Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Dying from rogues way too fast since 3.1

I was looking at patch notes but couldn't find anything that could explain me why is my hp falling down so fast since 3.1 from rogues.
    First i thought "that must have been some pve geared rogue so he got me down so fast" but later I noticed it was like that with most rogues. I have 700res in pvp gear atm. I had ~600 before patch but I feel weaker now vs rogues.
    Does anyone else feel very fragile since last patch and if he does could he explain me what increased their damage so much?

http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Al%27Akir&n=Isabis

Re: Dying from rogues way too fast since 3.1

I joined WSG half way through a game, so was stuck in my Enhancement PvE spec, so I was stuck with like, 0 resilience, and very little PvP utility, not like it would have helped me much anyway.

But yeah, spawned, walked down towards the middle, sapped, killed in about 5 seconds by a rogue. Res'd, walked into the middle to head for the dude with the flag, sapped, got attacked by a rogue, popped Shamanistic Rage, still died before I could even move. Next time, happened again, but I just about managed to survive 1 stun, throwing down cleansing totem, earthbind, and poping spirit wolves, and still got killed. Yeah sure, I don't expect to beat a rogue 1v1, especially in PvE spec and gear, but normally, if I get jumped by a rogue, I could tend to survive the inital burst, and make some sort of attempt at recovering myself. And this is before I could use SR when stunned.

Havn't really had any 1v1 fights with a rogue in my Elemental PvP spec, they always seem to be accompanied by some DK or something stupid, and just insta gib me whilst I slowly attempt to walk away...

Quote Originally Posted by DarkChaotix
    so I was stuck with like, 0 resilience, and very little PvP utility
    Originally Posted by Zarhym (Blue Tracker)

I'm honestly frightened by what is taking place on the BlizzCon forum.

People still don´t get this?

PVP is only balanced if rogues always win. It´s been like this for over four years, get in the game people!
    My whineposts are better than yours.

Welll... i remember a time, where they weren't as op as now again... and this wasn't long ago :P

Mby its because of the improved armor penetration ?

But its true, his burst is insane imbalanced by now, simple 2 shot everything with 600/700 res.

your an idiot never post again.
    0 resilience I wonder why you died so fast
    you probably got killing spree popped on you
    cause mutilate pvp spec has not been buffed. so stop complaining.
    Rogues are finally where they should be in PvE and there is no reason to change anything for the worst again.
    So get some resilience, shut up, and sit down.

PS. good players can beat a rogue, retards will fail

Rogue pvp burst was nerfed in 3.1 (removal of backstab glyph) our sustainted dps was raised (in pvp spec it would come in the form of the Mutilate glyph) all in all you should have an easier time with rogues now than in 3.1.

I was actually teaching a guildie how to play against rogues last night before Ulduar. What are you doing vs them?

(or as the poster above me said you may have taken a single target killing spree...in which case GG)

Deleted

A rogue in top gear popping killing spree and a few crits will tear through anyone with 0 res... Most dps classes will...
    And I remember too when rogues were weak, the last year of Vanilla WoW, rogues were a joke unless they had tier3. I always targeted them with my priest in AV because they were a free kill, just getting a dot on them and they were toast.

I don't have much insight on the situation, but I agree with the sentiments of the OP. Rogues appear to be doing MUCH more damage in PvP than they did in Season 5. This is not a complaint, so much as it just sort of seems to be true. I believe most of the rogues in question were mutilate spec. Did just a new Glyph really change their DPS that much?

Quote Originally Posted by Yepp
    People still don´t get this?

PVP is only balanced if rogues always win. It´s been like this for over four years, get in the game people!
    Not really. If you believe rogues to still be gods in Wotlk the issue lies with you, not with the rogue class.
    “I got in a fight one time with a really big guy, and he said, "I'm going to mop the floor with your face." I said, "You'll be sorry." He said, "Oh, yeah? Why?" I said, "Well, you won't be able to get into the corners very well."”
    -Emo Phillips

Quote Originally Posted by Gzilia
    I know, and I never expected to beat the rogue, but normally, if I'm out doing dailys/whatever, and a rogue jumped me, I'd at least be able to attempt to move away.

And I never complained, as I said, I never expected to win. Killing spree wasn't popped on me.

Quote Originally Posted by peacekeeper9
    your an idiot never post again.
    0 resilience I wonder why you died so fast
    you probably got killing spree popped on you
    cause mutilate pvp spec has not been buffed. so stop complaining.
    Rogues are finally where they should be in PvE and there is no reason to change anything for the worst again.
    So get some resilience, shut up, and sit down.

PS. good players can beat a rogue, retards will fail
    I lol'd at your login when I saw your post, really :

Stopped pvping (in BGs, meaning you will always be on your own) with my shaman a long time ago, mostly because of rogues. (resi doesn't help that much)

Face it, the only class spec that can easily beat a rogue which has initiative, are prot war. I love my prot war btw, wonder why.

As enhancement spec beating a rogue has always been pretty tough.

But as Resto it was never a problem until armour penetration became a large factor one of the main reasons we was able to beat rogues was because of our armour and earth shield.
    Nowadays the armour penetration buff has taken away one of our enormous advantages we had when they practically mitigate our shield with there armour penetration.

I guess its back to the drawing board for shamans vs rogues, still Wow is a learning experience every patch you have to learn how to beat the new flavour of the month... so just think in theory since we will never be flavour of the month we should all be able to beat every class in its flavour of the month spec soon since virtually every class has now been flavour of the month

So I guess you could look at it as a challenge no other class can say they have been underpowered since the begining of BC so... soon all Shaman players should be the best pvp players in game Woot go us

...or we will die once again for another patch which ever comes first.
    Functionless Art is Merely Tolerated Vandalism

Deleted

I have a foolproof method for avoiding dying to rogues. This has proved so successful I have NEVER died even once to rogues since patch 3.1 hit. Anyone who has followed my posts here will know the method too.

Deleted

[Scissors]: Paper is fine, nerf Rock

Quote Originally Posted by SadWarrior
    [Scissors]: Paper is fine, nerf Rock
    Quote of the month

Quote Originally Posted by Levva
    I have a foolproof method for avoiding dying to rogues. This has proved so successful I have NEVER died even once to rogues since patch 3.1 hit. Anyone who has followed my posts here will know the method too.
    Me too, I now PVP with my Arms warrior. Works wonders.

Quote Originally Posted by Unexista
    Lovely to see those facerolling naabs QQ....enjoying every line I read of this whinefest.
    Really what do you expect......oh I'm an imba shammy ...i just stare rogues to death?
    And be honest...you love the new armor pen. too....ah at least I do. :-*
    Shamans havent been able to faceroll in pvp since the days of 60 windfury and hand of rag.
    Rogues managed it for 4 seasons of pvp. I used to play one myself, i know how easy it was to play.

Stop denying your damage vs anything as muti. You'll kill it all with a brain and the target cant do shit to respond.

Shamans facerolling? lolk
    Colour my life with the chaos of trouble.