Thread: Post Your UI

Quote Originally Posted by Wazooty View Post
    The bars on the target dummies. Which addon is that?

Quote Originally Posted by Madmoos View Post
    Amazing critics over here.
    I made a couple of changes on my UI.

Sorry could anyone tell me how do resize your image when you post it as a link.

I realized that i do not even need bars so made some changes on my UI. Default + Bind Pad + MoveAnything + Weak Auras + MSBT

I really don't think there is any reason why your dps meter should be that width. If it's for consistency with your chat frame, don't bother. Having your combat log thing so far to the right isn't useful either, as I bet you won't be looking at it in a fight because of it's position.

---------- Post added 2013-03-24 at 12:40 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Khisanth View Post
    Still working on it:

s14.directupload.net/file/d/3204/bombxyu2_jpg.htm
    Now this, this is something interesting. Imo a bit to cluttered at the actionbars, but pretty damn interesting.

Quote Originally Posted by Gressil View Post
    First things that come to mind:

1. You are a hunter, and your role is DPS in the raid, you don't to decurse (afaik ), or have to combat rez someone either, so my first suggestion is: Really make your grid/raid frames smaller. They take up a lot of that screen space over there.
    2. If you want to have a semi transparent background on your chatframe, I would also suggest adding a black border to it. That way it will go more in line with the rest of your UI and look nicer.
    3. Hide that minimap button unless really needed.
    4. That thing in the middle, is that your focus bar? If so, I'd suggest keeping the '63' and hiding the 63%, because, do you really need to know the percent of a resource that caps at 100 already?
    5. Consider merging healing and damage taken, and moving them to where damage taken is now and try to align them to the left part of your unit frame. Also, align the damage done part more to the right of your unitframe. That way, things that happen to you are above YOUR unitframe, and things that you do to the enemy are above their unitframe.
    6. Is that thing under your unitframe your focus? Do you need it showing twice? Maybe add a condition, or something, for it to appear only when out of combat under your unitframe, and when you enter combat it disappears, and vice versa on the centered focus frame.
    7. Consider making your buff frames smaller. You don't really need that much space for them. Leave the debuff us is, it's nice and you need to have a strong indication when you have a debuff on you.
    8. I would remove the centered MSBT norification text (Rallying Cry, Agile, etc.) as it clutters more than helps.
    9. Consider using an addon like SimplePowerBar for the petrification progress bar, and other progress bars on raids like it. It really is nice and very customizable.
    10. Consider using nibWatchFrameAdv. It's a quest tracker modification addon. That way you can have your pixel fonts there too. On that same note, try to change the hour text on the minimap to pixel too. And your cooldown text.
    11. Is that the dps addon above the minimap? You could try and move it to the top left, and see how you like it. Even distribution may look nicer.

That was all, it's all up to you. Of course any advice offered is subjective. Enjoy.

Thanks for the critique, some of the things you mentioned is stuff I prefer, such as the number indication on how much focus I have left (It is pretty much the only part of hunter dps, so keeping a good track of it is kinda important, too me :P), I will work a bit with a few of the other suggestions, thanks

[E] How do I change the font using nibWatchFrameAdv?
    Last edited by Joyful; 2013-03-24 at 12:29 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Joyflu View Post
    How do I change the font using nibWatchFrameAdv?
    At line 116 and 118 in Core.lua you should see:

Code:
    line.text:SetFont(GameFontNormalSmall:GetFont(), Opts.font.size, Flag)

line.dash:SetFont(GameFontNormalSmall:GetFont(), Opts.font.size, Flag)

From here insert path to your font, size and flag, example:

Code:
    line.text:SetFont("Interface\\Addons\\SharedMedia\\MyMedia files\\font.ttf", 12, "OUTLINEMONOCHROME")
    - Nobody.. I mean nobody puts ketchup on a hotdog

Quote Originally Posted by Tuffguss View Post
    This is an exceptional UI, chance of list?
    Bartender4
    Chatter
    DocsDebugRunes
    ExtraCD
    Gnosis
    Grid2
    KGPanels
    Kui_Nameplates
    LeatrixPlus
    Masque_CleanIcons(/w Clean Icons: Thin package)
    Raven
    Recount
    Stuf
    TipTac
    tullaCC
    Wanderlust
    WeakAuras

There is some extra addons I use for QoL stuff, but if you want the aesthetic that's the addons that I use.

Quote Originally Posted by be3f View Post
    At line 116 and 118 in Core.lua you should see:

Code:
    line.text:SetFont(GameFontNormalSmall:GetFont(), Opts.font.size, Flag)

line.dash:SetFont(GameFontNormalSmall:GetFont(), Opts.font.size, Flag)

From here insert path to your font, size and flag, example:

Code:
    line.text:SetFont("Interface\\Addons\\SharedMedia\\MyMedia files\\font.ttf", 12, "OUTLINEMONOCHROME")
    Should I replace both lines? or just the first? Or just the second?

