Am I ready for 18/53 ttw fire?

Hey guys I am currently arcane, but as I've been getting more gear recently I've been considering switching to ttw fire hoping to see a dps increase. Currently I can pull about 3.5k on patchwerk.

I realize my gear isnt the best currently, but was wondering if ttw fire would give me better results. I am hit capped that one thing i know for sure.

heres my armory link. was in my pvp gear last. just changed to my pve gear. hopefully it updates soon

http://www.wowarmory.com/character-s...estone&n=Tmons

Thanks

Re: Am I ready for 18/53 ttw fire?

Well, you definatly have enough Hit for ttw-fireball, however i would ocnsider waiting to respec until your spellpower is a little higher, same with your haste. You basically want the same gear for ttw-fireball so as long as you have the hit stuff then its easy to gear up as arcane and switch. remeber hit cap > spellpower > haste >crit. Thats the order stats are important to you.

its updated now!

First thing is that you have way too much hit. As arcane 57/3/11 you only need 11% with 3/3 Arcane Focus and 3/3 Precision. But you are asking about ttw fire.

Pretty much the best way to find out if your spec is going to work is just test it yourself. That is the most precise way to find out. At the moment I would say your crit is a little low, but other than that it looks fine.

His crit is fine. You get 9% from talents and another 5%* from molten armor + glyph which brings the grand total to 33%. Add in 10%* from scorch, 5% from Fireball Glyph, 3% and 5% from raid buffs and you're looking at ~=56% crit in raid (assuming you have an ele shaman and a boomkin, etc).

*But seeing as the patch is tonight... You only get 5% from scorch (+3% if you talent it) so let's assume 8%, you have 503 spirit unbuffed which will be about 660ish with spirit and kings. You need around 545 spi with the new molten armor and glyph to hit 5% crit, so 670 puts you a bit above that (670*.45 ~= 302 ~= 6.6% crit). Everything else stays the same.

Honestly though, your biggest dps increase will be to get better gear. Fire scales the best with better gear so it's something to look into.

With the latest rawr.mage it seems you would have about 250 dps for 18/53 ttw (with standard raid buffs, of course that includes misery)

Yea i realize im over hit capped atm, trying to replace some of that gear right now.

Quote Originally Posted by enoesiw
    Honestly though, your biggest dps increase will be to get better gear.
    I completely disagree with that.

At the moment, his biggest DPS increase will be coming from practice. 3.5k on Patchwerk with that level of gear is incredibly low.

Really I dont consider my gear that good... compared to other mages. I know mages really geared out can pull 6k ish on patch.

What do you think i should be outputting with my current gear/spec then?

You need to find alternate equipment for your arc rotations. Dump hit for crit/haste/SP. You have higher iLevel gear than me but I can dump over 4500 dps on Patch with little or no difficulty. Your gear is very poorly itemized for arc. You could probably even dump some hit if you go TTW-FB since in raids there's likely to be FF or misery in there somewhere.

You need 13% hit with full raid hit buffs, stacking haste/sp, with glyphs of fireball, molten armor, and (I prefer for now) living bomb.

Always keep living bomb and scorch up. Spam fireball. Win.

I've played my mage for quite a while now, and I had a question regarding TTW/FB.

I understand 12% is alot, an incredible amount. But does that 12% actually legitimately apply to bosses? Because the only actual snare I know that works on most bosses is Slow, but TTW/FB doesn't reach far enough to gain Slow. Shammy's wont spam frost shock, warriors wont spam hamstring, dk's dont spec into the talent that makes icy touch slow, pally's have a dazed shield attack but they cant keep that up forever, and any raiding rogue that has crippling poison is greatly hurting their damage, and I know off the top of my head SPriests mind flay "snare" does not affect bosses.

I mean, I'm not saying the spec is stupid since maybe their's something I'm missing... But does the 12% actually help during boss fights, not just trash fights.

Just need a bit of clarification here,  ??? ??? ???

15+ Year Old Account

All snares affect TtW. This includes Thunderclap and Frostfire Bolt. Even though a boss may be immune to certain snares, the talent was changed so that whatever can snare an enemy counts towards the talent. In a 25-man raid, you are pretty much guaranteed a "snare", despite the boss not actually being affected by some, if not most, of the available snares.
    For the Alliance!

Anything that slows it, even if it just slows attack speed, counts. Thunderclap (warr), Frost Fever (DK), Judgements of the Just (Pally), not sure about druids. 3/4 tanks will take care of it for sure, and even if they don't, it's a safe bet there's a DK in the raid somewhere to drop Frost Fever.