Solo instance fury/prot spec thoughts?

Any thoughts on this pre-WOTLK spec for soloing instances.
    http://talent.mmo-champion.com/?warr...6&version=9767

I'm going to be going with this spec once i get dualspec for fun. This way i can still raid and tank when needed and have fun when i don't. Anyway, i need thoughts and opinions to improve this spec.

Re: Solo instance fury/prot spec thoughts?

Something like this is fine if you just want to run around solo'ing things like ZG and MC trash. In tank armor, the amount of healing that bloodthirst does is just nuts. If you are doing this, make sure you are hit capped because a missed bloodthirst can really suck.

Spec looks decent, but there would be a few things I might change....

Depending how much hit you have, I'd take precision over imp. cleave. You won't have a ton of rage tbh, so you won't be cleaving much.

Another place you can spend points is blood craze. Since most dungeon mobs won't crit for very hard, you can just /sit anytime you need even more health than Bloodthirst provides.

Quote Originally Posted by Logabas
    Spec looks decent, but there would be a few things I might change....

Depending how much hit you have, I'd take precision over imp. cleave. You won't have a ton of rage tbh, so you won't be cleaving much.

Another place you can spend points is blood craze. Since most dungeon mobs won't crit for very hard, you can just /sit anytime you need even more health than Bloodthirst provides.

I think if he's doing a fury/prot hybrid though I would gather he is going to have decent enough tank gear to be uncritable, and blood craze would be pretty useless in that case.

If you could fit 2 talent points into imp Disc though I think that would help out a ton, what with lowering cooldowns and all. Probably would help a lot more than 2 rage off of abilities IMO.

Quote Originally Posted by Cyrant
    I think if he's doing a fury/prot hybrid though I would gather he is going to have decent enough tank gear to be uncritable, and blood craze would be pretty useless in that case.
    That's what the /sit command is for. Sitting guarantees that you will be crit when attacked, then forces you to stand up, no matter how high your defense may be.

Quote Originally Posted by Logabas
    That's what the /sit command is for. Sitting guarantees that you will be crit when attacked, then forces you to stand up, no matter how high your defense may be.
    Ah yeah ok, gotcha now. I'm not sure what points he could take out though for it, it seems like it might be almost situational depending on what he is soloing.

I do ZG and other old world instances in full tanking spec and have no problem what-so-ever. Having all the top prot abilities are really nice and allow me to do much better soloing bosses.
    110 Troll Shadow Priest - Gorefiend
    110 Tauren Warrior - Mal'Ganis

as far as i know the enrage effects doesnt stack, so 5 wasted points there, blood crazy for bosses(talking MC here) isn't good to do either since you'll most likely take more dmg from that then what you'll heal for, tho for trash and such its probly okay but bloodthirst is already outhealing it.

this is the build i personally will go for:
    http://talent.mmo-champion.com/?warr...6&version=9767

might drop 1 point in presicion tho depending on what gear i'm wearing 2 points is enough to have my hit capped..

Quote Originally Posted by Donik
    I do ZG and other old world instances in full tanking spec and have no problem what-so-ever. Having all the top prot abilities are really nice and allow me to do much better soloing bosses.
    I wasn't aware one could solo ZG, i'll be trying that soon just for kicks.
    All bosses doable? :O

I've done most of the bosses solo minus bloodlord, I always have my girlfriend there to heal me on him since I owe her a raptor mount =P

Bloodlord hits pretty hard, snake+bat boss get interesting, panther boss is a pita if you aren't paying attention. Hakkar isn't really bad but you need to maintain 1450dps the whole fight with sword/board in order to avoid enrage.