Mutilate Weapon Choices

Any suggestions on weapon choices as of the new PPM? Is this good? - SLOW MH/FAST OH or SLOW MH/SLOW OH. For PVP I should use 2 SLOW daggers, right? Also for PVE I should use Instant poison/Deadly Poison, right?

Re: Mutilate Weapon Choices

3.0.9, fast fast.
    3.1.0, slow slow. iirc.

Quote Originally Posted by bbr
    3.0.9, fast fast.
    3.1.0, slow slow. iirc.
    what does iirc mean?

iirc = If I Remember Correctly :P
    Game Mechanics Enthusiast. :P

Remember / Recall. Either works.

Deleted

The best choice as for today will be:

Sinister Revenge (slow) / Webbed Death (fast)
    Instant poison / Deadly Poison

SR/SR IP/DP will be best choice till one get's weapons from Ulduar.

That aside, afaik Slow/Fast will be better than Slow/Slow, but the difference will be reeeeeaaaaally small. It's gonna be so small, that even just the stats on the weapons will decide what you're going to pick.
    (Kinda like if Twilight Mist had the same stats that Webbed Death has and you'd have to decide between the "new" Twilight Mist and Murder, then you'd probably do best if you pick Twilight Mist, due to it's better stats.)

OH-speed is just very unimportant for Mut-Rogues.

Discourse over at EJ has revealed that the OH is still a mildly important choice for Mutilate Rogues. Aldriana confirmed early into testing that in fact the best combination to use is Slow/Fast. The difference between this setup and others, however, remains largely trivial. You're using a fast weapon to reapply DP after Evenom ASAP.

Quote Originally Posted by Voij
    OH-speed is just very unimportant for Mut-Rogues.
    Which means you can go for utility and simply get a fast one so your Shiv doesn't cost too much.

OR

Get a slow one, so you do a lot more damage with fan of knifes on trash.

Quote Originally Posted by bbr
    Which means you can go for utility and simply get a fast one so your Shiv doesn't cost too much.

OR

Get a slow one, so you do a lot more damage with fan of knifes on trash.
    You could also do it like they do on the discovery channel!

Uhm... wait, that wasn't right... you could also do it like they do as raiding&pvping rogues, and grab two slow ones and a fast one.

Most should do that regardless.
    But the poor man's choice, and when competing with other rogues and players for weapons, first things first. :P

At the moment it doesnt really matter what speed daggers you obtain. From what I can re-call, slower daggers now only mean that your Mutilate's hit harder and more white damage occur. PPM poisons have changed the face of the mutilate game.
    PPM (proc per minute) slower daggers proc the same amount of IP as faster daggers.

Quote Originally Posted by Lethal
    At the moment it doesnt really matter what speed daggers you obtain. From what I can re-call, slower daggers now only mean that your Mutilate's hit harder and more white damage occur. PPM poisons have changed the face of the mutilate game.
    PPM (proc per minute) slower daggers proc the same amount of IP as faster daggers.
    Consult the Poison-Sticky please, what you said is only partly correct.

The ppm-change to IP/WP made it so that you'll have the same number of procs from white attacks, as the procchance is according to your weaponspeed. (2,8 = 100% WP-procchance, 1,4 = 50% WP-procchance, after 1min both will have the same number of poisonprocs from white attacks.)

However this does not apply to abilities, as the procchance for abilities depends on your weapon's speed. That means if you use a Weapon speed 2.8 and put WP on it, then you'll have a 100% chance to proc WP when striking with an ability.

So yeah, as Mutilate it's gonna be important to use a slow dagger as MH in 3.1, the offhand however should simply be your best dagger. (Whether it's a gear level above the rest, like SR, or just has better stats then the rest, like Webbed Death.)

Quote Originally Posted by Voij
    So yeah, as Mutilate it's gonna be important to use a slow dagger as MH in 3.1, the offhand however should simply be your best dagger. (Whether it's a gear level above the rest, like SR, or just has better stats then the rest, like Webbed Death.)
    That's for the fast answer

I guess I will be replacing one of my LPC's to one of the badge daggers until I can get my hands on SR or something else?

Ok, so it's all about the MH dagger.

Hello,
    I was wondering what a good MH dagger would be for Mutilate spec past 3.1
    I don't have any slow-hard hitting daggers from raids however, is there one I can buy with badges, heroics, etc. until I get one?
    I tried looking everywhere but no luck so far .. might be too early for my brain. ???