50/0/21 Blood Raid DPS Possibility + Personal macro

heres my spec. - 50/0/21. . http://talent.mmo-champion.com/?deat...0&version=9806 Now, heres the macro. <SINGLE target by the way, not an AoE Macro>

/castsequence reset=6 Plague Strike,Icy Touch,Death Strike,Heart Strike,Heart Strike,Unholy Blight,Death Strike,Death Strike,Pestilence,Heart Strike,Death Coil, Death Coil,Heart Strike,Heart Strike,Heart Strike,Heart Strike,Heart Strike,Heart Strike

Try it out and let me know what you think. - 1 Button Macro. Spam it and enjoy

Re: Blood Raid DPS. + Personal macro

reset=6

wouldnt this reset every 6 seconds, thus only first 4-5 moves usable?
    Reject common sense to make the impossible possible!

Re: Blood Raid DPS. + Personal macro

I haven't had any problems that I know of because of that, it uses every ability. I believe the 6 only comes in if you dont press it for 6 seconds?

Re: 50/0/21 Blood Raid DPS Possibility + Personal macro

1 button macros fail. If your IT or PS miss, you've just gimped your entire rotation.

As for the actual rotation, you seem to be using DS at times when you won't have enough RP to max out its damage.

Your spec seems a little strange too. 3 points in Outbreak instead of Morbidity? Why? 30% extra damage on your PS (which you use very infrequently) over 15% more damage on your Deathcoils (and reduced DnD cooldown which can be useful sometimes)?

http://talent.mmo-champion.com/?deat...0&version=9806

Imp PS is definitely not needed if your blood, You will only use it for the sole purpose of applying the disease for bonuses to your BS,HS,BB. and to maximize dps from your auto DC morbidity. NOTD is very good to increase dps raid wide because of the 10 min CD on AOTD, not to mention you can have your ghoul up for some extra dps frequently and its a good survival mechanism to have Death pact usable every 2 mins.

I wouldn't use a macro. Get rune watch or something to keep an eye on your runes. If you time it right, you can have HSx2 followed by DSx2 or HSx6 with 2 blood runes and 4 death runes.

Single target = IT PS DS HS HS DC HS HS DS DS RPD

AOE = IT PS Pes BB DS BB BB BB

The dps increase in BB is amazing to me but I've really never used it before. With that AOE rotation my BB was hitting for ~35k total on multiple targets (I have an addon that adds the hits all together I think its msbt)

Pre 3.1 I was an unholy macro user at around 3.5k dps. With keeping an eye on my runes and maximizing my use of death runes, added to the increase in BB, I've finally made it over the 4k mark. I know for some that isn't that hard, but considering my guild isn't farming Ulduar, it's good for me.

Bottom line (and im not flaming here) LTP your character, keep an eye on your runes, read up on specs and rotations here or elitistsjerks. Hundreds of people have already done the research for you, all you have to do is use it. If you are really serious about maximizing your DPS, you will take constructive criticism into consideration and apply it.

Hope this helps

Adira of Alexstrasza

True story, been a modified cast sequence macro user since my days as a bm hunter in sunwell. All this talk about missing a disease at the beginning of your rotation messing everything up is mostly nonsense. One of these days I will do a writeup on it and explain it all, but I haven't had any problems maintaining high levels of dps for mostly naxx 10 gear, I know dummies don't mean jack but I have a few recounts of 2800 dps on them with a 203 dps weapon using 12/0/59 spec, without gargoyle. Also have a 5k dps parse of a 25 sapph laying around somewhere. Can't convince me they don't work, but I admit it's not for everyone.

Quote Originally Posted by Afallach
    True story, been a modified cast sequence macro user since my days as a bm hunter in sunwell. All this talk about missing a disease at the beginning of your rotation messing everything up is mostly nonsense. One of these days I will do a writeup on it and explain it all, but I haven't had any problems maintaining high levels of dps for mostly naxx 10 gear, I know dummies don't mean jack but I have a few recounts of 2800 dps on them with a 203 dps weapon using 12/0/59 spec, without gargoyle. Also have a 5k dps parse of a 25 sapph laying around somewhere. Can't convince me they don't work, but I admit it's not for everyone.
    Unholy has an easysauce rotation anyway with the SS glyph, that's far more forgiving to macro than a Blood one when something does go wrong.

Much like you said though, you cannot ever convince me that when something does go wrong (or even heavy movement) that it's not a DPS loss by continuing to spam that macro instead of recovering your rotation somewhere further down the line. You may be good DPS compared to many pugs or in a casual guild, but you won't be competitive with the top end players, and 3.1 is a lot more balanced in that regard.

If it works for you, great; however, in encounters where maximizing everyone's personal DPS does matter, you're doing the other 24 members of your raid a disservice by macroing an extensive rotation in my opinion. I'll admit I castsequence macro PS/IT because 98% of the time I never hit one without the other, but I also have Icy Touch right next to it just in case and in that 2% IT spam is the right thing to do even as Blood.

Exactly why #1 on my wish list is icy touch becoming a strike, though it will not happen. Personally, its the first cast with a 1 second reset, so its easy to recover.