Page 1 of 2
LastLast

XT-002 Enrage nerf.

Does anyone have an idea of how much we're talking about?

Re: XT-002 Enrage nerf.

Enough for guilds with average players to not hit the enrage timer in full BiS Naxx. Not Enough for bad players in BiS Naxx. Since it was 6 minutes, i'm guessing probably 7 or 8 minutes enrage timer now.

First kill we got off him he had enraged like 2sec and half the raid just died from that . Although if you are lucky sometimes he enrages on an earthquake and you still have time to down him .
    Quote Originally Posted by Smoopie
    this change is to help players like you..... you know..night elf with tyrannical beheader...

Azharok - Dalaran EU

7minutes from our experience yesterday evening. but it's just lol, nerving these bosses to the ground. it was fine before, everybody had to play there class right and time trinkets well and he goes down in 3-4 trys (25man, 10man we we're unintentionally 10seconds away from the 205seconds achievement, really lol)

My bro´s 10man guild wiped on him for 3h and still didnt down him, they were 100k-200k short, with everyone in naxx10 gear, exept for a noob DK who pulled like 1,5k dps.

Btw, the enrage increses dmg done by earthquake aswell, so the best time for him to enrage is right after an earthquake I think.

He can't cast enrage during earthquake though

Personally in 10 we killed him on the 3rd try, after figuring out wtf the adds were doing then missing the enrage with 3% to go after some messy repair bots

1 minute extra and it's probably more meant for those going for the hardmode rather than those undergeared for it.

If I remember correctly(And I do) there were more changes to XT-002 then this Enrage.
    When we downed him last night, he had 22 Mil 400k Health, about a 3 mil health reduction. The Heart's Health has been reduced and no longer takes double damage, but rather, normal damage. Its no longer a DPS boosting fight in the Heart phase. To be fair, we shat our pants at 1% and BigWigs said Enrage timer reached, lol. Until we finished him off 5 seconds later >>

Killed him yesterday, his heart still takes ridiculous damage. There is no way I can judge for 15k and CS for 15k with wings without the fight having a gimmick.
    this change is to help players like you..... you know..night elf with tyrannical beheader...

Azharok - Dalaran EU

I don't know when you did XT...but yesterday he still had 6min Enrage. Health was reduced to 22M~, but Heart Health was increased to 10M(has been 7.5M before) and still takes 100% DMG.

And for the Earthquake. Earthquake isn't affected by Enrage. Earthquake does a fix amount of DMG(10% of your Max Health per sec for 12sec)...so if he goes Enrage when he quakes you can still fight him normal, til he gets out of the quake.

Quote Originally Posted by Seltheus
    I don't know when you did XT...but yesterday he still had 6min Enrage. Health was reduced to 22M~, but Heart Health was increased to 10M(has been 7.5M before) and still takes 100% DMG.

And for the Earthquake. Earthquake isn't affected by Enrage. Earthquake does a fix amount of DMG(10% of your Max Health per sec for 12sec)...so if he goes Enrage when he quakes you can still fight him normal, til he gets out of the quake.
    Actually it is affected by the enrage.

From what we saw it was a 25->22.5m hp nerf, which is 10%

Enrage still 6 minutes.

Hearth still takes double damage.

Enrage buffed all the damage he does, yes, Earthquake will 2-shot you.

Still got him in our second try after wiping on him for 2 evenings last week.

This change is likely done with hard mode in mind, the enrage timer/health pool always seemed a little extreme with regards to that.

I think this nerf was needed ..
    My guild aint casual or hardcore, and we're fairly good.
    We had 5 over 6k dps on that fight, and rest on 4-5k and only 1 repair bot reached him, we still had him enraged the last 4%
    Evasion rogue tank ftw ...

Was 6 minutes too hard or something?

Quote Originally Posted by Teronite
    I think this nerf was needed ..
    So you say you killed the boss (I think..?), but then you say it's too hard...lol If it was hard enough that it needed to be nerfed, you certainly wouldn't have killed it.

This is where the whole Good VS Average players comes into play. An average raid should be able to down him (even if it means hitting the enrage timer), however an average guild might not see Yoggy before a while, and most likely never see Algalon. A Good guild will fly through the first 6/7 bosses and will down Yoggy and Algalon.

Azharok - Dalaran EU

Quote Originally Posted by Tuvae
    This change is likely done with hard mode in mind, the enrage timer/health pool always seemed a little extreme with regards to that.
    This

Possibly needed for his hard mode. We tried it in 10 man last night but instead of his health increasing 45% (5mil->7mil~) it increased closer to 145% (up to 12.5mil). Good luck doing 9k~ dps each with 6 dps.

Quote Originally Posted by Dorcas
    My bro´s 10man guild wiped on him for 3h and still didnt down him, they were 100k-200k short, with everyone in naxx10 gear, exept for a noob DK who pulled like 1,5k dps.

Btw, the enrage increses dmg done by earthquake aswell, so the best time for him to enrage is right after an earthquake I think.
    uhm, wow. as said, with naxx25 geared dd's its possible to get him directly from heart to heart, so with naxx10 gear he should be at 57/32/7%

Hard mode is hard, aside from additional voids and sparkles and 30% more damage he gets:
    - 45% HP
    - you need to get to hearth, he heals to full after that so theres another chunk of HP
    - you don't get hearths that means you don't dps few millions at 100% more damage
    Overall it is a lot more than 45% and with current enrage timer it was mission impossible. Even with increased enrage timer it will be hell dps race on hard mode.

Ooh, does this mean my guild can tout around that we got XT-002 down pre-nerf now? ;D

Really though, with the 22.5 million HP nerf the enrage timer is a joke now. Now, the trash before XT is another story... (Anyone else do the kiting strat?) :-[