Poll: Do you Min / Max For Raids

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ...
LastLast

Re: Ulduar Min / Maxing

http://www.wowarmory.com/character-s...ncil&n=Indarys

The guys armory since you wanted it.

Because a mage is in Ensidia does not make them god. He also has 2 +41 STAM gems socketed, and he is also using 50 sp and 30 stam instead of spirit.. He also had a spec dual specc'ed FFB that included FLAME THROWING AND ARCTIC REACH, had that specc'ed like a week ago. Not even checking Manly. Manly wants to put it on his boots-more power to him, I respect him for what he has done with theory crafting and for mages.

4 seconds is not a average time spent running per minute. Go check it out on EJ there used to be a thing hat told how much longer it took to run the distance (with run speed) than blink the same distance. Fireblast is used ALOT, it is situational though. Say Ignis Flame Jets, and then scorches, you need to rotate, your FB is on CD because you FB'ed while in the air. We aren't talking about moving 2 steps out of a void zone. We are talking about running long distances.

Dude you want to act like you are a Mage god and know all. Your second spec is bad. You read EJ, why are you Fire/ttw and FROST LOL. Fire/ttw and FFB are the two specs. FFB with Focus is highest dps right now. Oh yeah YOU DONT EVEN HAVE SPEED TO BOOTS.

Thats a great armory, dude is acting like he is the god of mages. With this personality you would think he would be in a guild that was killing things, he still hasn't kill Mimi.... Don't get me wrong thats a hard fight compared to the rest, but talking like this you should at least be in a guild that shows talent.

For a start, grats on assuming that my name on MMO-Champion and the name of my mage are the same. On top of that, grats on assuming that of all the level 80 "Indarys"s I'm that specific one. Looks like you're really grasping here.

But regardless, if I had a item slot where an enchant gave me a dps boost for certain fights, but another gave me a dps boost for others, I'd do one of two things: have two of the item in question and switch them depending on the fight, or have scrolls ready to switch them out. The boots being BoE just make this easier.

I've already explained why blinking is nearly always an inferior decision to running. Yes, you can pull specific instances out where this is not the case, but for the most part, it is better to run than blink. Likewise, you can pull out situations where fireblast is on cooldown--that doesn't change the fact that for the majority of the time, it's off cooldown. You don't even move on Ignis anyway, so I don't know where you're going with that.

I wonder if someone should tell him that switching spec wipes focus magic now...

Quote Originally Posted by Indarys
    For a start, grats on assuming that my name on MMO-Champion and the name of my mage are the same. On top of that, grats on assuming that of all the level 80 "Indarys"s I'm that specific one. Looks like you're really grasping here.

But regardless, if I had a item slot where an enchant gave me a dps boost for certain fights, but another gave me a dps boost for others, I'd do one of two things: have two of the item in question and switch them depending on the fight, or have scrolls ready to switch them out. The boots being BoE just make this easier.

I've already explained why blinking is nearly always an inferior decision to running. Yes, you can pull specific instances out where this is not the case, but for the most part, it is better to run than blink. Likewise, you can pull out situations where fireblast is on cooldown--that doesn't change the fact that for the majority of the time, it's off cooldown. You don't even move on Ignis anyway, so I don't know where you're going with that.

I wonder if someone should tell him that switching spec wipes focus magic now...
    It doesn't wipe it. I used it today and yesterday. Gratz though. In fact I just logged in and did it. Still working.

Focus Mage A, switch spec, Mage A focus' you, win?

That is you. Only 2 mages. Other mage has no Ulduar and spirit. You have some Ulduar and NO spirit, you have all the talents you said we should have. That is your armory. Also your entire guild does not have speed to boots. Sorry you lose.

Quote Originally Posted by Malice83
    It doesn't wipe it. I used it today and yesterday. Gratz though. In fact I just logged in and did it. Still working.

That is you. Only 2 mages. Other mage has no Ulduar and spirit. You have some Ulduar and NO spirit, you have all the talents you said we should have. That is your armory. Also your entire guild does not have speed to boots. Sorry you lose.
    And then what does Mage A do? Switch back to FFB, correct? Guess what happens then? Your FM is wiped from Mage A. You don't even know how this mechanic works at all, do you? Buffs on yourself are wiped when you switch specs, meaning its impossible to have all your mages in a raid be FFB/Focus. This is easy to test: cast AI on yourself, then switch specs.

And whatever you want to think, dude. It doesn't effect me at all.

Your still talking in this thread? Wow I figured by now you would of tuck tail and ran away Mr. I am in a horrible guild and cant kill anything, but I insist that I am amazing.

Quote Originally Posted by Indarys
    And then what does Mage A do? Switch back to FFB, correct? Guess what happens then? Your FM is wiped from Mage A. You don't even know how this mechanic works at all, do you? Buffs on yourself are wiped when you switch specs, meaning its impossible to have all your mages in a raid be FFB/Focus. This is easy to test: cast AI on yourself, then switch specs.

