Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast

Re: Did anyone else's damage suck last night?

guys come on,really..imo,we didnt get nerfed,most balance-->buffed i think..i agreed with someone before,that now we can do more easier dps than before..my tests was at boss dummie and i surprised when i notice how quick and easy i went and stay at 3.1k dps (without AW) y,they really nerf our judgement but they buffed cs and ds, examples , before crit from ds was 3.2k now 4.3+ and with the libram my cs is crit for 4.5k most ^^ i didnt tested again at any naxx but at some hcs,yes i did pretty and more dmg they gave us the exorcism to use it at any mob now and they buffed our 2 main skills>nerf at jblood= balance or littled buffed...imo always

Quote Originally Posted by Alienganja
    I can only hit for 3k!!!!! WAHHH

This just in, Ret Pally Damage nerfed.
    copy / paste follows

Seal of Blood/Seal of the Martyr: The damage done by these two seals has been increased but the damage done by their judgements decreased. The balance is now roughly 60% from either seal and 40% from a judgement on total damage done. The total damage done should be roughly the same. Please note that the 3.0.9 tooltips had incorrect values for the damage done, but the tooltips should be much more accurate in 3.1.0.

I'm not seeing a nerf, I'm seeing people who don't pay attention to changes look at their judgement crits got from 8k to 2k go wwaaaaaaa our damage got nerfed

They have made a lot of changes to the spec, you need to adjust to keep dps the same. If anything I think pve damage against a static target as gone up since the patch.

Things that matter if you were pro on 3.0 and are struggling now:

Know the new priorities, There's a thread in here I made titled Ret 3.1 FCFS CS>HoW>J>DS>Con>Ex>HW
    Glyph Exorcism and use the ability on non-undeads too
    Best-in-slot is now better than 4-part T7 bonus, break your bonus
    Hit > Strength - get hit capped

those are the 4 main things people are doing 'wrong' on 3.1 as best as I can tell

my dps jumped from 2.9k to 3.6k *edit* i avg around 3.4k now

i think you did you rotation wrong
    no im not always gonna put in a lot of thought when i post
    and not all my posts are serious/true

As for myself i didn't notice any real nerf at all. i'm not incredibly geared but i was doing around 3k before patch and now i'm doing about the same if not a little more (although my main spec is prot). i would say give the servers a little bit of time to stabilize and then make your judgement calls on this "revised" ret paladin business.

changes to martyr/blood damage on melee swings is higher, itemise for more haste to get the maximum use out of it...

go go....

also get hit cap
    since you dont rely on one big dmg move anymore
    *i think hit cap would help*

Deleted

anyone considering that most fights last longer in ulduar meaning you have less percentual uptime of skills like awenging wrath and bloodlust/heroism

Quote Originally Posted by maaghen
    anyone considering that most fights last longer in ulduar meaning you have less percentual uptime of skills like awenging wrath and bloodlust/heroism
    i think that would make a big dif but i wasnt thinking about it

I was averaging 5-5.7k on Razor. And I was laggy here and there

I think it could be that you guys are not used to the new rotation and changes and recommend you head over to elitest jerks on the 3.1 changes. The major thing in this patch is our stat allocation and that's being hit and expertise cap are a required, then stack strength. Also make sure you add consecrate and exorcism glyphs in. After reading ej and toying around on the dummy I was sustaining 3.5-4kdps and on the trash before ignis the furnace master i was doing 5k + single target (before getting cock blocked by the server maintenance).

So yeah i think you guys just aren't used to it yet and need to play around with it a bit, Ulduar is a new raid zone and when you will get used to the mechanics of the fights you will be able to push more.

Alright, been testing it all a bit more in the few moments that our server wasn't down or instances were crashed (Thunderhorn ftl). Here's what I think:

With the new rotation, damage is about the same to a little lower. Wheras I was getting 5+ K, now I get 4.5. I think generally this is due to the judgement nerf specifically, for the following reason. Before you could tab target and prio judge so that it was ALWAYS hitting something right away. Now that our damage is more swing + meele based, we have to be closer to the target, you can't just as casually tab target nuke. Against an unmoving target like patch or a dummy, things would be the same it seems, but with trash + fluid moving about, the old nuke judgement style adds more flexibility to your damage.

