the middle.

    and

    -split up my buff groups (top right) into short(less than 2min) and long (more than 2min) as it used to be all one large group for all. (this change was due to how i had to add the shadows on my buff/debuff frames)

    What border are you using for almost everything (the grey one)? And is it Kgpanels around the chat/minimap etc?
    If so, did you simply make 2 borders for each? The grey one and the shadow?
    Also, what statusbar are you using for the unitframes and skada?

  4. #9764
    Quote Originally Posted by Rusk View Post
    What border are you using for almost everything (the grey one)? And is it Kgpanels around the chat/minimap etc?
    If so, did you simply make 2 borders for each? The grey one and the shadow?
    Also, what statusbar are you using for the unitframes and skada?
    Map grey border is standard ElvUI border when PixelMode is turned off in the general options. The chat and Skada borders were added with kgpanels. Yeah the kgpanel borders are multiple panels. Black edges, grey inner and shadows (in the case of the map it's just one panel for the shadow)

  5. #9765
    Thanks for all the helpful replies everyone. Anyone have a suggestion for mimicing the elvui raid frames? The closest I got to mimicing them was playing A LOT with Vuhdo but even then; vuhdo doesn't support smooth health bars on their raid frames.

  6. #9766
    Quote Originally Posted by Pharrax View Post
    By adding slight transparency to the black frame holding the Player/Target Name/Level/Race underneath your Unit Frames, you could lift the UI in appearance.

    Also, having a light grey border around your Chatbox, Minimap and Recount makes the UI look inconsistent.

    Consider reducing the space between the left and right Action Bars to the centre.

    And add a proper frame to (what I assume is) your Target of Target frame.

  7. #9767
    Quote Originally Posted by bOOURNS View Post
    Map grey border is standard ElvUI border when PixelMode is turned off in the general options. The chat and Skada borders were added with kgpanels. Yeah the kgpanel borders are multiple panels. Black edges, grey inner and shadows (in the case of the map it's just one panel for the shadow)
    Ah so you're using elvui?
    Last edited by Rusk; 2013-01-21 at 08:40 PM.

  8. #9768
    Hehe the previous page got rather heated!

    Here we go again...

    General shizzle.


    Power Auras (Should probably switch to Weak Auras. But effort.)


    As always; open to suggestions regarding what I can improve!
    Last edited by Pixil; 2013-01-22 at 01:03 AM. Reason: Format

  9. #9769
    Quote Originally Posted by Pixil View Post
    Power Auras (Should probably switch to Weak Auras. But effort.)
    abload.de/thumb/2013-01-22_0036ajux0.png

    As always; open to suggestions regarding what I can improve!

    Do the power auras do all you want them too? If so, why 'fix' what is not broken?


    OT: I'm getting very jealous of everyone with such high resolutions. To the point I think someone should send me their monitor.

  10. #9770
    Quote Originally Posted by Xanafriel View Post
    Do the power auras do all you want them too? If so, why 'fix' what is not broken?


    OT: I'm getting very jealous of everyone with such high resolutions. To the point I think someone should send me their monitor.
    Well yeah if it does everything you want it to, there is no reason to switch. Unless you're bored and you just wanna experiment. I mean there's a good chance you'll discover something about weakauras that you really like.. lol.

    Also, if you want a new monitor (if you're in the US) I'd suggest subscribing to the newegg weekly newsletter and check out their sales. They often have monitors on sale that are pretty good. That's where I got my last one. Just make sure you go to camelegg or some other pricehistory checker to see if it's actually a sale...

  11. #9771
    Field Marshal Mersynd's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    97
    My UI

  12. #9772
    Quote Originally Posted by Quse View Post
    /resume lurk
    No. No more lurk for you, UPDATE YOUR UI! :P

    Serious note however, where have you been?

  13. #9773
    Quote Originally Posted by Xanafriel View Post
    Do the power auras do all you want them too? If so, why 'fix' what is not broken?
    Quote Originally Posted by psychoholic123 View Post
    Well yeah if it does everything you want it to, there is no reason to switch. Unless you're bored and you just wanna experiment. I mean there's a good chance you'll discover something about weakauras that you really like.. lol.
    Xanafriel, you make an excellent point! I also feel the same way. However psychoholic123 has answered fairly well. There are a few things I'd like from Power Auras that I do not have, and I imagine that Weak Auras would. I may just experiment with Weak Auras for now, as psychoholic123 says, and see how it goes. :P

  14. #9774
    Mechagnome MayronEU's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Mulgore apparently..
    Posts
    665
    Quote Originally Posted by Cowt View Post
    By adding slight transparency to the black frame holding the Player/Target Name/Level/Race underneath your Unit Frames, you could lift the UI in appearance.

    Also, having a light grey border around your Chatbox, Minimap and Recount makes the UI look inconsistent.

    Consider reducing the space between the left and right Action Bars to the centre.

    And add a proper frame to (what I assume is) your Target of Target frame.
    Thank you for the feedback. I will alter the light grey border and reduce the spacing between bars but I cannot increase the transparency for the black bar underneath the health and mana bars because that would reduce the background as a whole since it shares that black colour with the background near the mana and health which I think looks bad. And I don't know how I would give the target of target frame its own frames without it looking very odd and inconsistent which the player and target frame. I like that how it is But thanks again for the feedback!

  15. #9775
    Quote Originally Posted by Xanafriel View Post
    Do the power auras do all you want them too? If so, why 'fix' what is not broken?


    OT: I'm getting very jealous of everyone with such high resolutions. To the point I think someone should send me their monitor.
    Yeah, I share your jealousy, playing at 1440x900 atm, all the UI's on here are MASSIVExMASSIVE

  16. #9776
    Tweaked around a little.Would love some feedback if folks would be so kind.


  17. #9777
    Pit Lord Odina's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Montreal, Quebec, Canada
    Posts
    2,259
    I have done allot of changes to the UI in the past 3 weeks and I think I finaly have it how I want. I'm now just looking to improove on the visuals as the functionality is how I want it so just looking for any feed back (good or bad) on what looks good or should be changed!

    No decent screen shots atm but I do have it in action here : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4Zgin-yjCLQ

  18. #9778
    Field Marshal
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Germany
    Posts
    55
    hi guys and gals

    i was wondering if anyone knew of a buff/debuff addon that i can skin to match the rest of my ui...right now i have ElvUI turned on for this but i can't really change anything
    thanks

    heres my ui

    http://www.uploadffs.nl/ODa

  19. #9779
    psychoholic123: You're definitely right, I guess I'm just slow to change things unless there is a feature I know the other has for sure. I am Canadian, and am intending on buying new just need the $ first.

    Pixil: I'm sure you'll come out with something nice, good luck!

    Quote Originally Posted by Drayarr View Post
    Yeah, I share your jealousy, playing at 1440x900 atm, all the UI's on here are MASSIVExMASSIVE
    Also 1440x900. You've done some great work with that resolution! I'll try to post mine in a bit, rebuilding it after coming back to the game. You've definitely given me some ideas (as have many here).

  20. #9780
    [QUOTE=Malcanthet;19941162]Tweaked around a little.Would love some feedback if folks would be so kind.

    If you use pixel font make sure to have it in the entire UI (you can eventually skip chat). This means Skada/Recount and Weak Auras should have pixel fonts.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •