Poll: Offtopic: Prot or Ret?

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

Ret Pala Gear Questions

Hi,

(firstly, im Belf so no free exp for me )

[Soz i cant link armory because my armory is bugged because i keep switching between dualspecs - so it shows a mix of prot and ret)
    Currently my stats are as follows (unbuffed):
    AP: 3663
    Crit: 35.69%
    Hit: 175
    Exp: 11

Comments:

-I FINALLY (yes finally- it never F***ing dropped) replaced my cloak (old -http://www.wowhead.com/?item=39404) with http://www.wowhead.com/?item=40403 - which made me drop further Hit (-21) ...

-I enchanted my hands +44ap

-Replaced my ring (http://www.wowhead.com/?item=39401) with a new ulduar drop (yey ;D) http://www.wowhead.com/?item=45106 making me loose Exp (-4)

-The only items i have granting me expertise are my helmet (the one from os2d) and Ruthlessness

-Maybe loosing another -28 HIT

Problem/Questionsf
    -How much hit rating can u afford to loose? - because seeing one of ur exorcism miss these days makes me /sigh.
    -Bosses seem to be Dodging a lot more of my attacks than me actually missing them... is Exp now more important than Hit?
    -Should i got for +20hit on hands?
    -Is http://www.wowhead.com/?item=44664 better then http://www.wowhead.com/?item=40065? - (probably is but i will have only 157 Hit then :-\)

===
    Off topic: anybody got any good sites//armory links for a good guide to prot gear

15+ Year Old Account

Re: Ret Pala Gear Questions

you cant afford to lose hit since 3.1 patch. same for expertise. both of these stats should be as high as possible. im really close to hit cap, but expertise is low. an auto attack CS or DS dodged is a missed SoB also. a miss or dodge can cause you to miss up to 10k dmg.

Quote Originally Posted by iktankniet
    you cant afford to lose hit since 3.1 patch. same for expertise. both of these stats should be as high as possible. im really close to hit cap, but expertise is low. an auto attack CS or DS dodged is a missed SoB also. a miss or dodge can cause you to miss up to 10k dmg.
    :P i still thinking gemming for STR is more important

Quote Originally Posted by Saurus
    :P i still thinking gemming for STR is more important
    If you don't have 230 hit rating, you should gem for hit instead.

And replace your helm with Titansteel, or try to get the boots dropping from Naxx 25.

Since 3.1 Changes, It's actually worthwhile to Gem for hit and Exp, especially it it also unlocks your sockets. Because of the addition to our FCFS cycle wit excorcism, and the reduced judgement damage, but increased sealdamage, both hit and expertise have risen in importance.

You don't have to be capped on both or either, but you should be close to both. Something in the realm of 1% dodge and 1% miss would be acceptable. If your that close, then strength is still your tried and true.

Quote Originally Posted by Scorpiodrush
    Since 3.1 Changes, It's actually worthwhile to Gem for hit and Exp, especially it it also unlocks your sockets. Because of the addition to our FCFS cycle wit excorcism, and the reduced judgement damage, but increased sealdamage, both hit and expertise have risen in importance.

You don't have to be capped on both or either, but you should be close to both. Something in the realm of 1% dodge and 1% miss would be acceptable. If your that close, then strength is still your tried and true.
    Scorpio, this is incorrect becasue hit will always be more important than expertise for a simple reason. It affects all of our attacks, which expertise does not.

Priorities are:
    Hit as close as possible to 230
    Exp adn Str at roughly the same level.

Why 230 as opposed to the cap for raid bosses of 263?

Quote Originally Posted by Tural
    Why 230 as opposed to the cap for raid bosses of 263?
    Assuming Draenei aura. Oh, I just noticed he didn't post anything about being alliance.

Quote Originally Posted by KanonGemini
    Oh, I just noticed he didn't post anything about being alliance.
    Indeed, he's a BE.

but looking at recount ... although my general dps has fallen ... im still only missing about 7 times (total combines ex/judge/cs/melee) - whilst being dodge/parried like 16 total .... on normal boss fight

As far as gemming goes: Hit > Str > Exp

Your first priority is to get hitcapped (I think it's 263 for horde). It's not better to get exp before str, but they are really close in terms of dps.

Try to get the helm from Sarth 2D (Obsdian Greathelm). It's better than anything in Ulduar.

Quote Originally Posted by Hein
    As far as gemming goes: Hit > Str > Exp

Your first priority is to get hitcapped (I think it's 263 for horde). It's not better to get exp before str, but they are really close in terms of dps.

Try to get the helm from Sarth 2D (Obsdian Greathelm). It's better than anything in Ulduar.
    i have that helm alrdy

gonna go for ironspring jumpers

Correct. I regemmed for hit and saw an improvement in my dps immediately. I was surprised however I welcomed the outcome.

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Adamson

Correct. I regemmed for hit and saw an improvement in my dps immediately. I was surprised however I welcomed the outcome.
    adamson with hit...who would've thought about that!

im only having close to nothing of expertise and its noticable. i see dodges too much. guess i have to use some expertise gems.

adamson with hit...who would've thought about that!

im only having close to nothing of expertise and its noticable. i see dodges too much. guess i have to use some expertise gems.
    I know right?

And get some t8 gloves scrub!

Still using the nax strength rings, I've got 19 expertise now.

Edit: WTB sif's promise

Yeah i need to shift a few gems around.. But im still doing 3.5k dps in uludar 10 man. I would be doing alot more but some of the fights i have to off heal a bit and it drops my dmg by alot.. (hodir, ignis, Xt come to mind)

I have about 200 hit so i was hoping to get a few new items in uludar with the hit on them.. Anyone know what the expertise cap is? My guess is 24 .. not sure if its right or not..