Thread: Post Your UI

Quote Originally Posted by Xintic View Post
    Why'd you have to ruin something so nice with a font like that
    The Japanese fonts? If so, was just testing unicode language fonts. My normal combat text is just Expressway (same as everything else).
    Thanks to Duskmoon for the awesome Sig/Avatar/Banner!

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sunnydee View Post
    In other words:

Sunny, you're fucked.

More news at 11!

Edit: now when i think about it..
    Im using <snip>
    And i usually put 512x512 in the box there so i dont have to change in gimp. if i raise it up to 1024x1024 will it look better?

Edit2: nop didnt help either. there goes this idea then.. back to new ui
    Dont give up..
    I had a similar idea, but it is quite difficult to create unitframes from scratch..
    I will share the work/links soon.. when my post count is enough to post links...

Im using Photoshop and I'm getting better at it.. Just never felt comfortable to share work in progress and always unsure if it was worth the effort.
    The idea is to use the crests and extend them in to unitframes, have them be part of eachother. And than use MagicalDandruff's eyecandy idea of spellauras around the crest..

I've been following this thread.. yes..lurking.
    There are some great ideas here, I see lots of new and unconventionals turn up and couldnt control myself anymore and will join the fun..
    I'll screenshot my mess tonight in raid night..

Quote Originally Posted by Odylle View Post
    Dont give up..
    I had a similar idea, but it is quite difficult to create unitframes from scratch..
    The problem is that it's parts from a game that released early 2012, whilst im sitting on a 4k res

But anyways good timing you wrote this on, found a LITTLE bit better pic to cut it from.. Gonna tune the edges alittle bit more though.
    Edit: i actually starting to think imgur makes the sharpness difference worse, it's NOT this bad ingame
    Last edited by Sunnydee; 2015-03-03 at 09:02 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ulfric Trumpcloak View Post
    People on this site hate everything. Keep that in mind.

7+ Year Old Account
    The problem is that it's parts from a game that released early 2012, whilst im sitting on a 4k res

But anyways good timing you wrote this on, found a LITTLE bit better pic to cut it from.. Gonna tune the edges alittle bit more though.
    Edit: i actually starting to think imgur makes the sharpness difference worse, it's NOT this bad ingame
    <snip>
    That looks better, try and see if you can sharpen the whole image.
    Also, if you make 2 layers of frames in game (Guessing with WA) , the HP bar can go in the middle layer, so you can create some overlay and perhaps shadow the edge of the healthbar. This sharpens it and creates some depth again. Now it looks like it lays flat on top.
    Im expecting healthy feedback now when I have enough credit to post links.

That looks better, try and see if you can sharpen the whole image.
    Also, if you make 2 layers of frames in game (Guessing with WA) , the HP bar can go in the middle layer, so you can create some overlay and perhaps shadow the edge of the healthbar. This sharpens it and creates some depth again. Now it looks like it lays flat on top.
    Im expecting healthy feedback now when I have enough credit to post links.
    noooot 100% sure i understand what you mean.

As of right know kgpanels are set to medium, healthbars are SuF which are set to low, and weakaura green glow is background.

7+ Year Old Account
    noooot 100% sure i understand what you mean.

As of right know kgpanels are set to medium, healthbars are SuF which are set to low, and weakaura green glow is background.
    ok, makes sense and works :P
    I like things the hard way, and my explanations work really well in my head, not so much on written text...

Shadow on the inside of the frame, so it overlays the healthbar?

[checking privileges]
    Nope.. still no images....

You need to make 10 posts before you can post a link. Otherwise you can always just cut it like. www(dot)imgur .com

I thought you meant something like that but wasnt sure.

You mean like this? top = border, bottom = old pic
    (shit pic just made it like this to see if i got your point right)
    Last edited by Sunnydee; 2015-03-03 at 09:30 AM.

ok, makes sense and works :P
    I like things the hard way, and my explanations work really well in my head, not so much on written text...

Shadow on the inside of the frame, so it overlays the healthbar?

[checking privileges]
    Nope.. still no images....
    Even if you can't post with links put them in and someone will more than likely quote them fixed up. No issues!

