Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Cinderglacier and Razorice not up to par with Fallencrusder still (Opinion).

That's my assumption, my opinion, from just raiding with a Frost DK for quite some time now. I'll just give a sort synopsis on why I think this way.

1). Fallen Crusader - Increases all damage dealt from all abilities and heals you for 3% of your health, with twice the proc rate it had before. 15% strength is still very nice.

2). Razor Ice - Increases all frost damage by 10% as long as 5 stacs are on a target. This will work with any frost attack. It also causes 2% of your weapon damage as frost. Personally, I think the weapon damage should rise to 4%, I don't feel it's damage is valuable at all as compared to Fallen Crusader, even though Frost Strike is a large part (the largest for me) of my damage, my other attacks that I use are NOT frost based. Such as Obliterate, Blood Strike, and Regular melee attacks. Personally, I'd rather see this change completely, because it's only useful for boss fights, or single target DPS, when frost is probably the spec with the most AoE DPS in it.

3). Cinder-Glacier - Is alright. I think for the amount of proc chances i see right now, I'd like to increase it's charge by 1, or give it an additional benefit that does not rely on RNG.

Re: Cinderglacier and Razorice not up to par with Fallencrusder still (Opinion).

Every DK should use at least one weapon with FC...

My FC is in my Offhand and Cinderglacier on my MH

Re: Cinderglacier and Razorice not up to par with Fallencrusder still (Opinion).

Would be nice to throw a passive +shadow damage buff to Cinder, would probably cause burst issues though (8k SS is already pretty bad)

Does Cinderglacier effect BCB and Necrosis?

Quote Originally Posted by SoshiFany
    Does Cinderglacier effect BCB and Necrosis?
    Why would cinderglacier have any effect on BCB or Necrosis?

Cinderglacier raises frostdmg by 10%, BCB is weapondmg, necrosis is shadowdmg.

Quote Originally Posted by Ryzal

It should affect Necrosis, at least in theory, since Cinderglacier increases frost and shadow damage for two attacks. It was my understanding that Blood-Caked Strike dealt physical damage and could not result in on-hit procs.

If cinderglacier's proc rate wasn't so awful, it might actually compete with fallen crusader, at least where unholy is concerned. For frost dps, I'd rather have razorice most of the time. Fallen crusader's proc rate was already high. The strength reduction is pitiable.

Quote Originally Posted by Ryzal

You mean Razorice raises frostdmg by 10% right? =/ Cinderglacier - When procs, increases the damage of your next 2 frost/shadow damage by 20%.

Blizzard has said that nothing affects Necrosis, outside of something that raises your auto attack damage so I doubt Cinderglacier affects it, Fallen crusader however would.

Quote Originally Posted by Blightrose
    Blizzard has said that nothing affects Necrosis, outside of something that raises your auto attack damage so I doubt Cinderglacier affects it, Fallen crusader however would.
    An excellent point. Thanks for the reminder. Though that it is somewhat disappointing. Ah well.

RazorIce is very good for Frost, perhaps even better than Fallen Crusader. 10% on your major skills versus a 15% Str buff that comes and goes? Seems quite clear to me.

If anything, go complain about the patheticness that is Lichbane.

Quote Originally Posted by Sweetcheeks
    Every DK should use at least one weapon with FC...

My FC is in my Offhand and Cinderglacier on my MH
    Yo welcome to 2H-land.Our moto is "DW sucks".

OP:Yeah FC gives better results than both Razorice and Cinderglacier for Frost.Try to get yourself a Razorice monkey.

I just changed my rune from Razor to FC last night to see the difference.

I was very impressed, it was up like 80% of the time

Quote Originally Posted by Agroculture
    Yo welcome to 2H-land.Our moto is "DW sucks".

OP:Yeah FC gives better results than both Razorice and Cinderglacier for Frost.Try to get yourself a Razorice monkey.
    Razorice only affects your own damage, not the frost dmg of others...

kriS411

Quote Originally Posted by 1998030
    Razorice is must as frost dps
    not really, FC scales better and bringes more or at least the same dps as a full stacked razorice (what can't be maintained on several targets).
    Just read elitistjerks.

These people who're saying that Razorice is better are those people who have this mindset, : 'I'm playing frost, Razorice adds 10% frost damage, therefore Razorice is better than some strength buffer such as FC.' When in fact, FC increases the damage of ALL of your abilities. Also, it has been proven that FC increases DPS more than Razorice.

Even in a pvp perspective, FC > Razorice.

And sometimes I do 6000 dps on a 5 minute fight, and sometimes i do 4500.

One test with each doesn't indicate anything (unless you're standing there doing your perfect rotation for days at at time).

elitistjerks...

sorry but im soo bored of that web page. i know they are relllly reallly good. but that doesn't mean you can find something better yourself...

went to training dummy with FC and Razorice.

100 more dps with razor. 10min long fight on both
    It's not that simple I'm afraid. 10% to frost damage is going to be alot stronger on the dummies, simply because you don't have the massive scaling that raid buffs provide.

FC looks so dumb on Worldcarver. It's disappointing.

I personally just want to see more variety, maybe one that adds another disease as a proc, something interesting.

kriS411

elitistjerks...
    sorry but im soo bored of that web page. i know they are relllly reallly good. but that doesn't mean you can find something better yourself...
    went to training dummy with FC and Razorice.
    100 more dps with razor. 10min long fight on both
    then write your findings on EJ too...

for me I cant note a DPS increase with razorice, on the heroic dummy I do 4000 DPS with FC and only 3900 with Razorice.
    And FC gives much more flexibility because its not bound to a target + the heals.