idea for frost pve...

so like i was thinking of ways to buff frost pve and heres what i got:

1:make fingers of frost proc more off frostbolts

2:give them a dot similar to deep wounds

what do yall think?

Re: idea for frost pve...

What do I think? I think it will never ever ever happen. As someone who raided frost up till my T5 gear, it makes me sad, because I miss survivability. But it will never ever happen.

Ever.

15+ Year Old Account

It's sad that Frost isn't exactly a viable raiding spec; and that chances are it never will be. However, I raided as Frost for all of WotLK until I quit raiding. I had no real problem with so-called minimal DPS because I more or less pushed frost to the limit, in terms of output damage. Still, the survivability, the replenishment you give to your raid and having a pet (albeit for only some of each fight) are all positives and the main reason that I played as Frost.

Frost dots would be cool. But as the poster above me said: never, ever gonna happen.
    For the Alliance!

I managed a very respectable dps as frost in BC as well. I was sad when I lost my precious little Water Elemental.

well knowing blizz they are going to buff frost sometime...i mean look at how theyve been doing things thus far? i mean they buffed arms for warriors which was at a time a pvp spec and not thought of as "good dps". they also buffed retadins and frost Dks and surrvival hunters.

imo its time they buffed rogues and frost mages.

I doubt it will ever happen. Its all about thier idea of survival vs. damage. They have posted many times that the CC and survival options open to frost would make them way over the top if thier damage was on par with fire or arcane.

Some don't think the survival options mean jack except for leveling. Which is a valid opinion. Especially at this stage of the game. On the other hand, the difference in DPS has also not made jack difference in naxx either. I've been on raids with 2 frost mages and we still killed the bosses just like any other time. Now, on Ulduar? Who knows. I doubt the reqs are so tight that a frostie would be passed over. But we'll see I guess.

Quote Originally Posted by bballjg7
    What's your thoughts about that:
    http://talent.mmo-champion.com/?mage...0&version=9767

I should try it out on dummy or into an Ulduar run. I don't think that spec would be that bad but probably boring: Frostbolt spam + Ice Lance on FoF procs. Maybe change glyph of Molten Armor for glyph of Arcane Power, I don't know.

..........I can't say what I think anymore because of retarded 7 day bans.

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by bballjg7
    What's your thoughts about that:
    http://talent.mmo-champion.com/?mage...0&version=9767

I should try it out on dummy or into an Ulduar run. I don't think that spec would be that bad but probably boring: Frostbolt spam + Ice Lance on FoF procs. Maybe change glyph of Molten Armor for glyph of Arcane Power, I don't know.
    Test it against a dummy, but the better thing is to compile some stats from a run and compare the results with a deep frost build.
    For the Alliance!