kovactheslovac

Finally making a main character!!!

hellooo i fellow priesties i am all new to the priest world so i am quite clueless of what to actually get and do. i am making my first priest which will in the end be my main because we all know priests are very very cool. So i know to spec shadow but i dont know what glyphs to buy or what stats to get...well i know intellect, stamina and spirit but what spec do i use to level, if i should get a staff or mace etc. Could you please help me get started thank you!

Deleted

Re: Finally making a main character!!!

The stat to go for is spirit while lvling (and spellpower is always a nice bonus).

at lvl 5 you want to get a lesser magic wand because the wand does more damage then your spells at that level, and at lvl 12 a greater magic wand.

For leveling spec until lvl 40 spec according to this , When you ding 40 respec to this

At lvl 80 your spec should look like this , with glyph of shadow, sw: pain and mindflay(dispersion?)

if any experienced shadowpriest disagrees feel free to post a better shadowbuild.

The rotation for leveling a priest is usually starting with a slowcast spell (pre-40 holyfire, post-40 mindblast) and then apply dots and finish target with wand.

for weapons there isnt really a priority while lvling as long as it has some spirit and bestcase-scenario spellpower. at 80 a onehander with offhand is best because it offers higher spellpower and haste/crit then a staff.