Wild Growth targeting with Grid+Clique

Went into Ulduar 10 last night and I noticed a bug with casting Wild Growth - I've got it set up on Clique so I can cast it on people I know to be in certain groups (melee / casters / etc) to heal them, but it was bugging out and it seems it was always trying to cast it on my selected target, not the raid frame I was hovering over. This proved quite annoying in fights like Razorscale where often I wouldn't have anyone targeted, which would lead to it auto-targeting Razorscale (from being attacked) and failing to cast WG due to range.

Given everything else with Grid/Clique was working fine, I'm hesitant to lay the blame with them, so I'm wondering if anyone else has addons or macros or anything else that don't work properly at the moment with Wild Growth or CoH or similar auto-targeting spells...

Should be pretty easy to test. Just target something out of range then try casting it (using Grid+Clique or whatever) on yourself. Anyone able to give it a shot?

Quote Originally Posted by Chronalis
    in soviet russia, mods troll you!

Re: Wild Growth targeting with Grid+Clique

yeah, there is some bug related to WG. i dont use any addons like clique but i cant cast WG with alt key. before patch i used this combo to cast WG on myself, now it just tries to cast it on my current target
    I have enough of EA ruining great franchises and studios, forcing DRM and Origin on their games, releasing incomplete games only to sell day-1 DLCs or spill dozens of DLCs, and then saying it, and microtransactions, is what players want, stopping players from giving EA games poor reviews, as well as deflecting complaints with cheap PR tricks.

I'm not going to buy any game by EA as long as they continue those practices.

seems that bug is fixed after recent hotfix
    I have enough of EA ruining great franchises and studios, forcing DRM and Origin on their games, releasing incomplete games only to sell day-1 DLCs or spill dozens of DLCs, and then saying it, and microtransactions, is what players want, stopping players from giving EA games poor reviews, as well as deflecting complaints with cheap PR tricks.

It still wasn't working last night 7-11pm CST.

Was this fixed after that or this morning sometime? I'm still getting the same exact issue. I can't even use a mouse-over macro with WG to work properly. I like to target the boss on fights, I can't use WG because it tells me out of range.

So annoying.

Healbot works fine. I don't use Grid + Clique because Grid won't display our HoTs correctly (at least I haven't figured out how to get it to.)

hmm either its bugged only for some specific targets or i was wrong. i still have this problem during raids. but im pretty sure that it worked fine while i was doing dailies in tournament area. ill check again in few moments

edit: this is funny. casting WG with alt works fine if your target isnt boss. this means that if i target normal mob, elite, player, npc and cast WG with alt i cast it on myself. but if i have boss targeted i get "wrong target" or "out of range" errors.

Quote Originally Posted by procne
    hmm either its bugged only for some specific targets or i was wrong. i still have this problem during raids. but im pretty sure that it worked fine while i was doing dailies in tournament area. ill check again in few moments

edit: this is funny. casting WG with alt works fine if your target isnt boss. this means that if i target normal mob, elite, player, npc and cast WG with alt i cast it on myself. but if i have boss targeted i get "wrong target" or "out of range" errors.
    Thanks for the testing. Very strange though... And annoying...

Quote Originally Posted by Chronalis
    in soviet russia, mods troll you!

I had the same issue last night when I had the boss targeted. Hopefully it gets fixed soon. :-\

I'm fairly certain that this bug only occurs at spesific times that I haven't figured out exactly what are. I have the same problem, often if I target the maintank it will cast him him no matter what. Also, I'm unable to cast it if I have a dead player targetted.
    However, I did some tests of running away and targetting someone in the raid and using WG through clique on myself, and I got the heal... So I do not understand the mechanics of this bug, as it isn't completely consistent. Friggin annoying though, I'm not used to targetting for WG...

Hey guys
    a simple way to work around this bug is assigning a macro to your mousebutton via clique instead of the spell itself
    macro would be like:

/cleartarget
    /cast [target=mouseover,noharm,exists] Wild Growth
    /targetlasttarget

also works fine with similar addons like click2cast

have the same problem, use grid and mouseover macros.
    unfortunatly i cant add the previous macro into my own macro because else it ll get to big (mouse over on enemy targets = casting on target of enemy target, etcetc).
    think im gonna have to wait till some fix

actually glad im not the only one :P was doubting my marco's already.