Ele PvP build - is Frozen Power worth it?

Hi;

I was wondering if sacrificing Lava Burst damage can be justified by getting extra stamina and Frozen Power.

I'm playing Enhancement now and I love Frozen Power, when used right and playing "pseudo-ele style", opponent can be rooted almost constantly.

Here's the hypothetical build:
    http://talent.mmo-champion.com/?sham...2&version=9767

I was wondering...
    1. Ele uses shocks in PvP mainly. That's why Booming echoes + glyph of shocking (a.k.a. glyph of earth shock) (reduce shock GCD)
    2. More means to root an enemy would mean easier fights versus melee. With 3 second Frost Shock, keeping root would be easy, if opponent gets too close, use earthbind root instead. Thus allowing us to cast more. Glyph of Flame shock enables us to Forget about flame shock for a period of time, focusing on keeping Frost Shock root.
    3. Thunderstorm isn't as juicy as Frozen Power IMO. Frozen Power means constant distance controll.

Well... I have some questions:
    1. Can you possibly count how much Lava Burst damage will drop? (judging from the build)
    2. I also wonder how this would impact Versus Caster fights, due to damage drop. But I'm almost sure than melee wouldn't be a problem anymore.
    3. I also think that because The Flame Shock range increase was moved up in the talent tree, builds with Frozen Power are predicted by Blizzard.

Re: Ele PvP build - is Frozen Power worth it?

Well i wasted long time thinking about such spec,but forme it looks like
    http://talent.mmo-champion.com/?sham...2&version=9767
    This build aimed for warr-dk-pal-huner-enh sham-rog but "clear" elem build will be better if you face caster like mage or lock. IMHO.

P.S. well i think its time to make 3 shamy (resto-elem-enh) or even 5 shamy (2 elem 1 enh 2 resto) teams - 5 grounding and 5 earthbinds...well it looks intresting, not so good to get "world 1st" but wery intresting to shamans who love arena )))))

My english was bad, but since I left EU for my own loc. server it become even more bad. Sorry for leaving You, EU :P

so far my experience with ele is awesome.

You guys are going in odd directions just to be different, plus READ THE TOOLTIP ON FROZEN POWER

if melee is on you you need to GET 15 yards away from them in order to use it, and if you are that far away again you don't really need it.

IMHO the new buffs to EBT and being able to use TS while stunned have helped me so much in pvp it's rediculous

Aside from that, ele is now BUILD around LvB, it's where all of your burst comes from, it's the key to winning a fight by using it at the proper interval to WTFCRIT someone. Also, shamanism is HUGE.

Ele is a damage spec pure and simple, you need to maximise it.

(ur glyphs are all wrong)

THis is my pvp build i have Dual specced: http://talent.mmo-champion.com/?sham...2&version=9767

Pepizaur: "Who are you to judge?"
    Brinsley: "Well I'm a paladin, I judge things all the time"

Quote Originally Posted by Kumcio

1. Ele uses shocks in PvP mainly. That's why Booming echoes + glyph of shocking (a.k.a. glyph of earth shock) (reduce shock GCD)
    .... no

Pepizaur: "Who are you to judge?"
    Brinsley: "Well I'm a paladin, I judge things all the time"

P.S. well i think its time to make 3 shamy (resto-elem-enh) or even 5 shamy (2 elem 1 enh 2 resto) teams - 5 grounding and 5 earthbinds...well it looks intresting, not so good to get "world 1st" but wery intresting to shamans who love arena )))))
    i would doubt the effectiveness, but could work if the enh sacrifices his OH-weapon for a shield and doesn´t move much, as you can´t use eartbind that frequently, guess the main-tactic would be pole humping and/or fisting down single opponents with collective lava-burst ^^
    Quote Originally Posted by Angoth
    I'm sorry that Blizzard won't just gift wrap awesome in a cup and let you drink your fill.

pepizaraus, you are all wrong No need to boast about yourself, read the topic question.

