3.1 Mark turned in for Rep again!?

I've heard rumors that you could turn in bg marks for the associated bg faction, just like it used to be. While I am saddened by the fact that I spent all this weekend playing wsg to get exalted without turning in badges it think i would be pretty neat. Anyone able to confirm this?

Re: 3.1 Mark turned in for Rep again!?

In all of Wotlk you could turn in marks = /. However you needed to turn in 1 of each (not av) at a time, so you needed a AB, WSG, SotA, and EOTS mark from each for a greater honor turn in. In 3.1 they are including AV (so you need 1 from each of the 5) but you get more honor from the turn ins.

hes talking about turning in each corresponding mark for "rep" with that bg like when you do Wsg you get wsg rep threw out the battle as well when doing Ab you get Ab rep. could anyone confirm? ^

Quote Originally Posted by Reck27
    In all of Wotlk you could turn in marks = /. However you needed to turn in 1 of each (not av) at a time, so you needed a AB, WSG, SotA, and EOTS mark from each for a greater honor turn in. In 3.1 they are including AV (so you need 1 from each of the 5) but you get more honor from the turn ins.
    oh wow someone cant read.
    Quote Originally Posted by Snowf0x
    math has nothing to do with a game that is based on RNG.

I haven't heard anything about this. I would jump for joy if it did get implemented, though.
    Hunter
    Druid
    Rogue

I play teh easy classes lozl

Adding rep to for great honor is long overdue. It had rep way back and it was easy for pvpers to grind rep with wg and ab. It is a huge advantage to the way things are now.

Cylon's Warcraft Blog - News, guides and more! Come join my community.

Quote Originally Posted by Cylon24
    Adding rep to for great honor is long overdue. It had rep way back and it was easy for pvpers to grind rep with wg and ab. It is a huge advantage to the way things are now.
    BG Rep mattered back in they day for purchasing gear; the only reason rep is even on the radar now is for titles and tabards. Because of the changes to the way pvp gear is acquired, it is no longer necessary to have a way of quickly building rep with the BG factions.

I am currently grinding my BC re-roll to Justicar and I admit that the rep farming can be painful. However, considering the only reason to subject yourself to the rep grind is for vanity, I really dont think rep needs to be any easier to obtain.

Quote Originally Posted by Ghoti Sticks
    BG Rep mattered back in they day for purchasing gear; the only reason rep is even on the radar now is for titles and tabards. Because of the changes to the way pvp gear is acquired, it is no longer necessary to have a way of quickly building rep with the BG factions.

I am currently grinding my BC re-roll to Justicar and I admit that the rep farming can be painful. However, considering the only reason to subject yourself to the rep grind is for vanity, I really dont think rep needs to be any easier to obtain.
    So rep grinding for the vanity should be more difficult for pvpers now than before? I really disagree. Everyone should have an equal chance at achievements. The pvp gear wasn't even that good to begin with.

Cylon's Warcraft Blog - News, guides and more! Come join my community.

The pvp gear was pretty good at it's time... For example mages would use the AB exalted staff instead of HWL staff, and warrior would use the AV mace until they had HWL weapons. These being the two examples I remember.

Anyway, for the op... No currently there is no such thing, however during wolk development (and a few times since then) GMs mentioned an interest in having ways to level up through bgs (don't remember anything about rep, but it may be where you're coming from here)... Since a BG revamp is suposed to be coming, I think we can at least expect changes in the future, possibly to bg rep as well.