Algalon Predictions?

Now that Inner Sanctum has really shown they never actually cared about the world first on Yogg-Saron with their heroic mode downings of 2 of the watchers so far, do you think they'll have the next two hard mode 25-man bosses down before Ensidia has a chance to rush Algalon?

Basically, do you think Algalon will be going down by the end of the week via Inner Sanctum or will Ensidia do a mad rush next week for their world first?

Include item level predictions and possible drops if you like too, cause hey, why not?
    If a shaman tells you that he can't tank, he's just not doing it right.

Re: Algalon Predictions?

No.

My prediction is that they do not even have the required gear for Algalon to be possible yet.

There is the achievement herald of the titans (not part of the meta) for defeating him without any gear above 226 ilevel, that is the 10 man..and will likely be very hard. 25 man doesn't even have such an achievement but if it did the requirement would be even higher, and that is for basically the lowest gear level this boss is possible with.

I'm gonna say it's very unlikely that he goes down by the end of this lockout, but seeing as a japanese guild dropped Illidan when most of them were still wearing T3 in BC...the gear issue can be overcome if you're really really good.

I definitly want to see a guild other than Ensidia grab a top notch achievement...it's a good character builder.

About his loot table, I'm guessing his non-hard-mode gear will be ilvl 239 and his hard-mode drops will be ilvl 250. Somewhere on his loot table there will probably be items called "Shooting Star", "Reaper of the Spacial Plane", "Supernova" or "Mul'kilnior, the Celestial Devastator." Basically I'm expecting some badass name to come from the one who feeds on your tears.

Quote Originally Posted by Malfollower
    II'm guessing his non-hard-mode gear will be ilvl 239 and his hard-mode drops will be ilvl 250.
    Algalon doesn't have an easy mode he is always hard so loot is always the same ilevel, there are some achievements but they do not reward additional loot.

Quote Originally Posted by NextMMO
    Algalon doesn't have an easy mode he is always hard , just some achievments.
    I thought the whole killing-for-a-hard-mode-achievement was a kinda Ulduar trend that always gave an extra higher level piece of loot....?

Quote Originally Posted by Xombo
    Now that Inner Sanctum has really shown they never actually cared about the world first on Yogg-Saron with their heroic mode downings of 2 of the watchers so far, do you think they'll have the next two hard mode 25-man bosses down before Ensidia has a chance to rush Algalon?

Basically, do you think Algalon will be going down by the end of the week via Inner Sanctum or will Ensidia do a mad rush next week for their world first?

Include item level predictions and possible drops if you like too, cause hey, why not?
    i predict he will have less mouths than yogg

Either way, world first on easy mode YS means nothing. Ensidia has failed ass this release and I expect them to fail more.

There was a day when every single raid boss was downed by Nihilum first without exception. Those days are becoming over, I think. If they don't get beat to algalon, some other guilds are doing something very wrong.

Would it be that suprising if every player in Ensidia had an 80 alt with BiS gear (possibly even the same spec) - i mean, they do get payed for it. It's not outside the realm of possibility that they are going to use this reset to try what inner sanctum are doing.

Frankly, if they don't do that, i'll be let down.

Quote Originally Posted by IceyDevil
    Either way, world first on easy mode YS means nothing. Ensidia has failed ass this release and I expect them to fail more.

There was a day when every single raid boss was downed by Nihilum first without exception. Those days are becoming over, I think. If they don't get beat to algalon, some other guilds are doing something very wrong.
    Nah they haven't failed, I just think that other guilds are trying alot harder *because* of Ensidia; just to show them wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by aerix
    Would it be that suprising if every player in Ensidia had an 80 alt with BiS gear (possibly even the same spec) - i mean, they do get payed for it. It's not outside the realm of possibility that they are going to use this reset to try what inner sanctum are doing.

Frankly, if they don't do that, i'll be let down.
    I never axctually thought of the whole alt thing...I've never heard of them doing such a thing but I could see it...damn that would be impressive haha. I don't think it's a reality though tbh.

Quote Originally Posted by IceyDevil

Huh? "failed ass?'. Yes that is exactly what I think when I see them getting world firsts, not that they are insanely dedicated (and good) players. As you apparantly have no idea, the patch was available in the U.S. first, so they automatically are gonna get screwed out of any world firsts towards the beginning of the raid. The only world firsts that matter are Yogg and Algalon, and those are what people are going to remember, not the guild who got world 37th kill of Yogg but first on hard mode. I ultimately don't really care too much about speed runs as I prefer slow and steady progression (that wasn't the case in Naxx at all of course) and Ulduar can deliever that, but I have to admire them for how fast they can get 25 people (plus a few replacemnsts/ppl that swap out) to be extremely coordinated. Now please, go eat your Lunchable, color your map for school, and stop posting stupid shit on these forums.

