Thread: Post Your UI

Last edited by Eroginous; 2013-11-01 at 12:10 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jevlin
    Why? Because fuck you, that's why.

Every time you have a question that begins with "Why?" that is about what other people prefer to do with their own goddamn time, come back here, and reread the first row of this post. That will ALWAYS be the answer to your question. Have a nice day.

Quote Originally Posted by Bonsaii View Post
    http://www.youtube.com/channel/UCNxhXHwC6Xe9I-RkirfMFXg

This is my guilds youtube video. I'm the one making all the kill videos so they're my PoV. Actually shows how my UI has changed over the X-pac in a sort of cool way.

I'm actually wanting to make a few improvements, so any criticism you guys have would be cool. My UI is dynamic, so posting a photo doesn't really capture it that well IMO.
    -Putting the incoming boss abilities in the middle of your screen is severely cluttering your viewing space. It's like a huge nono for anyone that wants to raid semi-competitively. You need to be able to see your character completely.
    -You could be getting something like Raven or Buff Bars because there's literally no need to have all those buffs there.
    -Some people use annoying sounds that work for them, and that's okay! But if you're making vids you should turn your game volume a bit down.
    -The clutter from the outgoing damage is overlapping your boss timers, you shouldn't react to abilities until they're imminent, but be preemptive about it.
    -How can you even see whos in range and whos not with the clutter from your outgoing damage? You might as well just have it hidden, because it's of no use to you with all that stuff on top of it.
    -I am not a fan of that skin at all, but you seem to like it because you use it for all your stuff. That's cool

Pretty basic, and with a few tweaks you'd have a pretty simple and workable UI

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Shyzhi View Post
    UI aint done yet but was healing LFR and wanted to kinda show how it is going :P

http://i.imgur.com/VT7rv4S.jpg
    So cool! I love love it.

Scrapped my remake of Zagrei's old UI in favor of... another remake.

I was talking to Phishr around a week ago and had such a blast of nostalgia hit me that I couldn't resist.

CaithUI v10.5 remake!
    Idle:
    http://fuskbugg.se/file/Dg5xF4/WoWSc...113_184120.jpg

Everything showing:
    http://fuskbugg.se/file/RvJEGy/WoWSc...113_184301.jpg

First thing you'll notice if you were around in 2.4.3 is that the bar texture is different from the one Caith used in that patch. I use HalM. Caith used Armory, and switched to HalM in a later version of his UI, but it just looks so much cleaner.

Another thing is the unitframe font. I can't seem to figure out why, as it's the exact same font (same file, even) but it's a lot bolder than Caith's was. Not a huge difference, but I do notice it.

I need to configure WeakAuras to show Burning Embers still, but otherwise it's mostly done. I'm happy with it, but CC is always welcome.

Quote Originally Posted by shredster View Post

I was talking to Phishr around a week ago and had such a blast of nostalgia hit me that I couldn't resist.

CaithUI v10.5 remake!
    Idle:
    http://fuskbugg.se/file/Dg5xF4/WoWSc...113_184120.jpg

Everything showing:
    http://fuskbugg.se/file/RvJEGy/WoWSc...113_184301.jpg

First thing you'll notice if you were around in 2.4.3 is that the bar texture is different from the one Caith used in that patch. I use HalM. Caith used Armory, and switched to HalM in a later version of his UI, but it just looks so much cleaner.

Another thing is the unitframe font. I can't seem to figure out why, as it's the exact same font (same file, even) but it's a lot bolder than Caith's was. Not a huge difference, but I do notice it.

I need to configure WeakAuras to show Burning Embers still, but otherwise it's mostly done. I'm happy with it, but CC is always welcome.
    Hah, nice! My UI is still a variation of an older CaithUI, too.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/5p5vedp60y...9_02-13-47.jpg

I need small help.

scr.hu/1w3o/v1bhr

Any suggestion about Unit frames addon? MY current (ouf_phanx) is nice but not configurable at all and my lua skills just sucks ^^. Im looking for unit frames that will fit UI style. Especially im looking for border like I already have.

Quote Originally Posted by Stanzilla View Post

This is so cool, what a coincidence that you're the first one to respond. When deciding what UI to do next it was between CaithUI and your old StardustUI (I think that was its name!)

