Thread: Post Your UI

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Birgwow View Post
    Snip
    New work in progress.

Also, is there any way to make circle textures look sharp?
    What did you use for your unitframes?

Quote Originally Posted by Crall View Post
    What did you use for your unitframes?
    Stuf with a custom statusbar in the shape of a triangle

Deleted
    Birgwow - where is the target castbar ?
    Last edited by mmoc12bc99bf16; 2014-02-08 at 09:49 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Suhai View Post
    Birgwow - where is the target castbar ?

Updated. You can see it at 0:45. I feel bad for posting my shit so often...

Don't. It's gorgeous.
    Shahaad , Kevkul
    <Magdalena's pet>

15+ Year Old Account
    Birgwow, that is one of the best designed interfaces I have ever seen. I almost cried after watching it for the tenth time.

It's hard to tell from the video, so I am unsure, but it seems that the outline on unit frames on enemies and your minimap are more bold than the one you're using for your raid, target and player frame. Or perhaps it's because I see a shadow behind the lines? In both cases, you should keep it consistent. Otherwise, no critique. Please, upload a longer video and pictures too.

Quote Originally Posted by Kevkul View Post
    Don't. It's gorgeous.
    Oh well.. until someone starts complaining then!
    Quote Originally Posted by iLive View Post
    While I think you are being way too generous, I accept your compliment Here's a dungeon run just for you!

And yeah thanks, I didn't have any borders on the player/target/party frames. Made it look prettier in dark environments but almost invisible in bright ones..

Anyone have tips for a fun way to show spell procs? Not quite satisfied with the snowflakes and comet.

Really nice work Birgwow. I love pretty much all of it. :P
    I particularly like the castbars - sweet idea.
    May I suggest using a monochrome outline on the pixel fonts?

Keep up the good work

After spending time looking at UI's on here i decided to try and create my own UI - Figured i'd come on here and get some extra eye's to look at it and give out any pointers ideas more experienced UI makers may have - appreciate it in advanced -

Last edited by mmocba105e19de; 2014-02-09 at 03:12 PM.

It's been years since I've changed anything on it

http://postimg.org/image/5932usw8t/full/
    Last edited by mmocba105e19de; 2014-02-09 at 03:12 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Landrell View Post
    Very nice Birg! I do have to ask you though, what Damage Meter are you using in the bottom right hand corner there?
    It's just Skada

Stuf with a custom statusbar in the shape of a triangle
    Might be a noob question, but I don't use Stuf; how do you use a custom statusbar? I'm interested in making circular unitframes, and weakauras just doesn't give a nice enough look for me to keep :P

Quote Originally Posted by Pixil View Post
    Might be a noob question, but I don't use Stuf; how do you use a custom statusbar? I'm interested in making circular unitframes, and weakauras just doesn't give a nice enough look for me to keep :P
    As far as I understand it is just a texture with a triangle and transparent background.
    The status bar is still rectangular shaped.
    Quote Originally Posted by DeadmanWalking View Post
    Your forgot to include the part where we blame casuals for everything because blizzard is catering to casuals when casuals got jack squat for new content the entire expansion, like new dungeons and scenarios.
    Quote Originally Posted by Reinaerd View Post
    T'is good to see there are still people valiantly putting the "Ass" in assumption.

Quote Originally Posted by Pixil View Post
    For some reason creating new files inside the statusbar folder doesn't work for me so I replace an already existing file with the contents I want in it. You can do this (open and edit .tga files) with photoshop or gimp (free).

Delete the textures inside, change the size to your liking, create a new layer and paint/paste whatever you want. Then overwrite the current file and use that name when you choose your statusbar ingame. This should work with any unitframe addon that let's you customize your statusbars.

For some reason creating new files inside the statusbar folder doesn't work for me so I replace an already existing file with the contents I want in it. You can do this (open and edit .tga files) with photoshop or gimp (free).

Delete the textures inside, change the size to your liking, create a new layer and paint/paste whatever you want. Then overwrite the current file and use that name when you choose your statusbar ingame. This should work with any unitframe addon that let's you customize your statusbars.
    or.. You could add them correctly using SharedMedia (look into the readme for a simple .bat file)

My very simple UI, still using a lot of design ideas like target castbar and centered unit frames from Kripp's UIs when he played. ElvUI as a base, bigwigs, weak auras, gnosis, skada and affdots are the only addons I'm using in a raid. Memory usage is so high in the image because weak aura options and elvui options add on a combined almost 50 megs when they aren't disabled.

I don't like showing bars but I also feel like showing bar one is pretty mandatory with fights like Amber Shaper existing which is why I have the extra spell cooldowns weak auras dynamic group on the left side showing CDs I can't show on my one action bar. So far it's working out ok. I'm using three profiles depending on the class I'm on. I have a healer setup with smaller unit frames and a bit larger raid frames. I also have a tank setup showing two action bars instead of one. I've put some images of all three below. Raid frames aren't actually all purple they just show as warlock being the only class for testing purposes.

Dps UI:

Tank UI:

Healer UI:

I know a lot of you guys don't seem to like Elvui but it's just easier for me. Custom texts are much simpler than SUF and every part of a unit frame isn't a separate entity like in Pitbull. Certainly lowers the customization but makes it easy to do something simple like this. Debuffs and buffs are incredibly simple to set up if you want to also with some predetermined filters. Also not sure why things look blurry, they are certainly not blurry in game.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by refire View Post
    Also not sure why things look blurry, they are certainly not blurry in game.
    That'll be the jpg compression. .png files i've noticed will be an awful lot more crisp when taking screenshots.

My very simple UI, still using a lot of design ideas like target castbar and centered unit frames from Kripp's UIs when he played. ElvUI as a base, bigwigs, weak auras, gnosis, skada and affdots are the only addons I'm using in a raid. Memory usage is so high in the image because weak aura options and elvui options add on a combined almost 50 megs when they aren't disabled.

I don't like showing bars but I also feel like showing bar one is pretty mandatory with fights like Amber Shaper existing which is why I have the extra spell cooldowns weak auras dynamic group on the left side showing CDs I can't show on my one action bar. So far it's working out ok. I'm using three profiles depending on the class I'm on. I have a healer setup with smaller unit frames and a bit larger raid frames. I also have a tank setup showing two action bars instead of one. I've put some images of all three below. Raid frames aren't actually all purple they just show as warlock being the only class for testing purposes.

Dps UI:

Tank UI:

Healer UI:

I know a lot of you guys don't seem to like Elvui but it's just easier for me. Custom texts are much simpler than SUF and every part of a unit frame isn't a separate entity like in Pitbull. Certainly lowers the customization but makes it easy to do something simple like this. Debuffs and buffs are incredibly simple to set up if you want to also with some predetermined filters. Also not sure why things look blurry, they are certainly not blurry in game.

I love it! Please share. Just the sort of UI I've been looking for.

Quote Originally Posted by Pwnasaurus Rex View Post
    That'll be the jpg compression. .png files i've noticed will be an awful lot more crisp when taking screenshots.
    Imgur also compresses the images to shit. They also randomly resize large images by one pixel in every direction making them additionally blurry. Go abload.de or min.us

-Many pictures, much text-

what resolution is this on? looks really off to me for some reason
    Quote Originally Posted by Ulfric Trumpcloak View Post
    People on this site hate everything. Keep that in mind.