Besides, if melee is already at you, how well you play? :P If you are able to spam LBs, against who you play? Frost shock is meant for melee not be able to reach you from the very beginning. With talented earthbind, if melee comes at close range, you can easily root him with earthbind and regain frost shock 15 yard distance. Earthbind roots in the radius of 10 yards, you get the picture.

Hmm, I also think that frost shock + earthbind (talented) might be enough, but we will see... Anyway, I feel nerfbat for Frozen power :/

Our glyphs for PvP are OK considering we theoretize around not having thunderstorm and using frost shock constantly.

Quote Originally Posted by Omanley
    i would doubt the effectiveness, but could work if the enh sacrifices his OH-weapon for a shield and doesn´t move much, as you can´t use eartbind that frequently, guess the main-tactic would be pole humping and/or fisting down single opponents with collective lava-burst ^^
    Offtop:
    If enh use shield he got MUCH less MW procs = no heal = died faster... I cant win vs rogue if i use shield but same rogue cant win vs me if i pick duals...

If u wear shield you can forgot about MW at all, maybe u can score 1 or 2 points in 5-10 sec fight...but 90% that you will die faster then pick those points 

3 shamy team will be strong (like 1900-2k maybe even more but then there shoud be 3 "world best shamy") if they can use 2 earthbind + 3 groundings + 2 stunning fire nova well.

About elem:
    Kumcio said all right - if u use frost shock + earthbind well it even can be better then use thunder, but still this 2 ways (with or w/o thunder) means different playstyle and imho both can be good.

My english was bad, but since I left EU for my own loc. server it become even more bad. Sorry for leaving You, EU :P

Quote Originally Posted by pepizaraus
    so far my experience with ele is awesome.

You guys are going in odd directions just to be different, plus READ THE TOOLTIP ON FROZEN POWER

if melee is on you you need to GET 15 yards away from them in order to use it, and if you are that far away again you don't really need it.

IMHO the new buffs to EBT and being able to use TS while stunned have helped me so much in pvp it's rediculous

Aside from that, ele is now BUILD around LvB, it's where all of your burst comes from, it's the key to winning a fight by using it at the proper interval to WTFCRIT someone. Also, shamanism is HUGE.

Ele is a damage spec pure and simple, you need to maximise it.

(ur glyphs are all wrong)

THis is my pvp build i have Dual specced: http://talent.mmo-champion.com/?sham...2&version=9767
    Have to agree with you, up and to a very small point. I'd forego the Lava glyph and use the EM glyph.

Flame shock + Lava Burst + Chain Lightning + EM + Lightning Bolt = holyshitwtfjusthitme. Being able to use EM that much sooner means you're wtfpwning people that much more often.

Offtop:
    If enh use shield he got MUCH less MW procs = no heal = died faster... I cant win vs rogue if i use shield but same rogue cant win vs me if i pick duals...

If u wear shield you can forgot about MW at all, maybe u can score 1 or 2 points in 5-10 sec fight...but 90% that you will die faster then pick those points Wink

3 shamy team will be strong (like 1900-2k maybe even more but then there shoud be 3 "world best shamy") if they can use 2 earthbind + 3 groundings + 2 stunning fire nova well.
    MSW is an ppm, as such, would it increase the rate with wich we get msw-procs? doesn´t make sense. less strikes, more procs per strike.

also, enh wearing shiled would be because insane burst, you cant hope to get msw procs at such a high rate that you can heal against such burst, hell, even healers sometimes arent able to keep at that

were not talking about 1on1 duels, or 2on2 teams, in a 5on5 team there is great burst potential, and as as class/spec ( enh ) with little to no surv. wearing a shield at times can make the difference in melee heavy teams
    Quote Originally Posted by Angoth
    I'm sorry that Blizzard won't just gift wrap awesome in a cup and let you drink your fill.