Thread: Post Your UI

Field Marshal
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaelani3 View Post
    Can I just ask what font you're using?

Thanks in advance.
    Expressway

7+ Year Old Account
    Please try to link your images correctly: http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...des-collection

Sabien, what mod are you using to tell you what external and raid cd's are left? I've tried Blood Legion Cooldown's and I didn't care for it but I like the look of the one that you are using.

omg it's Pouncekite ♥ Hey there! I like your setup, but do you find the cast bars are hard to read as-is? I watch target casts more than I watch boss timers, so I would have trouble with those since the text and its outline obscures most of the actual cast bar. I suppose that it might not be an issue for you, but if it were, maybe move the text underneath the cast bar?

Field Marshal
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Everlu View Post
    omg it's Pouncekite ♥ Hey there! I like your setup, but do you find the cast bars are hard to read as-is? I watch target casts more than I watch boss timers, so I would have trouble with those since the text and its outline obscures most of the actual cast bar. I suppose that it might not be an issue for you, but if it were, maybe move the text underneath the cast bar?
    That's actually part of the reason I'm using friggin' huge icons. I don't remember the last time I actually looked at the name of what's being cast; the icon is either "the thing I care about that this boss does" or something else.

Really, I need to figure out a way to incorporate target energy back into the frames, since that's actually pretty useful information on things like Gruul and Oregorger.

Readability might be an issue in PvP, but I avoid that stuff like the plague.

Quote Originally Posted by Pouncekite View Post
    I agree! All raid-relevant debuffs are handled with weakauras in the space between my %hp and short-duration buffs. I'll edit in a for-real raid screenshot next time I do one.

This is the problem with a trinket home:

Basically everything around my unitframes is already occupied. I use the same trinket WAs for every character because they update dynamically. I dunno, I might just put them back into the short cooldown group (where Xuen and Expel Harm are in the first screenshot) and just rearrange alts' weakauras to accomodate.

Very nice UI. Just signed up for this forum so that I could ask: what addon are you using to get your quest frame like that? Thank you.

Field Marshal
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Grayson55 View Post
    Very nice UI. Just signed up for this forum so that I could ask: what addon are you using to get your quest frame like that? Thank you.
    SorhaQuestLog

Blademaster
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Alexeiblu View Post
    Sabien, what mod are you using to tell you what external and raid cd's are left? I've tried Blood Legion Cooldown's and I didn't care for it but I like the look of the one that you are using.
    It's a weak aura. The one I use is the full version.

http://www.reddit.com/r/wow/comments...cooldowns_and/

There is a second version that the guy has put out as well.

http://www.reddit.com/r/wow/comments...a_is_finished/

Same old, same old

Field Marshal
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Stanzilla View Post
    Same old, same old

The damage/healing meters are aligned with the chat box but the raid frames aren't. Why do you need to see your personal buffs on both your player frame and the top-right corner?

Those are my onlyconcerns with this; everything else is slick.

The damage/healing meters are aligned with the chat box but the raid frames aren't. Why do you need to see your personal buffs on both your player frame and the top-right corner?

Those are my onlyconcerns with this; everything else is slick.
    Hah indeed, well that's because Grid2 likes jumping around when it resizes, guess I forgot to align it properly this time. And for the buffs, I only have debuffs on my player frame, and yes, I have them on the top right, too, never bothered to change that although the ones on the player frame are actually filtered and stuff like Hand of Protection is highlighted/bigged so I noticed it. Thanks for your feedback man

WIP - took it for a test drive today on Rukhmar, Skada/BigWigs still need some love

youtube com/watch?v=HtAmOBODdwg

Addons
    - ElvUI (+ Skullflowers)
    - Gnosis
    - BigWigs
    - Skada
    - WeakAuras2
    - Stuf
    - xCT
    - TrufiGCD
    - AdiBags
    Last edited by grazzarg; 2015-04-09 at 08:52 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by grazzarg View Post
    WIP - took it for a test drive today on Rukhmar, Skada/BigWigs still need some love

youtube.com/watch?v=HtAmOBODdwg
    I like this a lot. It has a lot of info that I might personally consider extra, but it doesn't feel cluttered at all, except maybe the buff frame attached to the minimap. I would suggest moving your tooltip anchor down a bit since it's covering up your raid frames/Skada, though. Like, have it close, since I can see that being useful for soulstones and such, but yeah. I'm kinda digging the bigger icons. It makes a lot of sense to do; important stuff should be extremely easy to catch.

I actually recorded another video tonight of my current project. I don't know why I didn't do this before. Evaluating my work a lot easier than just going through screenshots. Not only did I notice my text alignment issues, but I think it suffers from some being just too convoluted. I'm going to mess around a bit more and play with the scale of the elements.

Love the simplistic and clean look of it!

Quote Originally Posted by kheath812 View Post

trying out gray borders instead of black. subtle but i like it.

What mini map addon is that?

Quote Originally Posted by Sigvard62 View Post
    What mini map addon is that?
    Qusemap

8 9 10
    Quote Originally Posted by Ulfric Trumpcloak View Post
    People on this site hate everything. Keep that in mind.

*zip - insert pretty minimalist UI from previous page*
    I would love to be able to play with UIs like this but I always find myself lacking vitial information about my abilties / cooldowns to keep up a steady rotation. Looks amazing, but is it playable in a raid?

How are you keeping track of the following for example:
    - CD on abilities like Keg Smash, ToD, Taunt, Transendance, Roll, Nimble brew etc.
    - Other tanks debuff/stacks

Quote Originally Posted by Khorrax View Post
    - CD on abilities like Keg Smash, ToD, Taunt, Transendance, Roll, Nimble brew etc.
    Not OP, but all of those things are easily trackable with WeakAuras- though personally the CDs on things like ToD, Taunt, Transcendence, Roll, and Nimble Brew are kind of irrelevant.

If roll is on CD when you need it, then it doesn't matter how long is left on the cooldown, because it wasn't up when you needed to use it. It being available in 8 seconds doesn't change the fact that you needed it then and you likely won't need it in 8 seconds. I feel kind of the same way about the other skills you listed too, outside of maybe Taunt- though that should always be available when you need it due to tank swaps and adds being a very scripted/timed thing. ToD is really only going to get one or two uses during a fight as well, so it's CD isn't really important either.

Anyone out there ever taken the dive to make a completely PVP-Centric UI. The majority I have seen are simply "compilations" with little to no real planning behind them. I understand the mindset in the PVP community that aesthetically pleasing UIs tend to either be lacking key functionality or simply impractical for that play style, and I can agree to an extent. However it doesn't mean it can't be done.

Field Marshal
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Khorrax View Post
    I would love to be able to play with UIs like this but I always find myself lacking vitial information about my abilties / cooldowns to keep up a steady rotation. Looks amazing, but is it playable in a raid?

Keg Smash is the thin gray bar that's directly above the energy bar. When Keg Smash is ready, the gray bar disappears and the energy bar gets a big glow. It's a very slightly modified version of Sunnier's Keg Smash / Energy string.

As Arborus said, everything else is pretty irrelevant. You just don't need to use the other abilities often enough to merit tracking them (or, for Touch of Death, you can all but guarantee using it at set intervals, e.g. Runes of Grasping Earth on Kromog).

I have a WeakAuras group that covers every tank debuff in in HM/BRF for both myself and my focus target.