Thread: Post Your UI

Quote Originally Posted by evn View Post
    To those who like the concept: thanks. I've managed to gather a few ideas from people posting here and on youtube and I'll "refactor" everything sometime this week.
    What I'll do is upload a video showing how to create setup icons from scratch.
    • I have a retribution setup but I'm positively worthless as a ret paladin: I've only got about 15mins of experience on it total (I DPS'd magmaw once, otherwise I play prot exclusively). Maybe I could make a simple video showing how to set this up from scratch for one class and then people can follow along for other classes.
    • I have a frost DK set, but I just hit 85 on mine and wouldn't really consider myself good at the whole rune matching, use x,y,z over a,b,c priority thing. I'd need to do some more research because right now I'm just tossing up diseases, using obliterate when I can, and frost strike when I can't. Once I get a feel for "the right way" to play I'll clean it up a bit.
    • I'll likely re-write the DOT timer a bit moving all of the tracking code into an invisible aura so that way you can add/remove/tweak dots by editing a simple text list at the top of a trigger once.
    • It seems to me affliction locks aren't substantially different from any other class I play. They keep up few dots, maybe a babysit a long-term buff, and react to a couple of procs and use 2 or 3 cooldowns regularly. Mine is only level 30-ish so I don't have any end game experience but I don't see any reason why the basic idea couldn't work. Could you go into more detail?
    Off the top of my head the first issue I think of the warlock dot tracking is bane of agony vs other dots which have a fixed base damage per tick.
    Bane of Agony due to the ramping up damage should be reapplied after the last tick has occured, not before it like others.
    That I am sure after looking at your previous code would be a minor adjustment, but if you are trying to build a generic base then that exception to the norm I feel is something worth taking into account.
    Last edited by ComputerNerd; 2011-09-24 at 04:32 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by ComputerNerd View Post
    Off the top of my head the first issue I think of the warlock dot tracking is bane of agony vs other dots which have a fixed base damage per tick.
    I started to tackle this problem, although I used my priest to do it. Suppose you ahve DP on a mob and you've gained/lost some buffs, should you recast it.

• assume recasting it before it's nearly expired comes at the expense of mind flay (2 ticks = 1 GCD), estimate that damage. Recasting early always has opportunity cost that must be factored in.
    • estimate damage remaining for the damage remaining for the DP on the target (factor in crit, spellpower, haste, and empowered shadow at the time it was cast). Average damage per tick * number of ticks remaning = estimated damage left
    • magic step that I'm not doing: weight damage per tick: For most dots this will just be average damage * ticks. For BOA I might have to do a simple loop instead (i don't know enough about the mechanics of the ability to write one off the top of my head).
    • estimate damage of a fresh dp (x instant cast + y damage over time) based on current empowered shadows bonus, spell power, crit, and haste.
    • subtract the first two numbers from the second. If the value was bigger than some threshold (10k in my test case) then display the notice to recast DP, otherwise do nothing.

While my estimated damage remaining per tick calculation was pretty niave, it'd only be a couple of extra lines to 'weight' the damage. I don't know exactly how BoA ramps up (linear, logarithmic, exponential, stepwise, etc) but it wouldn't be hard to come up with a formula for it.

Sadly, I think I've encountered a couple of bugs in weak auras. I've filed a bug report and I hope I'll hear back from the maintainers soon.

Hey people! Thought I'd share my ui

I've tried to keep my interface simple while still having all the information I need displayed in a nice way (playing as a holy paladin in a 10man raiding guild).
    As you'll see in the video (domo HC... pre nerf^^), I've worked a lot with Power Auras and I've tried to integrate some auras into the other elements of my interface.
    Also, to keep it clean, you can see at the start of the fight that some bars with information on them (SLDatatext) on the bottom of the screen are replaced by Forte and Omen when entering combat...

Any question or feedback welcomed ofc!

*to be watched in HD =D*
    Last edited by mmocba105e19de; 2011-09-24 at 10:41 PM.

Hey people! Thought I'd share my ui on the healer thread too

I've tried to keep my interface simple while still having all the information I need displayed in a nice way (playing as a holy paladin in a 10man raiding guild).
    As you'll see in the video (domo HC... pre nerf^^), I've worked a lot with Power Auras and I've tried to integrate some auras into the other elements of my interface.
    Also, to keep it clean, you can see at the start of the fight that some bars with information on them (SLDatatext) on the bottom of the screen are replaced by Forte and Omen when entering combat...

