Thread: Post Your UI

Quote Originally Posted by Lyn View Post
    Helping out but we share some of the same ideas for our UIs

As I said, very big wip, not happy with Fonts on UFs and UFs in general.
    Problem with wider unit frames was, you have not so much place left and right of it for other stuff except small layers. I want my chat there, so I have to make compromises.
    I misspoke. I liked the wider minimap. I think it looks better because the width could match the Quest frame and makes the quest frame feel less like it's just jutting out into the center of the screen.

But yeah, I definitely think you're on the right path. Textures and additions to the UF's might be the biggest things, along with the fonts. Looking forward to seeing updates.

Blademaster
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by jthrod View Post
    My UI. it has evolve to this, i took many ideas from here and mixed them all up.

This is pretty rad. Great job.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by xtothx View Post
    AvantGarde LT Medium.
    Thanks! Very clean look to your UI.
    That is not dead which can eternal lie.
    And with strange aeons even death may die.

Brewmaster
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by bungie View Post
    Looks dope, getting back a lot closer to the roots of the vanilla UI. Very nice Lyn.
    how is that even remotely similar to vanila? LUL

10+ Year Old Account
    standard default UI is always the best. I used to use addons out the yinyang back in the day but over the years blizzard has incorporated most of the important features from popular addons into the base UI so theres no point in using addons IMO aside from aesthetics.

Quote Originally Posted by tehdef View Post
    I misspoke. I liked the wider minimap. I think it looks better because the width could match the Quest frame and makes the quest frame feel less like it's just jutting out into the center of the screen.

But yeah, I definitely think you're on the right path. Textures and additions to the UF's might be the biggest things, along with the fonts. Looking forward to seeing updates.
    Oh, yeah, right. Wider minimap is awesome that's true - but sadly, these have display glitches I don't like. :/
    And yep, still searching in Blizzard's files for good textures which fits to the UFs!

Quote Originally Posted by DaHomieG View Post
    standard default UI is always the best. I used to use addons out the yinyang back in the day but over the years blizzard has incorporated most of the important features from popular addons into the base UI so theres no point in using addons IMO aside from aesthetics.
    More or less, yes. This is true. The only thing with always bothers me about the standard interface are the unit frames. These are horrible af.
    oh, honey.

I can agree with you for the most part, but I honestly couldn't imagine playing WoW without WA. I am really attached to my unit frames too but that is just aesthetics I suppose.

This is my latest edit of Lyn's UI (the old version).

PARTY

RAID

You can move anything you want?

You can't.

Nothing to see here folks, just another shitpost.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by HeyBarbaruiva View Post

PARTY

RAID
    I want this. >>

Oh, yeah, right. Wider minimap is awesome that's true - but sadly, these have display glitches I don't like. :/
    And yep, still searching in Blizzard's files for good textures which fits to the UFs!

More or less, yes. This is true. The only thing with always bothers me about the standard interface are the unit frames. These are horrible af.
    In my view there is more than those wrong, but those are certainly a big part of it.
    I think vanilla-esque UI's also have the benefit of being a good introduction to addons for newbies to addons.
    Some examples of what can be changed, without throwing them in at the deep end.
    Keeps some familiarity while enhancing the experience.
    Quote Originally Posted by DeadmanWalking View Post
    Your forgot to include the part where we blame casuals for everything because blizzard is catering to casuals when casuals got jack squat for new content the entire expansion, like new dungeons and scenarios.
    Quote Originally Posted by Reinaerd View Post
    T'is good to see there are still people valiantly putting the "Ass" in assumption.

10+ Year Old Account
    I always find myself always going back to the default UI eventually. I'm still using Bartender for my action bars but I'm getting close to the point where I'm just going to end up stop using it. I'm already at a point where I'm using my default action bars on a few of my alts (have Bartender disabled on those characters for some reason and too lazy to set my bars up).

Quote Originally Posted by Bigbazz
    MMO champion for example used to be the center of WoW theorycrafting

So I am working on a Redesign for 7.1, ditching stuff, writing new stuff (with obble).
    I keep trying to go back to a more 'default' UI (mostly via lightspark's UI) but somehow I always end up back with ElvUI. This iteration of your UI looks very promising! I hope that it makes a release appearance at some point, as I'd love to try it out.

Quote Originally Posted by Firedancer View Post
    I keep trying to go back to a more 'default' UI (mostly via lightspark's UI) but somehow I always end up back with ElvUI. This iteration of your UI looks very promising! I hope that it makes a release appearance at some point, as I'd love to try it out.
    Heh, I need to update it badly T_T

Quote Originally Posted by lightspark View Post
    Heh, I need to update it badly T_T
    I like ls:UI and still have a zipfile of my UI using it in case I decide to go back. I still use ls:Toasts with ElvUI because it is awesomesauce. I stopped making tons of mods to it and just went with adjusting the constants.xml file (change font face and adjust font size to no smaller than 12) and it worked just fine. I find I want default-ish UI for a week or two, then something starts to bug me and I go back to black and boring, then I get tired of black and boring, and loop. :P

Quote Originally Posted by Firedancer View Post
    I like ls:UI and still have a zipfile of my UI using it in case I decide to go back. I still use ls:Toasts with ElvUI because it is awesomesauce. I stopped making tons of mods to it and just went with adjusting the constants.xml file (change font face and adjust font size to no smaller than 12) and it worked just fine. I find I want default-ish UI for a week or two, then something starts to bug me and I go back to black and boring, then I get tired of black and boring, and loop. :P
    I'm planning to add functionality to allow editing and addition of new elements (still not sure about this part) w/o messing w/ UI's code. Still WIP T_T

PARTY

RAID
    mind uploading?

Quote Originally Posted by kheath812 View Post
    mind uploading?
    I remember what on my Info page on WoWI is written...

PARTY
    http://i.imgur.com/BZvL5gF.jpg

RAID
    http://i.imgur.com/pZaoRYH.jpg
    ... even tho', it looks quite nice.
    oh, honey.

Ok, i'm nearly done with the basic setup. Unfortunately due to how UI scale is managed in WoW, a 2k screen is not my friend.

Does anyone have a good repository for border textures? I could use the standard wow ones, but i wanted something more peculiar. I'm bad at PS so i cannot do them myself
    Non ti fidar di me se il cuor ti manca.

Quote Originally Posted by Coldkil View Post
    Does anyone have a good repository for border textures? I could use the standard wow ones, but i wanted something more peculiar. I'm bad at PS so i cannot do them myself
    These SharedMedia packages on wowinterface have some nice one's included.
    oh, honey.

These SharedMedia packages on wowinterface have some nice one's included.
    Thanks. I'm kinda sad that i cannot continue my quest for pixelperfect, but given the 2560x1440 resolution, some style may actually be nice without being too intrusive.

I'll check and try to put up something to show - oh how i missed the days of creating my UI
    Non ti fidar di me se il cuor ti manca.