Thread: Post Your UI

Deleted
    @Carebear: Imo the pixelfonts are better. These textures for some reason also look less crispy, so overall the UI gives me quite a non crisp feeling. Me no likey. Not a fan of the portraits in the UF's. I don't know, it doesn't stick out like your other UI's.

Here is what I've been playing around with over the last couple days. Not everything is finished and like a lot of people it really never is.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by OriginalVocalMix View Post
    Changed the colors.

snip

snip

I've yet to consolidate the Mirrors' frost bolts into the AoE spam filter, not sure how to go about it.

Also, Monochrome on CoolLine's font, can it be done?
    What minimap? What unitframes?? What did you use to skin the buffs?!! (Actually, icons overarall)
    Sorry for the questions but it looks amazing, and I want to, quite blatantly, copy the style.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by frantik View Post
    DocsDebugRunes, probably the best rune addon for a DK IMO since the revision to the way runes work in Cataclysm. Won't go into it in this thread since it's not related to the topic but I think it's criminal that more DKs don't use it ^_^
    no thx give me acherus every day

Quote Originally Posted by carebear View Post
    I think I've got most of the things done. I still need to sort out my sFilter for classes and fix the border so it's currently disabled whilst I level up more characters.

Critique me till I cry!
    Quote Originally Posted by Led ++ View Post
    @Carebear: Imo the pixelfonts are better. These textures for some reason also look less crispy, so overall the UI gives me quite a non crisp feeling. Me no likey. Not a fan of the portraits in the UF's. I don't know, it doesn't stick out like your other UI's.
    I agree almost entirely with Led ++. Not a fan of the font and not a fan on the borders. Adding to the list of things I'm not a fan of is the blue bar beneath your player frame. Is that exp/reputation? It looks really odd just floating around underneath your combo points :\ I'm a strong believer of having the exp/reputation bar on the edge of the screen, or somewhere out of the way, such as under the minimap or under chat.
    The thing that I like which Led ++ doesn't, is the portraits in the unitframes. I don't have them on my UI at the moment (I used to) but I think it adds 'something' to an otherwise boring texture.

Overall though, I think you're taking a step in the wrong direction, but that's just my opinion. Not the end of the world! (I mean, it's only 14/12/12, still got 7 days left huehuehue. I kid, I kid. :') )

15+ Year Old Account
    Started to clean mine up >.< After looking at the posts on here and all teh UI's started to realize mine got really cluttered with so much useless junk!

Willing to take positive negative etc etc critisism... it's all good as it leads to a better ui

Sigh just realized I didnt get an in combat / raid pic Will need to wait till tonight for that but comments on the OOC look thus far much apreciated!

ugg trying to get thumbnail to work
    Last edited by mmocba105e19de; 2012-12-14 at 04:27 PM.

my current ui as resto shaman, raid frames are just above the cd timer.

tell me what you guys think.

Quote Originally Posted by Pixil View Post
    I agree almost entirely with Led ++. Not a fan of the font and not a fan on the borders. Adding to the list of things I'm not a fan of is the blue bar beneath your player frame. Is that exp/reputation? It looks really odd just floating around underneath your combo points :\ I'm a strong believer of having the exp/reputation bar on the edge of the screen, or somewhere out of the way, such as under the minimap or under chat.
    The thing that I like which Led ++ doesn't, is the portraits in the unitframes. I don't have them on my UI at the moment (I used to) but I think it adds 'something' to an otherwise boring texture.

Overall though, I think you're taking a step in the wrong direction, but that's just my opinion. Not the end of the world! (I mean, it's only 14/12/12, still got 7 days left huehuehue. I kid, I kid. :') )
    Funny, I think I am the only one thinking he is - finally - goin' in the right direction. Except for the portraits.
    oh, honey.

Deleted
    http://media-wowstead.cursecdn.com/a...3086019059.jpg

My warlocks UI

Feel free to give criticism!

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Velthari View Post
    my current ui as resto shaman, raid frames are just above the cd timer.

tell me what you guys think.

I like it allot. It looks very clean but for myself there are 3 things standing out

1) You are trackign the same buffs in 3 different locations. I would sugest picking the one you prefer the most and removing the 2 others to reduce triple information.

2) hid the minimap buttons that are super imposing on your buffs to the right of you minimap and have them set to a "show on mouse over" and it will clean that area up allot

3) Your damage frame seems to dip down into the "black bar" at the bottom of your UI. As well the "non locked arrows" stick out from the rest of the UI. I would sugest adjusting the size or placement then locking it as well as changing the color of the status bar on it to match your unit frames rather than pure black.

Other than Me gusta

Epic!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Cheers for all the comments guys! I won't be able to please everybody as everybody has different tastes and opinions!

I'm going to keep messing around with both sets of fonts and I think I will be switching between both for a while.

Lyn, I use PhanxChat but I also have this piece of code in there:

Code:
    ChatFrame1:SetSpacing(3)

Deleted
    Cheers for all the comments guys! I won't be able to please everybody as everybody has different tastes and opinions!

I'm going to keep messing around with both sets of fonts and I think I will be switching between both for a while.

Code:
    While you're at it linking code, can you please give me your unitframe setup, the one with the pixel or non-pixel font, doesnt matter

Code:
    Funny, when I use THIS, it fucks up my chat. The upper lines are spaced, the lower are not.
    oh, honey.

Quote Originally Posted by Lyn View Post
    Funny, I think I am the only one thinking he is - finally - goin' in the right direction. Except for the portraits.
    Im on your side , if that's of any comfort :P

Portraits covering important parts such as healthbars are just plain bad, in my personal opinion ofc, depends if you make your ui for performance or looks. i used to make it for looks.. today i make mine a lot more for performance.. and with performance i don't mean how much cpu or stuff like that my addons use, things that actually improve my gameplay.

@Carebear

The borders right now looks like they're just the wrong size.. can't tell if you are using a fuzzy border on purpose or a just 1-2 px one that looks off.. a crisp 2px border would look great, and maybe size up the frames a little bit could make the font fit better.

All in all, i like the change! <3

Quote Originally Posted by twin2 View Post
    Im on your side , if that's of any comfort :P
    <3

(finished with off topic now, keep the screens coming)
    oh, honey.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Lyn View Post
    Bitch please, what do you know. :P

I liked your older UI's more too ^^

Quote Originally Posted by Led ++ View Post
    Bitch please, what do you know. :P
    Enough, I guess. :P

My older, yes, maybe. I like my new one, it's nice to play with. Sometimes I "miss" some of my old ones, true, but tbh, cba to make a new one atm. Just too lazy.
    oh, honey.

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sagryth View Post
    What minimap? What unitframes?? What did you use to skin the buffs?!! (Actually, icons overarall)
    Sorry for the questions but it looks amazing, and I want to, quite blatantly, copy the style.
    Minimap: QuseMap

Unitframes are STUF with this guide used for 1 pixel borders.

CleanIcons Thin skins SBF and everything else too.

Hope this helps.

Epic!
    10+ Year Old Account
    The borders right now looks like they're just the wrong size.. can't tell if you are using a fuzzy border on purpose or a just 1-2 px one that looks off..
    they're supposed to be a shadow border that looks fuzzy, just like the UI that I used during firelands!

My new monitor is 2560x1440 and for some reason the pixel perfect border doesn't work on it right now and I'm too lazy to spend ages fixing it so I just went back to this. We'll see what happens over the next few days. (Or tomorrow, I have a day off so I won't be moving very far from my chair!)

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Try add the bold part.
    Cheers, works perfectly. Had to make a trial account just to test as I'm out of game time.