Page 1 of 2
LastLast

[Balance] Tier 8.5 Stats... Joke?

I may have already missed QQ when the stats were first made available, but jesus christ.

I just got the Shoulders from Yogg and wtf... losing 1% Hit and 2.3% Haste for a lousy 1% Crit and an additional 9 Spell power!?

Do they even know how to itemise for Balance anymore?

I've also been reading that the 4 set bonus is on like 3 min internal CD...

Unless something changes with this Tier dramatically, ill be saving all my DKP for cloth...

Re: [Balance] Tier 8 Stats... Joke?

so..
    if you're whining so much about the stats
    why did you take the shoulders then anyways?

15+ Year Old Account

So...if you thought the t8 shoulders were crap, why on earth did you take em' when someone else might have gotten a better upgrade? Sounds like you just took them cause they're t8.

I wasn't aware of the ridiculous internal CD on the 4 Set Bonus until this morning, Yogg was killed last night.

I could have lived with losing that hit/haste on the shoulders, if the set bonus was to live up to its initial "OMGWIN" factor.

Don't get me wrong... Overall, the Tier8 stats arn't TERRIBAD to the degree that its hardly an improvement to Tier 7 (once you have the full set), but losing that amount of haste for such a lack luster set bonus is just... well, sickening.

I just hope there are some insane haste stats on non-tier pieces.

Firstly id like to say Gz on the kill,

and 2ndly do they still drop tokens? if they do how could you have known the stats till you ot the shoulders?

but yes so far it appers to me its not the T items that are the biggest upgrades its the Inbetween items then again i havent looked much for balance as i dont play balance myself.

15+ Year Old Account

I really love the T8, since the stats are so bad (except for legs) you can look for any other interesting gear without having to get stuck to 4 pieces like t7

Druids are longing for freedom, T8 set gives it to them ;D
    Oh, hi.

Quote Originally Posted by Cantthink
    Firstly id like to say Gz on the kill,

and 2ndly do they still drop tokens? if they do how could you have known the stats till you ot the shoulders?

but yes so far it appers to me its not the T items that are the biggest upgrades its the Inbetween items then again i havent looked much for balance as i dont play balance myself.
    Thanks

Yes, tokens are still dropped but i think the point others were making is that i should have checked the Stats on Wowhead or something first before making the decision to take the Token.

Either that, or Trolling

But as you said, hopefully Belts, Bracers, Cloaks, Rings, Necks and Trinkets will make up for the missing Haste.

Quote Originally Posted by Ysilla
    I really love the T8, since the stats are so bad (except for legs) you can look for any other interesting gear without having to get stuck to 4 pieces like t7

Druids are longing for freedom, T8 set gives it to them ;D
    The reason we are/were longing for Freedom from Tier was because the Tier generally sucked (which has happened again) but, as you said, we was stuck to it due to the 4set bonus.

I'd rather them make a GOOD tier set that makes us WANT to use it, other than ignore it completely and use random pieces of leather and cloth for BIS.

In my eyes, Tier is meant to be what defines your character class. So why would they fail so miserably on the stats that no-one would want to take it?

The only thing i can think of is they are trying to force us to use Wrath instead of Starfire (replacing haste with crit, changing idols and set bonuses to benefit IS which in turn benefits Wrath).

Re: [Balance] Tier 8.5 Stats... Joke?

you can see the stats at the Tier Set vendor, tbh, go whatever is an upgrade if the Set bonus owns the better stats on cloth pieces, go for it. If not, stay with yar cloth pieces.

I think i remeber reading some where they were trying to make Wraith more useable as IIRC it was slightly behind Starfire last patch, but gimping gear to make Wraith more appealing probably isnt the way to go about it. what i would say is dont put your T8 shoulders on unless you have 5/5 t7 its pointless losing your 4 set bonus over some crap shoulders untill you get at lest 2 bits of t8.

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Ikkatsu
    In my eyes, Tier is meant to be what defines your character class. So why would they fail so miserably on the stats that no-one would want to take it?
    This is exactly what T8 is, in blizzard eyes at least. Currently blizzard sees moonkin as a class with high spirit, which also means less DPS, and that is exactly what T8 gives us.
    Oh, hi.

For warlocks, some T8 bits are upgrades, some are slight downgrades for my current gear.

So I have to agree with the OP.

T8 25 man should be a clear upgrade on all pieces.
    [center]Ultemicia - Warlock

All 10/25 Ulduar Content Cleared - Except Algaon. Working on hard modes!
    All 10/25 WotLK Content Cleared - Including Sartharion + 3 Drakes

Bloodscalp EU

Ultemicia - Lv80 Warlock
    Tungusic - L80 Restoration Shaman
    Ingafel - L75 Rogue (In progress)
    Ratenu - L70 Prot Warrior (In progress)

Quote Originally Posted by Lavindathar
    T8 25 man should be a clear upgrade on all pieces.
    This.

You rly dont get it ?
    Conqueror's Nightsong Garb
    Conqueror's Nightsong Garba
    Conqueror's Nightsong Garbag
    Conqueror's Nightsong Garbage

Quote Originally Posted by Madus
    You rly dont get it ?
    Conqueror's Nightsong Garb
    Conqueror's Nightsong Garba
    Conqueror's Nightsong Garbag
    Conqueror's Nightsong Garbage
    True, yet unnecessary

I switched from my Holy Pally to my Boomkin in Wrath (specially now for Ulduar) and got boned on both toons with our tier sets. I'm guessing I'm just going to use the legs and maybe the helm of our T8 for the bonus and stick to the T7 2p bonus and just got from there with all cloth gear. I'm extremely disappointed with the itemization on the tier gear ><

I can't even find a suitable weapon to use til the hard mode gear or the dagger from YS... and even THEN i'll have to fight off every other caster with a bat for it

FML

No one knows what the true CD is on the 4pc bonus... 3minutes was likely a placeholder, it's more realistic that it will be 45sec as has been discussed on EJ lately. Stop the QQ until someone gets 4pc and the benefit has been assessed.

Quote Originally Posted by Ikkatsu
    I may have already missed QQ when the stats were first made available, but jesus christ.

I just got the Shoulders from Yogg and wtf... losing 1% Hit and 2.3% Haste for a lousy 1% Crit and an additional 9 Spell power!?

Do they even know how to itemise for Balance anymore?

I've also been reading that the 4 set bonus is on like 3 min internal CD...

Unless something changes with this Tier dramatically, ill be saving all my DKP for cloth...
    Sounds like you need to download atlasloot (which has the teir sets) so you can look at shit and make a decision about stuff like this before you roll, also try downloading ratingbuster which breaks down and gives you a list of stats you gain and loose on the bottom of an items tooltip

edit: used the word stats like 4 times in one sentence...redundancy is redundant =P

As a Balance druid, i completely agree with the fact that we got smashed in the face with the T8/T8.5 set's stats..

if anything ill be sticking with only a max of 2p,t8.. probably keeping with a few t7.5 as the stats on them are still to my liking..

but by the looks of things with more crit being on the peices ill be useing (legs, shoulders for t8 and helm, chest, gloves t7.5) i might have to revert back to using eclips to benifit wrath..

but i havnt looked too deep into the loot list yet so, this might end up changing =\

^ This.

I'm still waiting to see what pieces are discovered from Ulduar before I make my final decision. We've only scratched the surface of the loot and encounters so...eh. Til then.. time to start pissin off clothies with a vengeance >