Thread: Post Your UI

Quote Originally Posted by infamousX View Post
    If anyone has suggestions for fonts similar to "IMAGINE" with support for special characters, please share! Critique, as always, is appreciated and encouraged.
    You could always just use IMAGINE and replace the missing letters with similar existing ones. Kait did it for me a while back:
    http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...8#post25756258

Deleted
    Taken a lot of inspiration from users here, mainly from the hunter forums UI-thread.

Idle

Combat

one thing thats been annoying me is the border of the main set of bars. Some buttons seem to have 2px borders on some sides and 1px on the others, i can't seem to get rid of it. Any suggestions?

Epic!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by twin2 View Post
    trying out carebares positioning of frames

https://www.dropbox.com/s/440l9kwqyf...00941.jpg?dl=0
    How're you finding it? I would put a little space between the frames (your screenshot being small for me doesn't help!)

Quote Originally Posted by Constie View Post
    From a functionality standpoint, my issue with this positioning is that it implies that current player health is the most important piece of information in the UI, while what really matters is whether or not your health is currently low enough that you should be doing something special about it.
    Having played a warrior tank since the end of TBC through till MOP. My health/rage/debuffs were the most important part of information for me whilst being able to see whether I was standing in whateverdebuffthebossdidonthefloor right above the player frame. To me it wasn't whether or not my health is currently low enough, it was whether or not my health is going to get low enough that I should need to do something.

With the positioning I find that everything is in my peripheral vision and I can stand looking around and at my actual character model for 99% of fights.
    Last edited by Hulari; 2014-09-14 at 09:25 AM.

Deleted
    Carebear can you upload your ui please :-)

it's so nice

Quote Originally Posted by carebear View Post
    How're you finding it? I would put a little space between the frames (your screenshot being small for me doesn't help!)
    Not sure why dropbox does that with the previewing(guess you need to download for full res), im on 2560x1440 res. but you're probably right about the spacing

I do like it from a dps perspective(i've always had quite similar setup so it feels natural and centered, how i like it), though for healing i always struggle to find something i like because the raidframes takes so much space for me. :/

Deleted
    http://i58.tinypic.com/2z3tlz7.jpg

Like the ui very much since I bought a better computer. Looks smoth and clean and that's what I like.

Deleted
    Hi Carebear
    What addon do you use for damage meter in your latest UI (i.imgur.com/ nq6qut8.jpg)? Skada or Recount? And how I can set one of these to be like your? Seems very nice!
    Thanks!
    P.S. Sorry for my crap english ^^

Now I'm using something like this: i.imgur.com/ rzPmOcR.jpg
    Last edited by mmoc3458dc0289; 2014-09-14 at 05:08 PM.

7+ Year Old Account
    Nice clean UI. I foresee myself spending some hours this week trying to emulate yours. Thank you for posting it!

Quote Originally Posted by Birgwow View Post
    You could always just use IMAGINE and replace the missing letters with similar existing ones. Kait did it for me a while back:
    http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...8#post25756258
    Awesome! Is this the file you're currently using Birg? Also, if I do this, how will I know when someone has a special character?

edit: the link is broken
    Last edited by infamousX; 2014-09-14 at 06:51 PM.

Redid some things in my DD UI. I don't really know... something feels as if not fitting quite well... Could I get some opinions?
    http://puu.sh/bz0Y2/8a1e5bb914.jpg

10+ Year Old Account

Goldpaws' gUI4

This is mine, which is currently under development. The image is from the WoD beta, and the UI works from WoW 5.4.2 to the current beta build 6.0.2. It's a suite of several addons, all custom made.

It's available from Curse:
    http://www.curse.com/addons/wow/gui4

Or you can follow my updates about it on social media:
    facebook
    google+
    youtube
    twitter

Big images:
    https://scontent-a-ams.xx.fbcdn.net/...37280874_o.jpg
    http://www.curseforge.com/media/imag...1-06-49-88.png

Smaller preview:

Edit: total chaos with the links and images. fixed now.
    Last edited by Goldpaw; 2014-09-14 at 08:23 PM.

Epic!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tahiri View Post
    Carebear can you upload your ui please :-)

it's so nice
    Unfortunately not, no! I haven't uploaded a UI for a couple of years now due to a copyright issue I had.

