Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Ulduar with randoms?

Howdy everybody,

I haven't had a lot of time to spend in Ulduar, but I managed it to put a random group together and check out Ulduar 10. Like most people I have to say, that I love the dungeon. It's def. much harder than Naxx and that's where my problem starts...

Due to a lot of different reasons, I don't have enough time to play in a regular guild and so I'm not able to attend at regular times and play the instance with a guild - that's why I have to go with randoms I find a long the way. But most of them are by far not geared good enough or they are not motivated enough to give a boss 4-5 tries.

Actually I'm not sure why I'm writing this, my wild guess would be, it's because I'm drunk but on the other hand I'd like to hear about your experience with randoms in Ulduar 10/25. Is it possible to at least kill a few bosses or is it just a waste of time?

Let me know! And get drunk!

Re: Ulduar with randoms?

At this stage it would be a waste of time, nobody knows what they are doing and pugs just don't have the dedication to wipe on a boss for 2 hours straight. Give it 2 months and maybe, yeah.

Deleted

Only! replying because of skilled grammar. ;D
    You'd be able to at least get Flame Leviathan down, possibly with one or two towers still up. If you have Ventrilo, skype, teamspeak or other means of communication, you should also be able to do Razorscale and XT-002 Deconstructor, IF you are bringing good DPS.
    Also, what server do you play on?

No xp with it but i would say... Flame levithan should be possible with a medium to high skilled pug. Razorscale with a really good pug but i honestly don't think you will get any futher, atleast not in 25 man.
    In 10 man you might be able to take XT-002, and Iron counsil aswell with a really good pug, i would suggest you to be SURE that all are atleast fairly good players before starting since you will get your ass handed to you otherwise and it will just be a bad experience.

Quote Originally Posted by dani4342
    Only! replying because of skilled grammar. ;D
    You'd be able to at least get Flame Leviathan down, possibly with one or two towers still up. If you have Ventrilo, skype, teamspeak or other means of communication, you should also be able to do Razorscale and XT-002 Deconstructor, IF you are bringing good DPS.
    Also, what server do you play on?
    Haha, what do you mean with skilled grammar? I know I'm far away from being perfect - but I'm trying hard!

I play on "Dethecus" - Char: "Facemelt" - DK Frost tank.

Thanks for the replies so far. I have to agree with you. We killed Flame L. after 4 tries but wiped at the trash before Ignis (lul) and got XT down to like 50%. But that was mostly because our group was bad as hell. I think with a better geared group we should be able to at least kill a few bosses.

Even though I just earned like 200-400g in rep costs, I have to say that Ulduar is awesome. Next time I'll do a hardcore item AND motivation check before we enter the dungeon and hopefully get out with at least a few bosses down.

have fun everybody!! I hope they don't make the content any easier than it is now...

My 25man guild is on yoggy right now (taking a break, we be trollin') and i would/will never pug ulduar. Naxx was fine because the fights were so easy it was ridiculous. Ulduar on the other hand is extremely difficult in the casual sense, so if you were to pug it, i'de pug it in a month or two. That or save some paycheck money on advil

on our second day of a pug, i only know 1 person in the pug and rest of it is randoms. We downed flame lev, razorscale, ignis, roboturd, kalagon and called it night. Not bad after 2 nights.

Ignis is a bitch

From my experience in Ulduar, I think 10-man is quit PUGable, but 25-man is not. For the moment. I mean, all bosses hit the tanks so hard... We're having a rough time as tanks but it's OK because we have the same healers and tanks for 2 years now, we all know how the others play and such, I as a feral druid for example know how and when my holy pally and priest will heal me, when they hit CDs and so on.

Btw, when I say 10-man is PUGable, it is but avoid the :
    [2. Trade] [Defknight] : Unholy DK LFG ULDAR I Rok lol 3000 ap lol
    Quote Originally Posted by Dark
    I dont know why everyone expects thing to be rebuilt after a cataclysm. Last time i checked, earthquakes dont fix roofs.

Quote Originally Posted by dotsdotsdots
    haha nap! ihr hordies bekommt auch garnix hin! l2p

Find a guild...

There are guilds out there that are very forgiving and will not force you to come, etc. If you do say you will come to X raid then yes they will expect you.

I have such a guild, it also doesn't use DKP or anything (though only lets the right people loot on the right gear, so no ninja). I'm sure you could find a guild that suits your need but thats still raiding. The guild is very friendly and while we progress slowly (and have to pug a few people in 25-man), its awesome for casuals.

If you have the time to pug, then there exists guilds for you. Once you are in them, your enjoyment of the game and raiding should be much higher.

Dethecus...lolsup
    Couldn't find you on the armory, but that's irrelevant.