7+ Year Old Account
    You need to make 10 posts before you can post a link. Otherwise you can always just cut it like. www(dot)imgur .com

I thought you meant something like that but wasnt sure.

You mean like this? top = border, bottom = old pic
    <snip>
    ah.. thats clever... :|

than yours.. with inner shadows
    Last edited by Odylle; 2015-03-04 at 11:30 AM.

there you go!

Quote Originally Posted by Emery View Post
    Anyone know if this is made from Weakauras? or from StuF or any other unitframes addon?
    The large number is a WeakAura. The bars and small text are from Stuf. The borders around the bars are done in kgPanels.

been basicly playing with this setup in like forever. slightly modified version of freeUi, weakauras, bigwigs, grid2 and a heavily modified version of ouf_mlight for the unitframes.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XGQCOz5Yof4

Quote Originally Posted by Zenjaa View Post
    been basicly playing with this setup in like forever. slightly modified version of freeUi, weakauras, bigwigs, grid2 and a heavily modified version of ouf_mlight for the unitframes.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XGQCOz5Yof4
    I really like your setup!

It reminds me of my own (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xiHgv4hyrGc), which makes sense since we both based it on freeUI. I might take a few of your ideas :>
    Last edited by Shahad; 2015-03-07 at 12:26 AM.
    Shahaad , Kevkul
    <Magdalena's pet>

Quote Originally Posted by Shahad View Post
    I really like your setup!

It reminds me of my own (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WrwlFZRdF2k), which makes sense since we both based it on freeUI. I might take a few of your ideas :>
    uh i like the class colored grid background. might give that a try! ty for sharing
    Last edited by Zenjaa; 2015-03-03 at 06:52 PM.

7+ Year Old Account
    Right, my setup than..
    Mostly Elvui, as it just makes life easy for lots of things, but am slowly replacing things.
    UF is Pitbull for example, Vuhdo for raid..
    The Spells around the crest give me reminders thru Weakauras and I have a Weakaura that shows me absorb left on Clarity of Will.

i.imgur [dot] com/6XkPchF.jpg

Concepts
    For my creative mind I have some concepts running. They stay concepts lots of times, but I like playing with them.. I absolutely love how the top one worked out, and I think it could fit in a UI. Though I dont always think everything needs a big overhaul right away than. But thinking if I can add ToT frame and Pet and perhaps Minimap and Buttonbar in similar styles.. Just some playing
    Last edited by Odylle; 2015-03-04 at 11:30 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Zenjaa View Post
    uh i like the class colored grid background. might give that a try! ty for sharing
    Hey, does anyone know if that raid frame setup (class colored text, dark texture until there is damage, and the missing health turns to class color) would be possible in vuhdo? I would love being set up like that, but I enjoy vuhdo so that would be awesome.

Last edited by Arborus; 2015-03-04 at 12:39 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Arborus View Post
    The large number is a WeakAura. The bars and small text are from Stuf. The borders around the bars are done in kgPanels.
    That's what I figure but it seems you have to individual do 0-9 Texture fonts for the Weakaura cause increasing the number on Weakaura seems to get pixelated at 32px+

Or maybe I can't wrap my head around it. Would like to see the import for it.

Right, my setup than..
    Mostly Elvui, as it just makes life easy for lots of things, but am slowly replacing things.
    UF is Pitbull for example, Vuhdo for raid..
    The Spells around the crest give me reminders thru Weakauras and I have a Weakaura that shows me absorb left on Clarity of Will.

http://i.imgur.com/6XkPchF.jpg

Concepts
    For my creative mind I have some concepts running. They stay concepts lots of times, but I like playing with them.. I absolutely love how the top one worked out, and I think it could fit in a UI. Though I dont always think everything needs a big overhaul right away than. But thinking if I can add ToT frame and Pet and perhaps Minimap and Buttonbar in similar styles.. Just some playing
    http://i.imgur.com/6meTSn9.png

Fixored your linxors

Quote Originally Posted by Emery View Post
    That's what I figure but it seems you have to individual do 0-9 Texture fonts for the Weakaura cause increasing the number on Weakaura seems to get pixelated at 32px+

Or maybe I can't wrap my head around it. Would like to see the import for it.
    I just use a pixel font that scales well with monochrome outline.

http://pastebin.com/50hMLgE2