Quote Originally Posted by Neph39 View Post
    Hi Carebear
    What addon do you use for damage meter in your latest UI (i.imgur.com/ nq6qut8.jpg)? Skada or Recount? And how I can set one of these to be like your? Seems very nice!
    Thanks!
    P.S. Sorry for my crap english ^^

Now I'm using something like this: i.imgur.com/ rzPmOcR.jpg
    That one is alDamageMeter with the rothUI theme. It can be found here, credits to zork: http://www.wowinterface.com/download...hreatSkin.html

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by carebear View Post
    That one is alDamageMeter with the rothUI theme. It can be found here, credits to zork.
    Thank you!

Awesome! Is this the file you're currently using Birg? Also, if I do this, how will I know when someone has a special character?
    You won't.

They probably still show up in name plates and chat text unless you replace them ALL with the modified Imagine font.

Quote Originally Posted by Kaitain View Post
    You won't.
    Would it be possible to edit IMAGINE myself to add the special characters, Kait? I love the font and it's perfect for what I'm trying to accomplish, it'd be a shame to try to find something else.

Deleted
    Guess I should contribute for the first time in months.

I grew tired of my CaithUI remake a couple of months ago and, since I am a lazy and uncreative slob nowadays, decided to borrow a lot from Kaitain's Mage UI to get back to my more traditional, minimalistic roots.

I've been facing the challenge of adopting it towards more classes and specs than were available, and trying to find creative uses for the circle in the middle. Really trying to utilize that aspect of the UI and make it stand out, as I feel that was core to Kaitain's setup and why it was so appealing to me.
    Another thing I've been working on is the PvE aspect of the UI. I don't PvP at all, and having target debuffs at the top and so forth wouldn't work for me at all. Finally, since I am a huge oUF fan, I decided to do most of it in oUF. Very happy with the direction this project is heading, although I'm considering scrapping the UnitFrames and designing something that might fit the middle ring more. Also toying with the idea of class-specific unitframes as I'm struggling to adapt the UI for a few classes (Boomkin being the most notable one, another is Monks) but that's for another post I suppose.

Anyway, enough walls of text and on to some pictures.

Destruction Warlock:
    The circle shows Burning Embers, as that's the most important thing I feel I need to track rotation-wise. The background fills up via emberbits and the number is full embers.
    The fire behind it is my set bonus.

Affliction Warlock:
    Circle shows Soul Shards, similar setup to the Destruction UI. Background shows Shadow Trance duration, although I feel this is mostly useless. I've not found a better use for it, might just get rid of it for now.
    There's a shiny graphic behind it when enemy is under 20% to indicate Drain Soul usage.

The post is already running really long so I'll hold off on the other classes for now, they're also not as polished and I still feel I have some work to do on them.

Absolutely looking for feedback on this, as I don't feel I've really hit home. The top and bottom infobars are really polarizing to me, as I do enjoy tinkering with Broker displays but am not a fan of what they bring me visually. Especially the top one looks odd.
    I'm not sure how long I'll keep this project going for. It's working REALLY well in raids (actually, it's fantastic. One of the best I've had in raids so far) but I'm not getting the looks I want from it. Might just be the action bar or something, I'm not sure.

Bonus: Levelling UI for my monk, KaitBirgKyuoUI!?
    Last edited by mmocd31d5ad991; 2014-09-15 at 03:19 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by InfusOnWoW View Post
    So I decided to look into that, since I know the weakauras' code to some extent. And since it was trivial to add support for unit's models I created a patch for that.
    How would one modify the custom untrigger to hide when - I shift to Ghost wolf form and/or close the character panel?

What I wanted to do was use a second player model that's positioned higher so that the model for Ghost wolf stays in frame when I shift (its out of frame with the current waist-high humanoid model). The 2nd model works fine, only the first player model is still there but slightly out of frame.
    Last edited by magicaldandruff; 2014-09-15 at 04:52 AM. Reason: Clarification

Would it be possible to edit IMAGINE myself to add the special characters, Kait? I love the font and it's perfect for what I'm trying to accomplish, it'd be a shame to try to find something else.
    I used TypeTool to do it, and just copied and pasted glyphs around. That app is $48 though (I had it for work stuff). I think TTFEdit is a free option but I never tried it.

Started on a bit of a rework of my UI while keeping it within the same style as before. Currently done Player, Target and Raid frames, as well as cast bars. To do: Focus, Party and Boss frames.

Suggestions/Criticisms?