The identity of the Infinite Dragonflight.

I doing levelling up my 3rd char to 80, and was doing quests in Dragonflight (again). I was doing the quest where you have to help your Future Self defeat the Infinites at that place. And the plan is to have the leader show themselves. Nozdormu shows up and the quest giver doesn't even consider that he's the leader, they just think that he's being captive or something like that.

Now I think that the Infinite are actually the Bronze Dragonflight from the future. Here is the following evidence:

One of the books (Sorry, can't get to the books right now, I'm in Ulduar right now waiting on MT to get back from afk)... it's either Day of the Dragon or the War of the Ancients Trilogy. Anyway, in one of the books, Nozdormu tells (Ronin I think it was) that he is sorry for the things he will do in the future, and that it is inevitable that it will happen.

Nozdormu shows up in the quest with your future self as the leader of the infinites.

The infinites obviously can travel through time.

What do you guys think? Sorry if I'm not too clear on what I'm saying, I'm typing it fast while I'm waiting for our tank, haha.
    What are the three things a wise man fears?

The deep of the sea, a moonless night, and the wrath of a patient man.

15+ Year Old Account

Re: The identity of the Infinite Dragonflight.

Time travel gives me a headache. I really just ignore the infinite dragonflight lore.. I mean.. how can you even begin to write that stuff?

Anyway it sounds like a good ol' case of Old God corruption.

Actually, it sounds a little more like Malygos to me. If it IS in fact Nozdormu, perhaps his vast knowledge of time in all places and times has lead him to believe that he must alter the timeline in order to preserve it, much as Malygos believed he had to obliterate magic users in order to preserve magic.

Yeah, I agree that it sounds like Nozdormu is going insane like Malygos

Quote Originally Posted by Taedran
    Yeah, I agree that it sounds like Nozdormu is going insane like Malygos
    Or perhaps not... who knows? Maybe it isn't Nozdormu at all.

Yeah, it very well might not be Noz. I was just posting my evidence, especially the one where he says he'll do something horrible in the future.

according to Specualtion on wowwiki this may be true this is copied from wowwiki:

Speculation This article or section includes speculation, observations or opinions possibly supported by lore or by Blizzard officials.
    It should not be taken as representing official lore!

Nozdormu's involvementWith the addition of the World of Warcraft: Wrath of the Lich King expansion, a new quest called Mystery of the Infinite is available in the Dragonblight. On this mission, Chromie sends the player to the Bronze Dragonshrine to divine the identity of the true leader of the infinite dragonflight. At the end of the quest, the player sees the long-missing Nozdormu, leader of the bronze dragonflight. Chromie states that this makes no sense, then brushes it off and says that she is glad that Nozdormu is alive and well. She adds that he had left without telling the rest of the flight "where or when" he was going.

Considering the fact that Nozdormu seems to have been absent since the trouble with the infinite dragonflight began, and also assuming that Chromie's divining process worked, then the leader of the infinite dragonflight may in fact be Nozdormu. This is further supported by the statements of regret that Nozdormu makes during the War of the Ancients. He apologizes to Korialstrasz for actions he would commit against him in the future and says that not even he can change his ultimate "fate". At the time, this was assumed to be his death. However, in light of the Mystery of the Infinite quest, it is very likely that the fate he was referring to was his role as the leader of the infinite dragonflight.

This raises the distinct possibility that the infinite dragons are actually former bronze dragons, perhaps from the future. This is supported by the fact that upon entering the Mount Hyjal instance, Indormi emotes, "Do you think the rumors about the Infinite Dragonflight are true? I've sensed it...the familiarity."

This suggests that the bronze dragons are at the very least familiar with the infinite dragons, if not actually past versions of them. What's more, it seems that the bronze dragons are beginning to suspect that they are related. It is possible members of this dragonflight are bronze dragons, or descendants thereof, that decided to improve on the future. But that does not explain why they are black, although magic could have mutated them. Furthermore, it is stated that if the infinite dragonflight is successful in altering time, the past, present and future will (would?) collapse. If the infinite dragonflight are descended from the Bronze, they should be aware of this as well.

The infinite dragons also seem to have ulterior motives than the initial dangerous disruption of the timestream implied by the bronze dragons. In the caverns of time, the Infinite dragons are involved in three out of four of the instances. In each of the cases of their involvement it can be argued that by changing events that occurred, they are in fact improving the future for the better, such as stopping Medivh from opening the Dark Portal which allowed demons entry to Azeroth, as well as preventing the actions leading up to Prince Arthas becoming the Lich King. Involvement in the case of Thrall's Escape from Durnholde Keep are questionable. Some would argue that preventing Thrall from becoming warchief of the Horde would allow the Horde to continue down it's old and dark ways, however others would argue that by preventing Thrall from changing the then-broken Old Horde into the stronger New Horde, the renewed conflict between the Horde and the Alliance would not have occurred, or would otherwise be less severe. In the case of the Battle for Mount Hyjal, it is noted that there is no involvement by the infinite dragonflight at all, which implies either that they have a hidden role in the conflict or that they consider involvement of the players to have the best possible outcome and do not interfere with their actions. It should however be noted that the battle in WoW is different from that of WCIII in many ways.

Oh sweet, that's cool.

there is a Sacntum door thats being currently worked on in wyrmrest temple with a "bronze" look, maybe we will fight nozdormu in some newer patch? or maybe we will find out at least then that bronze = infinite (time is also infinite...) ?

heck, only 1 of like 5 doors is opened and we have 2 more content patchs until WotLK is over, so maybe the last portal there will lead to the new expansion "th emerald dream"? i mean it would make sense, like we could see the emerald nightmare a second time (we saw it when we helped out that hero who was turning into the scourge...)..

makes sense to me...

all speculation...