What do you use to skin your actionbars? I'm using Masque, but it's really not applying my texture well at all. It will only show a solid gray instead of the traditional caith look. It works fine on my buffs though... :/

What do you use to skin your actionbars? I'm using Masque, but it's really not applying my texture well at all. It will only show a solid gray instead of the traditional caith look. It works fine on my buffs though... :/
    Masque + Masque_Caith atm, works fine for me!

Masque + Masque_Caith atm, works fine for me!
    That's exactly what I'm using! Grr...

What are those nameplates? Is that KuiNameplates?
    Tito Per Sempre Etern | Go America, Go Broncos

Quote Originally Posted by Norganon View Post
    What are those nameplates? Is that KuiNameplates?
    Yes, they are.

Epic!
    snip but CC is always welcome.
    Do you actually get that many timers going during a fight above the player frame? Seems like there's loads D:
    Random stuff WoW UI Enthusiast WoW
    Youtube Some old UIs care#2582
    Stream (WoW most evenings now) Lastest UI (Roth's Diablo inspired) EU-Horde

Quote Originally Posted by carebear View Post
    Do you actually get that many timers going during a fight above the player frame? Seems like there's loads D:
    Not even close to that, it's just the test function of ForteXorcist shitting out bars for fun. I usually max out at 2-3 bars on Single Target, and around 4-6 if Affliction. Multitarget is obviously quite a few more.

EDIT: It should be noted that the test bars show Buffs, I don't do that. I use WeakAuras to track procs instead. I show debuffs, totems, spells like Rain of Fire.
    Last edited by Kyuo; 2013-11-02 at 06:35 PM.

CaithUI v10.5 remake!
    Idle:

Everything showing:

Hey can nice set up u got there can u share it with me? And help me set up please

Add me on skype: Mastergkill

Ty already if u help me! :P

Quote Originally Posted by Mastergkill View Post
    Hey can nice set up u got there can u share it with me? And help me set up please

Add me on skype: Mastergkill

Ty already if u help me! :P
    There's a download link in my signature, it's the bright thing that hurts your eyes when you look at it.

http://www.wowinterface.com/download...94-QoolUi.html

would be nice to hear some feedback. It is my first UI-Upload

There's a download link in my signature, it's the bright thing that hurts your eyes when you look at it.
    What do you use for your character frames? Love the look!

Quote Originally Posted by monikasun88 View Post
    What do you use for your character frames? Love the look!
    Looked at the list, and that would appear to be stUF @ wowinterface.
    Version on Curse is outdated.

Quote Originally Posted by nsj View Post
    http://www.wowinterface.com/download...94-QoolUi.html

would be nice to hear some feedback. It is my first UI-Upload
    Almost everything you have going is great. You obviously took time on your layout and look and feel of the UI itself. While Titan Panel, Prat and skada could maybe use some more skinning and maybe some kgPanels thrown in there, the only thing I would really change up might be the vertical castbars. But that, like most things about design, is preference.
    Thanks to Duskmoon for the awesome Sig/Avatar/Banner!

Quote Originally Posted by Raizenyokai View Post
    Almost everything you have going is great. You obviously took time on your layout and look and feel of the UI itself. While Titan Panel, Prat and skada could maybe use some more skinning and maybe some kgPanels thrown in there, the only thing I would really change up might be the vertical castbars. But that, like most things about design, is preference.
    I agree with this really, and while the design utilising the castbars is pretty unique and executed well I think there is an issue regarding them really being the only element utilising that.
    They stand out, and not in a good way in being contradictory to the rest of the UI.

I would like to see that design implemented on a much larger if not UI-wide scale as far as is realistic.
    I think unitframes in particularly benefit when the bars are parallel to each other, which for me prove much easier to read and gauge.

I understand the intent, as castbars are imo awkward to deal with as they are either present or not, and therefore can look out of place when the appearance of the frame is designed around looking best when they are either present or not.

I have seen some frames therefore replace another existing bar with the castbar, such as a bar-shaped ("shifty-eyes") portrait, or even the power (mana, rage etc) bar only when it is visible, and therefore maintaining the form factor better.
    Last edited by ComputerNerd; 2013-11-05 at 02:54 AM.

This is my Rogue UI.

In Combat:
    Last edited by Treeston; 2013-11-05 at 08:23 PM.