And whatever you want to think, dude. It doesn't effect me at all.
    Oh no dear sir I do I do, you on ther other hand DO NOT

" Originally Posted by manly
    Well, let me break it out to you:

setup: 2x FFB mage
    result: Both FFB mages cannot abuse the specswap to cross-apply FM. However you can apply FM on one FFB mage and one other player.
    optimal use: mage1+mage2 swapspecs to FM-spec. Mage1 casts FM on warlock. Mage1 swapspecs back to FFB. Mage2 casts FM on mage1. Mage2 swapspecs back to FFB.

setup: FFB mage + arcane/fire mage
    result: Both mages get FM.
    optimal use: ffbmage swapspecs to FM-spec. ffbmage casts FM on arcanefiremage. ffbmage swapspecs back to FFB. Arcanefiremage casts FM on ffbmage.."

Oh no dear sir I do I do, you on ther other hand DO NOT

" Originally Posted by manly
    Well, let me break it out to you:

setup: 2x FFB mage
    result: Both FFB mages cannot abuse the specswap to cross-apply FM. However you can apply FM on one FFB mage and one other player.
    optimal use: mage1+mage2 swapspecs to FM-spec. Mage1 casts FM on warlock. Mage1 swapspecs back to FFB. Mage2 casts FM on mage1. Mage2 swapspecs back to FFB.

setup: FFB mage + arcane/fire mage
    result: Both mages get FM.
    optimal use: ffbmage swapspecs to FM-spec. ffbmage casts FM on arcanefiremage. ffbmage swapspecs back to FFB. Arcanefiremage casts FM on ffbmage.."
    I'm not sure what you're trying to prove. You claim FFB/Focus is the top dps spec, but both your examples lead to nonoptimal solutions-one mage doesn't get the full benefit of FM, or one mage isn't even FFB/Focus. My statement that "Switching specs wipes buffs" is still correct.

To be honest, I wouldn't bother taking advantage of an obvious bug anyway. On top of that, FFB/Focus is about equal dps to FB/TTW, and is a whole lot less raid asspain.

15+ Year Old Account

just as a FYI, the ensidia mages have arctic reach and flame throwing to maximize their AoE DPS as FFB. gg kids
    BfA Beta Time

Quote Originally Posted by Swizzle
    just as a FYI, the ensidia mages have arctic reach and flame throwing to maximize their AoE DPS as FFB. gg kids
    Because it makes you do more DPS? No that is not true either. None of them have arctic reach now.

This thread is epic.

I am that other mage I unforunately am out to sea and cannot get any phat ulduar loots, and before 3.1 no spirit was all the rage. You kids and your new fangled play things. Anyway, I cant wait to get back and upgrade to my T8.5 :O

To change the topic completely, the new mage set loots soooo good w/ no robe and the 4 piece is pretty amazing, I dont have it yet but I can only imagine. 2 piece I do have and its pretty nice procs a lot. ~40 sec internal cd? I am guessing at least it seems like it.

/popcorn

BTW... anyone like pie?

Love that indarys guy, hes hilarious... he wins best in show award on my account
    Quote Originally Posted by coolcatchris
    also, we're not glass cannons anymore, we haven't been for ages. either that or everyone is a cannon, and some are plate cannons.

I'm laughing so hard reading this thread ;D

English is not my main language, but I try!

Hey Now!?!

This is a quality thread, and the main purpose was figured out. The conclusion of this thread is most mages are willing to do anything to help their guild kill things by min maxing. Some mages are so concerned about helping their guild they get false information from EJ and run with it, and that is ok. The moral of the story is even thou wrong most mages will do anything to help progression. This includes not specing frost and being a HUGE D BAG.

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Emiex
    Hey Now!?!

This is a quality thread, and the main purpose was figured out. The conclusion of this thread is most mages are willing to do anything to help their guild kill things by min maxing. Some mages are so concerned about helping their guild they get false information from EJ and run with it, and that is ok. The moral of the story is even thou wrong most mages will do anything to help progression. This includes not specing frost and being a HUGE D BAG.
    my sarcasm sense is tingling.
    BfA Beta Time

Just wanted to add that not all buffs disapear when you swap speccs…
    As a hunter when i'm in my SV spec and stand still for 6sec i get sniper training for 15sec; if i than swap to a non- SV spec this buffs stay on me for the rest of the duration…

Just wanted to add this to irritate the Indarys dude

Not trying to take sides here, but nobody has yet to prove themselves that Icewalker > Speed.

I'm not really a common EJ reader so no I'm not a fanboy of them. Yet nobody has really proved him wrong in that speed is worse. I can kinda see how it is better as, most people can get hit capped without Icewalker. Especially at the level of raiding you all say you are at. Also 12 crit isn't really two shits.

Personally I just was browsing forums and found this one to be rather entertaining

Quote Originally Posted by Alezana
    Not trying to take sides here, but nobody has yet to prove themselves that Icewalker > Speed.

I'm not really a common EJ reader so no I'm not a fanboy of them. Yet nobody has really proved him wrong in that speed is worse. I can kinda see how it is better as, most people can get hit capped without Icewalker. Especially at the level of raiding you all say you are at. Also 12 crit isn't really two shits.

Personally I just was browsing forums and found this one to be rather entertaining
    Honestly Alezana, I could care less what is better. I personally think Icewalker is better. Is it? I cannot say with 100% certainty. Regardless of if it is better or worse the difference between the two enchants is so small I don't really give a crap. Interesting topic thou, and shocking how elitist that dude was for how no name he is.