Long time lurker here, thought it was time to share my (pvp oriented) UI.

Got a lot of inspiration from this tread, also from ElvUI, but decided to make my own.

Solo in combat:

15 man raid example:

The party frames on the left are just enabled for this screenshot, they will only be shown in a 5 man party/raid.

edit: forgot to show my favorite addon arkinventory.

Most people I see just install arkinventory and dont change it at all, but there is so much possible
    Last edited by Treeston; 2013-03-24 at 05:27 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Joyflu View Post
    Should I replace both lines? or just the first? Or just the second?
    I assume you want to use a pixelfont (looking at this -> https://dl.dropbox.com/u/101168197/W...313_220719.jpg) so replace both.
    - Nobody.. I mean nobody puts ketchup on a hotdog

Quote Originally Posted by Koenig View Post
    remove aspect Bar
    remove rep. Bar
    remove xCT
    hide minimap addon buttons
    change font
    scale down buffs/hide unimportant stuff e.g aspect,dark intent....
    scale down raid frames ( do you really need to see resources? )
    hide error text
    scale down ICD Timer
    remove the bar in the middle
    hide/move objectives
    change chat window to something fitting
    How does one hide error text? I didn't know I could get rid of it.
    WoW is a game of information; the more you know, the better you are.

Quote Originally Posted by Spikebebop View Post
    How does one hide error text? I didn't know I could get rid of it.
    ncError is a versatile addon for it.

Here's mine, I need to do a few things with bindings as I feel like I can take more advantage of OPie. I believe I need to adjust some placement and texture choices to make everything more uniform as well. Questions and comments are welcome.

Config -

Idle - http://i.imgur.com/ZeIGmXi.jpg

Combat - http://i.imgur.com/eG5LnIy.jpg
    Last edited by Sagain; 2013-03-25 at 07:33 PM. Reason: minus.com doesn't support thumbnails, apparently; pick a image host that does (http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/774731)

Quote Originally Posted by Nibelheim View Post
    ncError is a versatile addon for it.
    It's only a couple lines of code.
    You're better off just stealing it and putting in to one of your addons you always have on.

Still working on it:

s14.directupload.net/file/d/3204/bombxyu2_jpg.htm
    This i like, makes me want to rebuild my own!
    Are you using ElvUI as a base? If not, what addons do you use?
    And how did you get you're abilities to become black and grey when on CD?

Quote Originally Posted by Rusk View Post
    This i like, makes me want to rebuild my own!
    Are you using ElvUI as a base? If not, what addons do you use?
    And how did you get you're abilities to become black and grey when on CD?
    The main Addons are Stuf (Unitframes), Bartender, KGPanels (Borders and Backrounds), Skada, Chinchilla (Minimap), Raven (Buffs/Debuffs), Gnosis (Castbars), Weakauras.
    The bars, timers and faded icons on the abilities on CD are made with Weakauras.

The main Addons are Stuf (Unitframes), Bartender, KGPanels (Borders and Backrounds), Skada, Chinchilla (Minimap), Raven (Buffs/Debuffs), Gnosis (Castbars), Weakauras.
    The bars, timers and faded icons on the abilities on CD are made with Weakauras.
    How did you manage to do that with your abilities with WA? Im only after the black ang grey look when they're on CD
    Are each spell a weakaura? If so, why do you have bartender? Or did i misunderstand you?
    And are you using STUF raid aswell?
    Sorry for the 1k questions, hope im not to much of a pain;P
    Last edited by Rusk; 2013-03-25 at 12:31 PM.

The icon and the bar on the abilities are each one Weakaura-Unit. Fading the icons out is pretty simple, there is an option called "desaturate" under "display" for that.

And no, i don't use Stuf raid, i forgot to mention that, but the raidframes are from vuhdo.

Alternative (Player Frame on the bottom instead with Mana Pool Text only - Health Decay show's a white/yellow color to make it more visually)

I need to figure out a way to indicate target health frame as it decays. Best example I can give is RealUI, in which he has a triangle maker/icon moving as the health drop/decay
    Last edited by Emery; 2013-03-26 at 05:01 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Emery View Post
    --Snip--
    This is great i really like it, you uploading it?
    Always choose a lazy person to do the difficult job!
    Why?
    He will find an easy way to do it.

I'm schizophrenic and alone... at least I got each other

Alternative

I need to figure out a way to indicate target health frame as it decays. Best example I can give is RealUI, in which he has a triangle maker/icon moving as the health drop/decay
    I like it, but out of curiosity, how much memory does all those weakauras eat in a raid?

Alternative

What are the two concentric circles on the lower left corner for? I really like this UI, I may try to recreate this :P