soooooo i cant find a dps spec that i like.

Re: soooooo i cant find a dps spec that i like.

anyone?

well.. 1st there is no spec amongst the 3 that are max dps.. not far but there are some bad choices here and there..

I guess you want a PVE spec.. not sure.. And actually you didn't tell us what you like / don't like.

Is the dps you do not what you expected? Are the mechanisms of the specs what you don't like? What do you like doing as a DK dps?

We need more information on what you want to be able help 8)
    *French guy inside*
    *please forgive my poor english*

i played a blood dk on the beta and i loved it but on live i went frost dps, by far the most fun spec imo
    they changed it around last patch but its still fun

heres the spec i use

http://www.wowhead.com/?talent#jfVMZ...osxfM0b:ksaMVm

rotation is
    PS IT BS BS OB [Rp Dump(aka frost strike)]
    OB OB OB [Rp Dump(aka frost strike]

when you pop unbreakable armor use it on a death rune and instantly use blood tap after

Quote Originally Posted by qae
    well.. 1st there is no spec amongst the 3 that are max dps.. not far but there are some bad choices here and there..

I guess you want a PVE spec.. not sure.. And actually you didn't tell us what you like / don't like.

Is the dps you do not what you expected? Are the mechanisms of the specs what you don't like? What do you like doing as a DK dps?

We need more information on what you want to be able help 8)
    ya i guess i could give you more info about it but what i dont like is the dps and yes for PvE but i like the spec but pre 3.1 i was 17/0/51 and was pullling much better dps right now on dummys i do about 2.5k and pre 3.1 i was doing 3k-3.5

Quote Originally Posted by khornate68
    i played a blood dk on the beta and i loved it but on live i went frost dps, by far the most fun spec imo
    they changed it around last patch but its still fun

heres the spec i use

http://www.wowhead.com/?talent#jfVMZ...osxfM0b:ksaMVm

rotation is
    PS IT BS BS OB [Rp Dump(aka frost strike)]
    OB OB OB [Rp Dump(aka frost strike]

when you pop unbreakable armor use it on a death rune and instantly use blood tap after
    Why don't you have Howling Blast - no reason to not have it or your not gaining the benefit of Rime..GG

http://www.wowhead.com/?talent#jfVMV...f0Vostc:kpaMVm

Is the proper Frost DPS Spec. Use PS/IT then Oblit and use FS to dump Runic power. When Oblit (yes it changed from IT) procs Rime then use HB.
    use Disease Glyph to keep resetting your cooldowns on diseases or use Icy Touch for extra RP.
    Steaküms 85 Warrior
    Éxpletive 85 Hunter
    Totums 85 Shaman
    Wholemilk 85 Paladin

"Our character is what we do when we think no one is looking"

unless you are hitting multiple mobs using howling blast is a dps loss because you most likely wont have time to use it in blood presence so you need to use unholy, also it doesnt hit for so much

... rime = 15% crit also fyi

and also epidemic + ravenous dead are a bigger dps increase than dark conviction

crit is not the best stat for frost

unless you are hitting multiple mobs using howling blast is a dps loss because you most likely wont have time to use it in blood presence so you need to use unholy, also it doesnt hit for so much

and also epidemic + ravenous dead are a bigger dps increase than dark conviction

crit "FROM GEAR" is not the best stat
    because we get 9+5+15+3 = 32% talent crit to OB
    and KM 100% crit for FS
    Reject common sense to make the impossible possible!

Quote Originally Posted by Talamare
    crit "FROM GEAR" is not the best stat
    because we get 9+5+15+3 = 32% talent crit to OB
    and KM 100% crit for FS
    yea its what i meant but the 5% from dark conviction, epidemic is a bigger dps increase and 2% str > 2% crit

Quote Originally Posted by siyeg
    ya i guess i could give you more info about it but what i dont like is the dps and yes for PvE but i like the spec but pre 3.1 i was 17/0/51 and was pullling much better dps right now on dummys i do about 2.5k and pre 3.1 i was doing 3k-3.5
    Well right now Elitist Jerk tells us that your dps against dummy (as Unholy/blood) is supposed to be worst than before 3.1 - Fact.

Now this is the Cookie-cutter spec for Unholy blood :
    http://talent.mmo-champion.com/?deat...0&version=9767

Those are the deep Unholy spec/glyph that will work the best with pre-Ulduar gear and T7 bonuses.

You can play with some pts here and there though..

Just some facts :
    - Necrosis > Dark conviction
    - Improved Unholy presence : You will play in Blood presence so the only bonus here is the +15% moving speed. So it's pretty useless on a spank&tank boss however alot of fights in Ulduar involve movements.. and you need to get to melee range for most of you dps

Rotation is :
    SS1->BS->BS->SS2
    SS3->SS4->SS5

Obviously, at the start of a fight, replace the first SS with a PS->IT.

I'm gonna quote Elitist Jerk for the use of Ghoule Frenzy :
    After an SS (If you do it after Blood strike x 2 you'll lose a death rune) pop blood tap and Ghoul Frenzy in order to keep yourself with your rotations while increasing your pet's haste by 25%.
    Well.. hopefully you will have some fun again with this and don't panic about your dummy dps, you will do just fine in raid environment
    *French guy inside*
    *please forgive my poor english*

However Rime just makes your HB reset and your next HB cast is Rune Free, so why wouldn't you want it, given it does add to your dps, you logic is fail single target or multi target, and if your multi target your going to be setting up with a IT/PS + Pestilience anyways for more dps. Not that Ulduar gives much reason atm to do that my point stands that not having it isn't going to save you anything but marginally less dps. Given the last few WWS reports I've seen from Ulduar shows Rime going off on bosses about 9-11 times per boss fight, thats 45000-55000 more damage based on a 5k HB hit which is prolly low balling.
    Steaküms 85 Warrior
    Éxpletive 85 Hunter
    Totums 85 Shaman
    Wholemilk 85 Paladin

"Our character is what we do when we think no one is looking"