Just wondering if this is a good weapon set up for combat swords.

So i decided to switch from fist/dagger to sword/sword, and currently I'm using Torment of the Banished MH / and Hatestrike OH.

I know I need a slower OH but hailstorm just never drops for me... So til then I think I'll stick with this, just wanted to know if it's actually better for me to stick to fist/dagger til some better swords drop?

Deleted

Re: Just wondering if this is a good weapon set up for combat swords.

Still Fist/Dagger + CQC should be superior, according to spreadsheets, but entirety depends on your weapons. If your swords are better than your fist/dagger, go for it.

Else, gogo respec!

Re: Just wondering if this is a good weapon set up for combat swords.

Slower.. you meant faster? Anyway, play as what you find fun. I like swords, so I was going to stick with Silent Crusader/Hailstorm. However on our first night in Ulduar I got Kinetic Ripper from Flame Leviathan. Since I have Calamity's Grasp and I like Fist Weapons (not as much as swords but still like them) I went with those two.

To me it seems like all specs are pretty close together and viable. Of course one will be a bit higher than the others. It's going to happen. It's not that huge of a deal unless you're in some SRS BSNESS guild. I mean, you have to spec right. Combat Daggers.. just doesn't do it, sorry. Subtlety with Hemorrhage and no Honor Among Thieves doesn't do it either, sorry. Other than that, the specs are close together enough in DPS that you can play what you like. That goes true for so many other things in WotLK. That's what makes this expansion great.