Poll: How hard are you finding Ulduar? (past Flame Lootathon)

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ...
    kriS411

Re: How hard are you finding Ulduar? (past Flame Lootathon)

Well I think Ulduar on easy mode is a bit to easy (I think its well tuned for the most of the players).
    Most fun encounters are Mimiron and Yogg-Saron, they offer quite a challange (even on easy mode).

Aurirya and Iron Council are much to weak, Iron Concil is a one shot if you know the kill order, on Aurirya the only thing matters is the pull.
    I'm curious on the hard modes now, some of them sound really tough.

The Patient
    15+ Year Old Account

i think the difficulty in ulduar is fine for now

it's too early to tell for us, as we do two 25 raids and one or two 10 a week.
    So far, we failed on ignis in 10 man and on razor in 25. Sounds challenging

I expect a lot more progress this week NOW that we actually read the tactics

and, OP :
    Raid buffed Flash of Light heals for 5.2k/7.8k crit on a 1.01s cast. Why should I be spamming Holy Light and Divine Mortal Strike?
    Depends if you're FFA healing the raid. In that case, use FoL libram and a crit / SP build.

If you're healing a MT however, healing even 6k hp per second is a sure fail.
    Spamming HL is the only way to keep the tank alive without keeping _TWO_ healers busy spamming "flash heals".

My 0.02€.
    http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...fknight/simple
    Can Heal, Tank, DPS, and go AFK like no other.

1. Give your opinion to the poll.
    2. read the results.
    3. clear answer to OP's question.

GG blizz.... for once i can use that in context without the sarcasm!

Lhun

Sorry ThePilch, you are banned from posting or sending personal messages on this forum.

so far in 10 man ive cleared - xt, kolo, auria or w/e, thorim and got hodir to 1% with 1 tank that wasnt wearing frost resist gear.. my guild cleared flame, razor, hodir with out me but ive done flame and razor on 25

it seemed a fair difficulty, but i wouldnt be surprised if we walk in there next week and 1-2 shot everything.. we only have problems on ignis.. i wasn't there when they had 1 attempt and freya and 1 attempt on mirmon due to it bein like 4 a.m....

so with out doing those particular bosses.. i dont think it is so bad after you get the fight down.. unfortunately in 25 man its only tough because not every1 is as reliable =/
    (This signature was removed for violation of the Avatar & Signature Guidelines)

So far our guild has had issues with the instance server bombing during the first few days of 3.1 but now it seems to be pretty darn stable.

I find that the content is definitely harder than Naxx 25 and this is a welcome thing. Alot of folks were QQing on our realm about how Ulduar was going to be so easy and we will be farming it in no time. After watching a few guilds down Yoggy in the first week it reinforced this thought in some. I myself did not play on the PTR nor did I read terribly much into the boss fights. Yeah, I read some, but I want to be surprised and such. Many of my guildies did the same thing.

Our first night involved the much fun Flame Leviathan fight. Ignis was of course bugging out, but the hotfixes were implemented later on after we finished raiding that night. Mainly folks getting melee'd in his slag pot sucked. Caster one shot = fail, LOL. Razorscale was a totally new fight to most and after we figured a great strat, he dropped with style for us.

Currently we are working on the 002 boss in 25man and he is proving to be a bugger. Not sure why but after checking my recount, it was mainly some dps being too low. Of course this was noted and when we hit him up tonight, I expect him to drop. Our improvement on him was dramatic and exciting. I have seen him easily pwn'd on 10man since yeah... our team had top 25man raid type loots. We zoomed up thru Hodir and got a few tries in on Thorim.

Needless to say.. I am happy to give my thoughts that Ulduar 25 will indeed be alot harder than the previous 25man content. This will make those who desire a tougher challenge very happy. Plus we have hard modes yet to try. As for the 10 man. It's still challenging enough to not be a sleep walking 10man Naxx run. LOL, my guild actually liked running it as a 7-8 man as it was more challenging,.. and we still owned it.

Overall I think it's pretty good. Challenging, but not retarded hard.

In 25 man we killed loot leviathan quickly, and spent the rest of the first night with 800+ ms pings on XT. Second night got XT, Razor, Kolo down. Aurirya's pull was giving us fits after that.

We only did 10 man one raid on an off day and got Flame LV, Razor, XT, kolo, Aurirya, hodir, Ignis down.

Quote Originally Posted by Grimmli
    Council is easily doable with 2 tanks in 10 man!
    We did it easy mode Steelbreaker -> Molgeim -> Brundir and one tank can easily handle Molgeim and Brundir together in the beginning. Especially if you have one available with loads of interrupts
    we had a tank take brodir in a corner and tank him and our pally tank running about 38k hp takes steelbreaker and the other one. We downed it, no shaman for hero or anything. Its not very hard at all.

dont know about 10 man

For 25 man we have Yogg, Vezax, Hodir, Mimiron and Thorim left and a raidday tomorrow... think we will down atleast Thorim and perhaps another boss.
    Given the fact that there are hard modes left and that summer is comming ( ) I clicked on "Just right" although it could be a little harder - but I have no problem with getting my gear easily, either

Quote Originally Posted by highwind01
    but I have no problem with getting my gear easily, either
    like everyone else does, nothing special about that

With no addons or strats our 10 man got to mimiron in 3 nights of raiding. I liked that cause we figured out our own strategies, which was more fun than using the prescriptions of other guilds.

Phase 4 mimiron is a more difficult then i would like in the sense of the amount of instant kill abilities he uses.

Quote Originally Posted by tehmark
    From 10 man

1. Ignis is total bull with the bugs concerning ppl getting melee'd in the pot, makes it a terrible fight, OT having probs heating the adds because of the rapid spawn rate, eventually skipped because of bugs
    2. X2-Deco was pretty fun once we figured out that we should be dpsing the crap outta the heart, oops us, more fun than hard but we did wipe a few times due to light bomb ppl bein dumb
    3. Razorwhatever, fun for everyone but the OT and easy enough that we only wiped once or twice, forgot about fused armor and corrected before a wipe, Nice!
    4. Kologarn seems pretty straight forward but our pally ot kept having elemental adds escape, seemed odd, one of our resto druids couldn't seem to grasp the fact that he had to run his butt off when the lasers went to him, our OT was pretty new at tanking so we're gonna pick it up again on saturday with a diff OT,

Thats all we've got down in 10 so far, plenty of room for mistakes it seems.

I'm really concerned with the Iron Counsel coming up. I have no idea if you can do this fight with 2 tanks. It would be odd if blizz insisted you have 3 tanks for a 10 man. If anyone has done the counsel in 10 I'd be grateful for any insight you would have.

Overall we are progressing at a decent pace it seems. When we guild 25 it we'll have some problems however. We only have about 15 people who are experienced raiders so I'm not looking forward to bringing some of our more retarded people.

Everything seems doable with the exception of Ignis who can kiss my butt.
    ROFL We did the same thing. On 10 man, we killed XT without dps'ing the heart at all (which I think should be an achievement >.>). We could only get XT to 20% doing that on 25 man. Then we were like OOOOOOOooooooo dps the heart is good? -.-

Im in a good raiding guild, and after naxx this is really great !

We had got complacent after naxx, and it was a really fun wakeup call to wipe first on trash, then on bosses repeatedly too

Not too hard, a few hours has been enough to get each boss down, but we deffinately are not blazing through it.