One of the big factors in Naxx being so immediately puggable was the fact that, not only was it comparatively undertuned (versus ulduar), but the fights and their mechanics were generally known. Sure, most of the people doing naxx at 80 never saw it at 60, but the strats for those fights, the general knowledge of what to do and when, were still there and still valid. Right now, in addition to being simply harder (much harder on 25 man), the strats just aren't widely known. People are wiping over and over to trash thats actually pretty easy once you figure out the mechanic (except mimiron's, but pugs don't come close to making it that far).

Oh, other than that, at some point you have to face the facts; most people dont have the patience, situational awareness, team skills, and class skill (collectively, "experience"), to DO ulduar on their own - you know, analyze encounter mechanics, formulate strategies, enact strategy, reconfigure strategy to adapt to its failure, etc. Pugs will be rolling through eventually, but it will take time for the encounter nerfs to go out, and strat to become established and common knowledg (and my alt will be spearheading that, so if youre horde side and get lucky, you could find yourself in a pug with my druid in a month or so).

Didn't see this. O honestly think you are undergeared for Ulduar. Not to be mean, but honestly you should try and clear Naxx/Sarth/Maly first.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dark
    I dont know why everyone expects thing to be rebuilt after a cataclysm. Last time i checked, earthquakes dont fix roofs.

AHHHHH no, no, stop now! Don't let blizzard see this thread! I can imagin it now...

Blizz - 'See, I told you, content is too hard for casual players!'

Coz Casuals = Bad players

I think its gonna be a good while before much of this place is puggable. It is pretty hard and it takes time and coordination. There are a bunch of trash pulls that can easily wipe you. My guilds 10 man took about 4 hours to get through Auriaya. I cant see many pugs sticking it out that long to kill 6 bosses

Dethecus...lolsup
    Couldn't find you on the armory, but that's irrelevant.
    Did you check US and EU, or just US?

Quote Originally Posted by SFJake
    Find a guild...

There are guilds out there that are very forgiving and will not force you to come, etc. If you do say you will come to X raid then yes they will expect you.
    Yeah I would guess that would be the best thing to do, but it's not easy to find such a guild via trade channel, all others I know, are either too casual or in "good" guilds who don't need a guy like me, who isn't always around.

Quote Originally Posted by Asgard
    Didn't see this. O honestly think you are undergeared for Ulduar. Not to be mean, but honestly you should try and clear Naxx/Sarth/Maly first.
    I'm not sure which account you checked, but I cleared all of this content in 10/25 (only Kel HC is missing, but that's not the point)
    Here's my armory link: http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-sh...cus&n=Facemelt

Most of my stuff is naxx 25 itemlvl and I think I'm def. not undergeared for Ulduar. With 32,3k unbuffed and around 60% avoidance - maybe you catched me wearing DPS gear, which is by far not as good as my tank stuff.

Can't wait to get my foot into Ulduar again...

10 man pugged 3 bosses today. but there was like 4 of us that we knew and the rest were gear'd pugs

Quote Originally Posted by Old Coot
    Did you check US and EU, or just US?
    I realized after that he was EU and I'm US, oops.

Its worth mentioning, I think, that even "well formed" pugs with selective armory cherry picking are failing at simple bosses like Emalon. I went to a random one that was half made up of a "3d25" guild, and half hand-picked naxx25 geared pugs, and they wiped miserably and called it.

samuraibane

Quote Originally Posted by Eudaimonia

Its worth mentioning, I think, that even "well formed" pugs with selective armory cherry picking are failing at simple bosses like Emalon. I went to a random one that was half made up of a "3d25" guild, and half hand-picked naxx25 geared pugs, and they wiped miserably and called it.
    ALWAYS do bear in mind with all this "Cherry Picking" rubbish that having gear does not equal having skill. Someone carried through Naxx25 (I have done it with 21 people and 4 "more-useful-when-AFK" for a fast smooth clear because the raid leader was a manwhore that liked having the 4 "retarded-as-fuck-but-hot-as-hell" chicks in the raid) will have the gear and the achievements.

The real question I have would be "why are they not raiding with the people they got that gear and those achievements with in the first place?"...

Basically, people that want to try to be "smart" about all of this lean on the Armory way too much. It can be a useful tool, but it doesn't really tell you much. My main's raid set is T7.5/Naxx25 but I always log out in my PVP gear because honestly, I hate the look of the 7.5 and refuse to wear it unless I am inside a raid instance. Guess "Cherry Pickers" would pass me over for having shit gear?

Just something you might remember when you think about this stuff.
    "Hand Picking by Armory" is just not anywhere near as smart as you might make it out to be...