Thread: Turtle Mount

Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Turtle Mount

fished up the turtle mount at around 6.15 european server time after lvling my fishing for 5 hours straight, a few minutes after the second server restart.

Don't give up guys ! ( near kamagua, howling fjord - fishing skill popped 240 after )

( ps, believe me or not, i yelled Blizz please give me that cute turtle mount, i've been fishing for 5 hours straight T_T !!!, a node after that, i fished it up, looting the fishing node for the second time )

after the turtle mount i started working on the dalaran fountain, got the tossing coin aprox after 6 hours of fishing, this morning i wanted to give that rat a try 'n got it in aprox 1.5 hours of fishing

Re: Turtle Mount

gratz :-*

warrior in my guild got it on the 3rd cast of the day.

if i yell at thekal will he give me zuljan tiger after 2 months?

yes, yes he will, but you'll have to ask very nicely, say u'd like that cute mount really much 'n mention the 2 months

didnt work, neither cat nor raptor

Wait two months, silly.

i already waited!

got mine last night. took me 6 hours of non-stop fishing - flying - fishing. i consider meself lucky for getting this one so fast, after reading people who casted a line over 9000 times (and i think it was about time i got lucky with a grind :P). i decided to focus on the turtle and let nothing distract me from getting it. i was prepared for weeks of non-stop fishing, maybe this helped :P

it is awesome. when moving around in cities i don't mind normal running speed, it is that awesome
    now im off to explore the underwater landscape blizz created for us to enjoy. can't wait for underwater world content patch

fishing only in pools, 550 modded skill is needed to not catch junk in the highest fishing areas. if you check the auctionhouse for prices on fishmeat and fish the most valuable ones to make a nice profit as a bonus. try to find an area that has many pools close to each other (dragonblight coastline, crystalsong forest, fjords coastline) and just go someplace else if the place is overcrowded. most important though is to fish in an area that's least boring to you to not completely lose your mind. install fishingbuddy to enhance bobber sound, you'll never forgive yourself to let one go away. perhaps even focus on some fish achievements in the meantime.

don't give up, it is a must-have for the self respecting traveller and waaay to cute to not have.
    you can also /wave while you overtake druids in swimmingform, finally ^^
    good luck!

this mount isnt all that useful for *my* needs. Its not often i end up in water and have to travel long distances. Gz though.

Gratz on the drop. I spend 1 hour a day fishing for the mount, i don't really wanna burn myself out doing it. I actually know someone who got the mount on the first cast, some people are just too lucky.

Cylon's Warcraft Blog - News, guides and more! Come join my community.

Quote Originally Posted by Dumbhammer
    this mount isnt all that useful for *my* needs. Its not often i end up in water and have to travel long distances. Gz though.

your don't seem to fit in the description "traveller", so *your* needs weren't addressed as such.
    thanks though

Spent about 8-10 hours fishing in pools since patch came out and no luck yet. Ive seen 2 people on my server that have them so I don't think its a unreasonable drop rate. I did get the pet from the fishing daily though so it will tie me over till I get the mount ;D. I also got a grey vendor trash item worth 100g from the daily.

http://www.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Burning+Blade&cn=Ap%C3%A1che

15+ Year Old Account

Only 5 hours? A friend of mine has spent 20+ now without it dropping. Guess I should reassure him that there are people luckier than he.
    Global Moderator | Forum Guidelines

I decided it was a good idea to try my luck fishing when i came home drunk on saturday night and caught it on ~30 casts.
    Ofc i had done 300-400 casts earlier in the day but still

Was fishing yesterday for Fishfeast mats in Grizzly Hills.
    I think it was about the 120th catch that i got the Sea Turtle ^^

It's a slow landmount but a speedy swimmer

im a lucky boy i have both turtle mounts

I got turtle within about 10 minuts of fishing *ducks* Then went to get some Herring in Fjord and got the Dark Herring about 5 minutes later.

Went from approx 150 to 300 in Ironforge... as Horde... on a pvp server... without Ironjaw... so my luck has it's hot and cold streaks (back when fishing was a bit slower).

Grats on your mount, and good luck to everyone going for it.

Kriis
    [color=blue]This thread has lived beyond its life expectancy. ... It's also met the forum quota for posters insulting the intelligence of their peers to grasp the age-old upper hand in argumentation, I believe officially coined by Plato: "Ur, like, dumb and that's why I'm right." Zarhym

it took me 3964 catches after a good 24 consecutive hours of fishing, I hate you all

Took me around 1800 casts, but it was so worth it!