Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ...

Re: Engineers + Flame Leviathan boss

Donate it to the guild bank unless you need something from it. If you do need something, just say in vent that you need it for X and I doubt they'll complain.

At least, that's how I'd handle it.
    That's just between you, me, and my pal Captain Winky.

I'm the only engineer in my guild that is a raiding main. I salvage the bosses and my guild knows what I can get from that, I asked if I had to give it to the guild bank, but they either don't care for it, or don't need it, or like me that much, so I can keep it. Today they didn't even bother to loot the bosses fully, or it was bugged - whatever, no one cared, so I keep the stuff I get from engineering unless someone asks me to share some of it.
    And in my guild the alchemists roll for the alchemist cases and keep the stuff inside or share it with people they like.
    Whatever they do, it's their choice.
    Quote Originally Posted by Parynziux
    So, you are clearly the biggest nerf to your class. Hush.

There's multiple engineers in my guild, but my view on it is I don't roll skinner's or herbalist's stuff, and they don't put all their stuff in the bank, so Ima just take the little I can get from engineering.
    Quote Originally Posted by PaladinBash
    I want to put Beastslaying on Val'Anyr and AFK in Dalaran.

everyone is saying Gbank it fuck that its because of u that u got those mats, i keep it all <(""<)

Quote Originally Posted by Dumbhammer
    I mean I've *never* seen anyone ask the Skinners to put their boss skins in the guild bank for example.

Here's a blast from the past:

"loot the dogs"

Where do you think this phrase came from and why?????
    And do you think being a skinner gave you any rights to the skins???

Molten Core, anyone???
    Back in the days we needed to acquire high demand weapons (zulian slicer / finkel's skinner) to even be able to skin the dogs, and core leather etc was worth small fortunes at a time in which grinding epic riding was a monumental task.

Quote Originally Posted by Abolishment
    Eclipsicolossamegatonational? There. I've captured the essence of your penis in one, perfect, 28-letter word.

Quote Originally Posted by Copain
    This. Even more so now that our Goggles are gone.
    This.

I mean wtf @ blue posts saying that crafted gear shouldnt be BiS or close to it, then they release tailor/lw recipes in ulduar that ARE...

things like eternals and titansteel bars i usually do throw into the Gbank, because i know they will find there way to something usefull for a guildy.
    however, any regular bars or engineering mats i usualy keep to myself. no real use putting those in the Gbank since the bars arent that hard to come by these days, and the engineering mats would just clutter up the Gbank to much.
    this includes any of the mech chopper mats there's only 1 use for these. so if they realy wanna use it for making the chopper then im willing to hand it out, thoug in not gonna dump it in the Gbank.

Where do you think this phrase came from and why?Huh?
    Hum yeah, but those skins could only be looted in the molten core. What an engineer gets from those bosses is something you can find (pretty easily) out of Ulduar. Same for the Alchemist's cache.

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Gevlad

"loot the dogs"

Molten Core, anyone???
    Back in the days we needed to acquire high demand weapons (zulian slicer / finkel's skinner) to even be able to skin the dogs, and core leather etc was worth small fortunes at a time in which grinding epic riding was a monumental task.

Apples and Oranges. Corehound Leather was needed for Molten Core Fire resistance equip. Exhaust pipes are needed only for a novelty item that only engineer can make and should be able to ride.
    You know what is better than drinking a beer? Brewing your own beer. And then drinking it. And then... Drinking another beer. And then, punching somebody in the snout! That's what!

Quote Originally Posted by astreios
    This.

I mean wtf @ blue posts saying that crafted gear shouldnt be BiS or close to it, then they release tailor/lw recipes in ulduar that ARE...

But this gear is BOE.... The goggles are BOP or, at least, they require high engineering skill, i don't know.

Everything in the raid goes to the gbank in our guild. The herbs from Freya trash - gbank. Alchemy caches - gbank. Runed orbs - gbank. Abyss Crystals - gbank. And the same goes for any engineering stuff dismantled from bosses.

Then again our guild bank supplies flasks/gems/enchanting mats at 1/3rd of the price of AH. Raiding is virtually free for us. We got our Shadow Resistance gear back in TBC free from the gbank. Didn't even need to pay for the generic mats. Our GM uses all the stuff from raids (especially the BOE epics) to supply gold for the gbank so we can get all the supplies cheap.

