Suggestion- Make SoC Judgement hit as hard as old JoB

Hold on, hold on, hear me out. Lets take a quick look at the facts.

• No one uses SoC for anything. Check.
    • New Judgments are weak as hell. Check.
    • We need MORE burst and LESS sustained in PvP. Check.

So... lets make SoC the PvP seal. Nerf the Seal damage even more, make it a wicked weak (1K) proc (25-30%). Judgment damage would be the same as old Blood/Martyr. No recoil (folks would cry too OP)- so instead the seal damage is just weak as hell, and would never surpass Blood/Martyr for sustained PvE damage.

Any reason this would be bad/OP? I want my old nuke back for PvP atleast!
    Your signature is too big, please read the rules.
    It is not a paladin's quest to tank, to heal, or to dish out the damage.
    Instead, the paladin’s quest is to win, by the light, using any means possible.

Re: Suggestion- Make SoC Judgement hit as hard as old JoB

The WHOLE point was to decrease the burst in PVP.
    Yeah? Well, too bad. I did it anyway.

Well it's still good for grinding, eh?

SoComm isn't very dangerous in PvP, which can't be good given it's supposed 'role'.

I'd keep it as it is but add double damage component against targets under Repentance only.
    That'd be guaranteed 2x crit on Repentance, which breaks after damage unlike eating whole combos in HoJ.

Won't lie, would be strong, say a 10k on-demand with wings? but limited to cooldowns, giving up defense and the fact you didn't already spend it for CC, which is 80% of the time.

Right, sorry... daydreaming.

Kay.. going back to the Minimal threat-No interruption risk-Forget about MS upfront hitting, what we really need is a Fanaticism buff to aditionally, increase our Faith and Hopes of getting the job done with lack of said tools by 30% too.

Now that we have no burst, Ret sucks. We got nothing at all to help ourselves. Get in, do uh... sustained damage? Get bursted down. Try again.

I'm not playing Arena, butthe point is still there. I agree that Command should hit way harder, while the seal stays random and crappy so that Blood stays better in PvE.

• Quote Originally Posted by Endarius

• We need MORE burst and LESS sustained in PvP. Check.

are u kidding me? check your gear...and go do some duels...exorcism its made of pure win and heals +SS owns

Quote Originally Posted by jneboon
    • are u kidding me? check your gear...and go do some duels...exorcism its made of pure win and heals +SS owns
    I think they point goes to group PvP utility.

Ret is strong alone due to being a multi-class, a bit of everything - Yet arena is based on Teamplay.
    Sure golden lazors that could tear you a new one are nice addition, hands down, but in the end, classes that aren't as great end up performing better because of Silences/Interrupts/Curses and Poisons/strikes that cripple casting, heals and their outcomes.

That's blizzard's original mistake, designed Ret without thinking of those who can't heal.
    Ret could only damage you, that's all it did and guess what, they were just too damn effective at it.

So again classes that couldn't widthstand it (non-healers) cried because there was a mutha**er swinging an axe around killing everyone, entirely built around chopping healer balls without the help of any trick, and they were right - so they nerf ret.

This goes on until the day of patch 3.1, to this point we lost our only 'Surpriiiiiiise,
    bitch!'
    tool, an agressive martyr judgement which was the only thing capable of pushing a kill and forcing some cooldowns we had vs freaks of nature like resto shamans and holy paladins.

I don't complain, Ret is going to the right direction here, all that is needed is a viable 'kick' now that our damage is normalized and won't spike anymore.

Well, everyone keep saying that RNG burst is not very good for any attacker. Yet, that's every proposition I see here : keep the nerfed (on demand) judgement damage intact and buff the (RNG) damage of SoCom.

Either way, I see no good solution yet.
    Yeah? Well, too bad. I did it anyway.

i miss the old SoC....70% of weapon damage + holy damage.

even 60% of weapon damage + holy damage is good. :

15+ Year Old Account

nah..SoB is awesome the way it is now.

i havent pvp'ed myself yet besides some bastard allies ganking outside ulduar. i wtfpwned them.