*to be watched in HD =D*

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaytemoss View Post

<snip>

*to be watched in HD =D*
    I think your ui is up there with one of the neatest and practical looking ones I have seen, your work with Power Auras is awesome, nice work mate!
    Last edited by mmocba105e19de; 2011-09-24 at 10:40 PM.

15+ Year Old Account
    Last edited by mmocba105e19de; 2011-09-24 at 10:47 PM.

Check out the directors cut of my project SCHISM, a festival winning short film
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DiHNTS-vyHE

Deleted
    @ Kaytemoss.

What SCT addon you using? I like it!

AuraFrames - Buffs
    Bartender4 - Actionbars
    Cooldowns - Actionbar cooldowns
    ForteXorcist - Dot tracking
    Gnosis - Castingbar
    Grid - Raid interface
    MikScrollingBattleText - Damage/Healing
    mNameplates - Target nameplates
    Omen - Threat
    Pitbull - User interface
    Power Aura - Tracking for proccs etc. As Power Torrent, Volcanic Power, Rag trinket
    Prat - Chat addon
    Recount - Damage recording
    SunnArt - The black box at the bottom of the screen
    WarlockReminder - DI tracking
    Last edited by Strych; 2011-09-26 at 08:52 AM.
    Asus Sabertooth Z77 S-1155 | Intel Core I7 3770K 3.5GHZ (@ 4.3Ghz) | Asus GeForce GTX670 DC2 2GD5 2GB | Corsair 32GB DDR3 Vengeance Quad 1866MHZ CL10 (4X8GB)
    Cooler Master Silent Pro 850W | NZXT Miditower Phantom 410 ATX Gunmetal | 3DMARK Vantage: P34120

Quote Originally Posted by Hamerfal View Post
    What SCT addon you using? I like it!
    Thanks!
    I'm using Mike's Scrolling Battle Text (MSBT, available on Curse I think). I've just tuned it a bit to be not too invasive

Quote Originally Posted by Derkenne View Post
    I think your ui is up there with one of the neatest and practical looking ones I have seen, your work with Power Auras is awesome, nice work mate!
    Thanks a lot! Anyone just feel free to ask if you want some exports of specific auras

Any chance we can download that awesome UI of yours anywhere?

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Hey people! Thought I'd share my ui on the healer thread too

*to be watched in HD =D*
    Sup dude, you care to share that UI of yours? It was fucking clean and I love it =) Would be lovley if you put it up for the community, Thanks

Best Regards
    Persephonie

*to be watched in HD =D*
    That is a really nice set up. I love your power auras. Care to share them?
    --Any fool can criticize, condemn and complain and most fools do- (B. Franklin)--

10+ Year Old Account
    Messed with my UI after (hopefully) fixing my latency issues!

Out of combat:

and my Power Auras!:
    Last edited by mmocba105e19de; 2011-09-26 at 05:52 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Bigbazz
    MMO champion for example used to be the center of WoW theorycrafting

My boring UI I've basically used since BC on every single one of my characters. Nothing too fancy, but serviceable.

Feel free to criticize or comment.

Last edited by mmocba105e19de; 2011-09-26 at 08:53 AM.

Deleted

My UI that I picked up a few weeks ago. It's called TuKUI and I really do love it, since it leaves alot of spaces in the middle of the screen to see what's happening. Had LUI before but it somehow stopped working, but I do like this one better.
    Last edited by mmocba105e19de; 2011-09-26 at 08:54 AM.

Blademaster
    10+ Year Old Account

My current UI, still a work in progress but so far I am very happy with the minimalistic elements.
    Last edited by Mepp; 2011-09-26 at 10:43 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Mepp View Post

My current UI, still a work in progress but so far I am very happy with the minimalistic elements.
    That's a monstrosity of a resolution. Must have a pretty beastly setup to push decent fps on it. :P
    i7-4770k - GTX 780 Ti - 16GB DDR3 Ripjaws - (2) HyperX 120s / Vertex 3 120
    ASRock Extreme3 - Sennheiser Momentums - Xonar DG - EVGA Supernova 650G - Corsair H80i

build pics

Blademaster
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by glo View Post
    That's a monstrosity of a resolution. Must have a pretty beastly setup to push decent fps on it. :P
    Haha, its actually on my iMac i5 '09, but it gets the job done very well actually. (Please don't hate on me !)
    Last edited by Mepp; 2011-09-26 at 10:51 AM.

Updated my UI not too long ago. Hope you guys enjoy. =D