Professions are there to enhance your dps/healing/tanking, not to make money. Last time I checked Engineering actually gave enchants on items that actually increase your performance. In our guild people are expected to roll 2 professions that improve their raiding. If you want money, go do dailies.

personally this is a complex issue it actually has happened b4

in UBRS the last boss "the beast" during vanilla wow could be skinned by skinners

now it has a chance to drop a "pristine hide of the beast" worth a lot of gold

the arguement was should ppl get to roll on it? or shouuld it be for the skinner and what about the guild bank?

ppl supporting rolling on it say because the raid worked for it and u can't do it solo so without raids help couldn't have been gotten

skinners keeping claim but they wouldn't have been able to get it if they didn't skin it

also it can be compared to enchanters how they de the loot from the boss and generall ppl roll on the shards

here is the differences

enchanters disenchant the loot from the boss if soemoen could use it then they would not teh chanter it's real loot not mats

personally i think that they should just roll between the skinners/engineers and winner gets to keep it

if a guild has rules and you don't like them leave the guild but really

personally if i was only engineer and on my first run i was told that i'd loot it if it was great worthwhile loot i'd leave guild after argueing

that just me

Quote Originally Posted by AetherMcLoud
    Apples and Oranges. Corehound Leather was needed for Molten Core Fire resistance equip. Exhaust pipes are needed only for a novelty item that only engineer can make and should be able to ride.
    More stupidity.You can buy the bike parts from vendors,they are in no way an engineer only item especially since the bike can be used by anyone.You can have all the triggers,power cores and other engineer crap you want,the bike parts are way too expensive to "just get it" because you are an engineer.

Listen,Engineers,you CHOSE Engineering,nobody forced you to do it.When you raid,everything that drops belongs to the raid.Including mats.And for the genious who said "I don't care about the alchemist cache,i'm no alchemist",please think before you spew such stupid remarks again.It also contains flasks a good amount of them actually.Or do you not care about them either?

Quote Originally Posted by Gevlad

"loot the dogs"

Molten Core, anyone???

Yeah because we're talking about Ulduar which was released in 2005 right

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Agroculture
    More stupidity.You can buy the bike parts from vendors,they are in no way an engineer only item especially since the bike can be used by anyone.You can have all the triggers,power cores and other engineer crap you want,the bike parts are way too expensive to "just get it" because you are an engineer.

Listen,Engineers,you CHOSE Engineering,nobody forced you to do it.When you raid,everything that drops belongs to the raid.Including mats.And for the genious who said "I don't care about the alchemist cache,i'm no alchemist",please think before you spew such stupid remarks again.It also contains flasks a good amount of them actually.Or do you not care about them either?
    really?

The vendor bike parts you refer to can only be bought after you get the schematic for the bike.

And I could care less about the flasks in the alc. cache, I come prepared and am not short on supplies.
    Quote Originally Posted by GrinnersGrin View Post
    If Tinkers aren't the next class in WoW I'll shit in my hands and clap then eat my shoe.

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Agroculture

I too couldn't care less for those flasks, I have PLENTY of them on my own. How about I just don't deconstruct the bosses? Because I am the only engineer in the raid? Then nobody gets anything. And guildbank does get all the eternals and whatnot. But bike parts stay with me. Oh and before you say "you're raids is gonna kick you" or something like that. I am on of the top DPSers, I never die useless death, I'm a nice guy to hang around in TS/Vent. And with my guild those matter much more than some fucked up lootwhore screaming "I WANT MY SHARE OF BIKE PARTS TOO!!!!theone11".

And this:

Quote Originally Posted by Sativex
    really?

The vendor bike parts you refer to can only be bought after you get the schematic for the bike.

And I could care less about the flasks in the alc. cache, I come prepared and am not short on supplies.
    You know what is better than drinking a beer? Brewing your own beer. And then drinking it. And then... Drinking another beer. And then, punching somebody in the snout! That's what!

One must wonder though, can the bike parts drop if you don't have the plans yet?

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by bbr
    One must wonder though, can the bike parts drop if you don't have the plans yet?
    o.O

Good question. I deconstructed 4 or 5 bosses till now (we usually have 2 engineers in 10 mans and 3 in 25 mans who roll for who gets to deconstruct a boss) and never gotten a bike part out of it. None of the others did too.

I don't have the bike schematic because I didn't want to shell out 400 gold for a schematic I probably won't use in half a year.

But maybe I should buy it..?