This is my guilds youtube video. I'm the one making all the kill videos so they're my PoV. Actually shows how my UI has changed over the X-pac in a sort of cool way.
I'm actually wanting to make a few improvements, so any criticism you guys have would be cool. My UI is dynamic, so posting a photo doesn't really capture it that well IMO.
This beautiful signature was done by Sugarpixie
- Consolidated buffs saves space, I can't really see any reason not to use it.
- Your debuffs are blocking your raid cooldowns.
- Text on your boss frames is an absolute mess, and the portrait is kinda just extra clutter considering it has absolutely no value in its current iteration (if I were to use portraits it would either be as health bar texture/background or a common round/square portrait at the side giving a visual identifier of the mob).
- Showing current, max and percentage health on unit frames is redundant. Only thing you'll ever need is current and percentage. Same with power except I'd drop the percentage instead and in most cases just current power is enough.
- That's a lot of debuffs showing on your target, do you really need to know about every debuff cast by your raid?
- Your damage meter has two class identifiers, colour and icons. I'd stick to just colours.
- I've personally never found any use whatsoever of showing or knowing the percentage of damage dealt on damage meters, total damage and dps together is in all cases more than enough.
- I'm personally more a fan of flat status bar textures, but each to their own. Thin, vertical power bars on your raid frames looks particularly off with that texture though.
- The sound of your Shooting Stars proc is an absolute atrocity as sound track in your video, I'd turn down game volume in your videos until the end if I were you. The sound is probably useful for performing your rotation, but as a viewer I don't care the slightest bit about that loud and really annoying sound that happens way too often.
- Your bags is an absolute mess!
My new Minimalist UI:
Out of Combat/no current target
Out of combat/self healing
In combat/self healing/targeting
*Please read the Instructions before installing!*
Last edited by Eroginous; 2013-11-01 at 12:10 AM.
Originally Posted by Jevlin
-You could be getting something like Raven or Buff Bars because there's literally no need to have all those buffs there.
-Some people use annoying sounds that work for them, and that's okay! But if you're making vids you should turn your game volume a bit down.
-The clutter from the outgoing damage is overlapping your boss timers, you shouldn't react to abilities until they're imminent, but be preemptive about it.
-How can you even see whos in range and whos not with the clutter from your outgoing damage? You might as well just have it hidden, because it's of no use to you with all that stuff on top of it.
-I am not a fan of that skin at all, but you seem to like it because you use it for all your stuff. That's cool
Pretty basic, and with a few tweaks you'd have a pretty simple and workable UI
- - - Updated - - -
Scrapped my remake of Zagrei's old UI in favor of... another remake.
I was talking to Phishr around a week ago and had such a blast of nostalgia hit me that I couldn't resist.
CaithUI v10.5 remake!
First thing you'll notice if you were around in 2.4.3 is that the bar texture is different from the one Caith used in that patch. I use HalM. Caith used Armory, and switched to HalM in a later version of his UI, but it just looks so much cleaner.
Another thing is the unitframe font. I can't seem to figure out why, as it's the exact same font (same file, even) but it's a lot bolder than Caith's was. Not a huge difference, but I do notice it.
I need to configure WeakAuras to show Burning Embers still, but otherwise it's mostly done. I'm happy with it, but CC is always welcome.
I need small help.
Any suggestion about Unit frames addon? MY current (ouf_phanx) is nice but not configurable at all and my lua skills just sucks ^^. Im looking for unit frames that will fit UI style. Especially im looking for border like I already have.
What do you use to skin your actionbars? I'm using Masque, but it's really not applying my texture well at all. It will only show a solid gray instead of the traditional caith look. It works fine on my buffs though... :/
EDIT: It should be noted that the test bars show Buffs, I don't do that. I use WeakAuras to track procs instead. I show debuffs, totems, spells like Rain of Fire.