Advice on a Duel Spec DPS/Tank hybrid

I was a fury warrior up til 3.1., but am now arms til better gear. For my second spec I would like to have a dps/tank hybrid for running 5mans and situational tanking where I will not have to worry alot about achieveing a maximum protection. I know I'm not giving u much to go on without a link or a start point but I have to go to work soon. Here is a summary of what I am looking for.

1. I have a ton of extremely competitent (sp.), well-geared healers that I run with.
    2. I intend on chain pulling the shit out of 5-mans.
    3. I will never be MT in a raid.
    4. I have very good dps/tank gear, but most are not BiS.

Based on this I would like a build that will keep me alive, for the most part, while doing as much damage/threat as possible. Thank you for all opinions and entertaining troll flames.
    I <3 Rainbows!

Re: Advice on a Duel Spec DPS/Tank hybrid

Here is a spec I was thinking about.
    http://talent.mmo-champion.com/?warr...2&version=9767
    I <3 Rainbows!

You could take 3 + 3 points out of ragecost reducing talents and spec Anticipation and Vigilence.

Reason:
    5% dodge is great
    getting a 10% of someone elses threat is also great

Focused Rage is not needed
    Puncture is even less needed

by changing that you would have something we would call "standard tank spec"
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment

Artefacts:
    • In ordner to better fit the current post-truth zeitgeist, we are going to rename alle occurences of "artefact" into "artebelieve".

Actually focused rage is a very usefull talent. Especially in heroics where mobs/bosses hit less hard and you don't have unlimited rage. I'd say deffinately put 3 points in focused rage. As for the build that Crusiphix linked: Take 3 points out of shield specialization and 3 points out of puncture and put them in anticipation and vigilance. The resulting build is the standard 15/5/51 build a lot of (good) warriors are running with. For aoe threat you need at least shockwave, so 51 points in prot is necessary. 15 points in arms will get you deep wounds which is one of the best threat talents and the remaining 5 in armored to the teeth and cruelty are the best threat talents to spend those points in. You will ease through heroics (hell even with a 0/0/0 talent build you can decently tank heroics) and you can even mt a raid with this build.

Thanx for the advise. The reason I passed on anticipation is, since I will mainly use this as a 5man spec, I dont want too much dodge because it will reduce rage generation and reduce damage (since you dont get rage on dodge un less im wrong on this.) I didnt take vigilence because, again, it will be more of a 5man build and im looking for more +damage talents over threat talents....though I may pick this up if I cant hold onto bosses. I think I will try the spec I linked first and see how it goes...I thought I would be able to do more of a "hybrid" style then I ended up with; I thought there were more useful dps talents within reach or i wouldnt have gone so far down in the prot tree.

Again ty for the advise...I will prob go with your suggestions after trying out the one I linked.
    I <3 Rainbows!

Truth be told if you're looking for "hybrid" thats what they made dual specs for.

I wouldn't worry to much about making -something that can tank "ok" and dps-

If you've got both specs open to you, might as well take a standard tank build so you can pull mobs comfortably... just as you would spec arms without missing any extra damage talents.

Just my point of view.

Quote Originally Posted by Luris
    Truth be told if you're looking for "hybrid" thats what they made dual specs for.

I wouldn't worry to much about making -something that can tank "ok" and dps-

If you've got both specs open to you, might as well take a standard tank build so you can pull mobs comfortably... just as you would spec arms without missing any extra damage talents.

Just my point of view.
    I see what ur saying, but the reason I was looking for a "hybrid" spec is b/c I want to run through heroics as fast as possible w/o dying too much. The build I linked has worked very well for me and I have even put some +str gems in my tank gear. It is a blast to tank 5-mans with a "hybrid" build, even though it is still pretty close to a standard tank build. (Thats why I don't use all tank gear - b/c I can't get too far away from standard tank build.)

I have not used this in a raid yet though, and I doubt the way I have my gear setup atm will keep me alive in Ulduar offtanking....so i'll have to tweek that.
    I <3 Rainbows!

Warrior threat build since the start of WotLK has been 15/5/51. It is the best specc for heroics and raids under Ulduar, and it's been used by almost every tank with more than two pieces of t7. Go nuts and enjoy the high DPS

Linky

Take either Iron will or Imp HS - I go with Iron will because I use this build as my 2nd build and thus also for PvPing.
    Signature removed. Please read our guidelines. Venara