How can I do that... ( with kgPanels )

Hi,

so I just downloaded KgPanels and I really dont understand how its working.

I saw this bieautiful UI with the black shade at the bottom of the ui and I would like to have that too.
    http://usera.imagecave.com/lunari/Wo...509_212943.jpg

If anyone could explain me how to get that type of graphic with KgPanels, I would really appreciate it.

Thx a lot.

Buz

Re: How can I do that... ( with kgPanels )

I am pretty sure that the black shading isn't kgPanels. kgPanels places the border around the spell icons. You can see the border in that screenshot. That border affect is pretty cool tho.

Win7(64)Pro - Intel 3770K @ 4.5GHz - 4x4GB DDR3 G Skill Ripjaws X - XFX Radeon HD 7970 - Samsung EVO 500GB SSD

I'm not sure how they did it, but I can guess. The bottom shaded graphic is simply one long panel with the border turned off. All they did is set a vertical gradient. The box around all the action buttons is a simply another panel with the fill set to 0% so the panel background is transparent. The actual borders for the action bar buttons is done by using a bar mod such as bartender combined with button facade. I haven't used kg much (familiar with eepanels) so I can't walk you through all the options, but it should be very easy to setup.

well is eepanels better then kgpanels ?

I dont find any "visual graphic" option in kgpanels... it seems that I have to load an other file to get graphics... but I dont know what file lol, is it an image or something that I have to do in photoshop? if so what type of image ? .esp .psp .jpg ?

any ideas ?

thats a bottom glow addon

seriously I dont think so, im pretty sure its just a visual graphic addon and I tough kgpanels could do that.

Here's the list of addon she is using in the screen shot

Bartender4
    OmniCC
    Pitbull
    Prat
    KgPanels
    Recount
    Omen
    SexyMap
    Elkano's Buff Bars*
    Grid*
    YATA

I don't think it's any visual graphic. It really just looks like one panel that has been given a vertical gradient. I can tell you how I would do it. Create a new panel, disable the border, set the background to black and 100% opacity, set the gradient to vertical and then set the width to match your screen and drag it to the bottom where you want it. You can change the height to stretch the gradient and then move the panel vertically so you have as much or as little of the bottom fading effect as you want.

Also as to your other question...I believe kgpanels essentially replaced eepanels, but I quit using panel addons because it was too much effort to rebuild my UI every patch.

Here is a wiki article that might help you learn how to utilize all the tools kgpanels has to offer:

http://www.wowace.com/projects/kg-pa...kg-panel-wiki/

Imo it's kgpanels with gradient background.
    (This signature was removed for violation of the Avatar & Signature Guidelines)

(imo) not a great UI but w/e, personal preference and such

Its definitely just KgPanels with a gradient and another with the standard Blizzard border
    I'd post the exact way to set one up, but servers are down