Thread: PvE HELP

PvE HELP

Hey there i was just wondering after patch 3.1 what is the best spec to go for raid dps? I hear alot of people going frost..since 3.1 was live. then other people are saying go unholy, and people are using blood also. im oh so confused .

Your thoughts would be much appreciated thanks.

Re: PvE HELP

Frost: Significant DPS, huge Frost Strikes and Obliterates, only one useful DPS cool-down (Unbreakable Armor).
    Unholy: Buff to Scourge Strike and Plague Strike, Gargoyle, also good for dual-wielding.
    Blood: Dancing Rune Weapon, Heart Strike cleave, Blood Boil buff.

Blood is looking to be the lowest DPS right now. Frost can spec either 20/51/0 or 0/51/20. Unholy is 20/0/51. Dual-wield Unholy is 0/20/51. Play around with it a bit. See what suits you.

is frost dps really that ahead of the others?
    and as for blood vs unholy i did more damage as blood than unholy.

but idk i was dpsing on a dummy and havent raided post 3.1 so i havent seen how each spec scales in the raid enviroment.

im assuming the way dks scale in raids goes in order from most to least:
    1:blood- more benifit from AP slight spellpower scale armor pen and crit and haste
    2:frost- ap benifit spellpower scale and crit
    3:unholy- not sure if they need crit. ap and spellpwoer scaling

Quote Originally Posted by Amatlamittha
    Blood is looking to be the lowest DPS right now. Frost can spec either 20/51/0 or 0/51/20. Unholy is 20/0/51. Dual-wield Unholy is 0/20/51. Play around with it a bit. See what suits you.

You seem to be the only person who believes this.
    Unholy>Blood>Frost according to pretty much everybody's tests Frost is quite a bit behind blood and unholy.

Blood: You can spec either 51/0/20, 51/2/18, 50/0/21, or 44/0/27 and get great success
    Unholy: The two builds that are having big success are 12/0/59 and 0/10/61