@ The OP....I can tell you with 100% certainty there will be no Algalon deaths this reset. There is a possibility we could see one next week but I think people will have to gear up more first (especially the tanks) because he hits like a truck (and then some). Unlike the other hard mode encounters, I think this fight will be extremely complex, probably more complex than anything out of Sunwell. He is supposed to feed on your tears, if he is at all what Blizz cracked him up to be, he will do just that....to even the best guilds.

I don't get it, why so many people are "hating" on Ensidia. What's the big deal? If they kill a boss first, give em some credit. If some other guild kills a boss, give them the credit they deserve. Simple as that.

Quote Originally Posted by PBitt
    @ The OP....I can tell you with 100% certainty there will be no Algalon deaths this reset. There is a possibility we could see one next week but I think people will have to gear up more first (especially the tanks) because he hits like a truck (and then some). Unlike the other hard mode encounters, I think this fight will be extremely complex, probably more complex than anything out of Sunwell. He is supposed to feed on your tears, if he is at all what Blizz cracked him up to be, he will do just that....to even the best guilds.
    Yeah I'm really hoping this is the case...and he'd better have a damn good loot table to make up for Yoggy's haha.

I actually think that Algalon isn't already "tuned".

I mean Blizzard need him to stand at least one Reset. It will be to hard, with some bugs maybe.. I guess Blizzard will tell us that they need to do more tuning on him; then they will nerf him a bit.. then fix some annoying bugs.. then nerf just a little.. and it will be beaten finally.

But it will be when they want him to fall.

They won't let Algalon The Raid Destroyer be beaten that early.. they got some credibility issues at stake ;D
    *French guy inside*
    *please forgive my poor english*

Quote Originally Posted by qae
    I actually think that Algalon isn't already "tuned".

I mean Blizzard need him to stand at least one Reset. It will be to hard, with some bugs maybe.. I guess Blizzard will tell us that they need to do more tuning on him; then they will nerf him a bit.. then fix some annoying bugs.. then nerf just a little.. and it will be beaten finally.

But it will be when they want him to fall.

They won't let Algalon The Raid Destroyer be beaten that early.. they got some credibility issues at stake ;D
    Not happening. A blue linked the achievement "He Feeds On Your Tears" and said that's exactly what he'll be doing. It will most likely be a prenerf Mu'ru all over again.

Quote Originally Posted by Goulashia
    Not happening. A blue linked the achievement "He Feeds On Your Tears" and said that's exactly what he'll be doing. It will most likely be a prenerf Mu'ru all over again.
    Huh.. that was pretty much what I was trying to say :-X
    Blizzard will nerf it / debug it when they decide they should allow us to beat him. Until then Ensidia and they other hardcore sponsored guild will cover the floor with their corpses.. again.. and again..

As my sig says.. I'm no good at expressing thoughts in english.
    *French guy inside*
    *please forgive my poor english*

Quote Originally Posted by Malfollower
    I'm gonna say it's very unlikely that he goes down by the end of this lockout, but seeing as a japanese guild dropped Illidan when most of them were still wearing T3 in BC...the gear issue can be overcome if you're really really good.
    i believe that was "the seven" a chinese guild. Many of them put on the T3 for the killshot and had better gear for the actual fight.

also, from what I understand, they used an exploit of sorts using offline players in the raid log in after other players died to replace them. Even with this, they still have some amazing skills to progress that fast.

Also about algalon, i kinda hope someone othe than ensidia gets him, but i doubt it will be this week. i see them getting to 3/4 hard modes done a day or two before reset, then deciding they'd rather go kill yogg-saron for loot to make it easier the next week.
    Even if they do get to algalon, sk gaming took 48 hours of nonstop raiding to kill KJ. if the blues are really hyping algalon that much, i'd hope it would take top guilds a little more than a few hours to kill him. guilds have to get all of the hard modes done and still leave themselves enough time to learn the algalon fight too

I think (Hope) that Inner Sanctum will get him first, he'll no doubt be hard and pretty cool. Here are some soundfiles which sound really cool; http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r2MwblTnb-g