Just an observation.
    Your signature is too big, please read the rules.
    It is not a paladin's quest to tank, to heal, or to dish out the damage.
    Instead, the paladin’s quest is to win, by the light, using any means possible.

15+ Year Old Account

we did razorscale last night before ulduar crashed(got the DS libram yay!), but every try i was in top3. 2 tries i was 1st on dmg.

ofc the trashmobs helped alot with that, but still. DS and CS are WAY better. biggest crits ive gotten where a bit over 7k on a single target. SoB biggest crits are around 4k for me and normal crits above 3k.

ive picked up Dsacrifice for the imp SS and its pretty good. think it absorbed around 2k dmg

its only 1 boss i did as ret pala in ulduar so i wont make any conclusions yet. tonight we'll try again and see if we can get in.

yea i finally got to do some ulduar tonight and i was pulling around 5.2k dps on average(on XT-0002). im a fan of how we were changed up. now i can do decent dps on non undead mobs! and i can confirm that you definitely dont need the glyph of seal of blood to keep mana i didnt have a problem once.

the thing that allready bugs me is divine sacrifice. we toyd around with ignis for 2hours and it really helped when i used divine sacrifice and bubble on the first flamejets.....but this move kills my dps :/

15+ Year Old Account

got a WWS now. although it doesnt work good. gives ppl an idea how much dmg a ret pala can do now.

it seems all the fights are put together, so its a bit of a mess.

http://wowwebstats.com/cotv1hz3yicni

Quote Originally Posted by Svenskpally
    My dmg increesed whit about 500 on dummy. But SoB/SoM is not fun anymore-.- 1500 is my uncrit judgements for -.-

Still havent tryed any real PvE yet
    Same here, dummy dps went up from around 2.5k to 3k (far from BIS gear). Instance server was unstable so no raiding possible. We did manage to down the first tower though

edit: anyone else noticing DS hitting like a truck? did some pvp last night and the reduced recoil and increased DS heal (unglyphed) helped a lot.

also: wtb MS or interrupt. disci priests are just too much to handle!
    This space is available for rent!

Yes i must admit that i rushed into the wrong conclusions.

I was testing dmg on the dummy and those 3k SotM crits instantly caused a bad impression, and i wasnt even noticing the crits of the Seal dmg ^^.

But the dmg seems better after all. I havent raided 25 man Ulduar yet, but pugged 10 man VoA , the new one, without success, but it was good dmg for sure.

Its also weird this new rotation :P . For years i was used to go for Judgement 1st and now its CS ^^...i dunno its just weird for me.

Also i made another mistake. I thought the CS libram from Naxx was getting a boost, but i forgot it was the DS libram from venture coins that wasnt going to give crit anymore, therefore making the CS better.

50% of razorscale is sitting around waiting for new adds to spawn.

You aren't going to see great dps numbers on a fight like that.

So last night I finally went on a raid with my lil BE ret pally. It was a 10man Sarth pug with nothing but casters. I was the only melee aside from the tanks and the only pally. My gear is mostly 10man stuff with a couple pieces of 25man, just to give you a feel for where she's at gear-wise.

As with any pug, a decent player can expect to be top damage. And I was. The thing that blew me away when looking at my Recount was Righteous Vengeance. Pre-patch, RV comprised a lot of my damage. 15-18%. On the drakes, RV totalled 3.4% of my damage and only 5.4% on Sarth himself. The RV dot ticks for almost nothing now. I was still doing 3850 dps on Sarth with just Might, Aspect of the Pack, and MotW being the only real dps increasing buffs.

Overall, I see this as a dps gain, but i hate how weak RV and JoB are now. Before the raid, I picked up the Libram of Radiance off of the EoV vendor. CS is pretty vicious now and I like it.

Win7(64)Pro - Intel 3770K @ 4.5GHz - 4x4GB DDR3 G Skill Ripjaws X - XFX Radeon HD 7970 - Samsung EVO 500GB SSD