Thread: Improved Disarm

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst

Re: Improved Disarm

Quote Originally Posted by Gragneth
    Improved disarm does work on some bosses. Obviously anything that can be disarmed. It is also a great time saver on trash that can be disarmed to. Now Im on holiday for last two weeks so dont know if there isnt anything disarmable in Ulduar but I know that this speed up Death knight wing alot for my guild.

Most of the trash, Gothics mobs and all 4 Horsemen are disarmable. 10% more damage 1/4 of the time is good.
    The thread however is not about speeding up trash in naxxramas, it's overall use that you would get out of spending the talent points in improved disarm over improved revenge, which will give you far more threat and dps for the majority of mobs in the game that can not infact be disarmed, most of naxxramas infact is un disarm-able and as such it's not worth the talent points as convenient as it is for the situation.

Quote Originally Posted by Nataliah
    odd, was fairly sure it used weap dmg to calc its total dmg done, ahh well can't know it all ^^ atleast i'm sure it was like that in vanilla aswell, tho i might be wrong :S
    Possibly, I remember using sweeping strikes and executing someone in vanilla...The nearest priest would just die ^^ fun times.

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Suikiele
    Reasons or not, this is very much incorrect. How COULD it apply when the ability that applies it won't even go off? "Target is unarmed" means that you wouldn't be able to even use Disarm, and a Disarm duration won't apply as a debuff if the target is immune to it.

Long-short: Get Revenge. Your concerns about the Stun DR is meaningless compared to it's benefits in any practical situation.
    Im just thinking it would get the debuff anyway. Becouse a talent in the mages arcane tree - (Im not sure of the name. but it increases dmg of some spells by xx% while the target is slowed by any of the mages spell) - still works on bosses even tho mostly every boss is immun to slow.
    Tho it might be becouse the spell "Slow" is affecting the boss, but doesnt get slowed. Thats why that spesific talent works for mages. (I just might have answered my own statement now)

Sorry crap english.

Improved Disarm is a very stupid talent.It offers nothing interesting than shortening the cooldown and adding a small debuff to the target.Let's face it.It doesn't affect bosses which is stupid... No major use in PvE.
    In PvP most classes that you would disarm would have some sort of disarm reducing talent or titanium weapon chain.. So that leaves a 40 sec cd disarm that lasts 5 seconds on most targets and increses damage taken by 10%..
    So how much damage would you do in those 5 or 10 seconds? 3-4 maybe but not more unless you crit with SS.
    Total waste of talent points..