15+ Year Old Account

Mimiron Healer layout

Now, this is in no way intended to be a QQ post, but last night during mimi attempts, it seemed to me that our healers had a crap time at healing through p2, mostly due to the fire nova attack. knowing that it can't be out ranged (80 yard radius last i checked), it means that it has to be healed through.

the problem i think we had was that our healers were positioned like crap. to give a quick run down, we had 2 healers stand at each of the 3 lines that form out of the center of the room (they look like a peace sign i guess), with groups of DPS spread out between them.

from what i can tell, it seems that some healers had too many people near them or were just incapable of healing through it. i came to the conclusion that placing healers in the actual zones formed by the 3 lines with the dps spread out evenly between them would be better, since it gives each zone 2 dedicate healers to heal through the DoT.

am i right in this assumption or our healers just shit for brains stupid?
    BfA Beta Time

ramsesakama

Re: Mimiron Healer layout

We just grouped up tightly around the middle, in a ring. "Spreading out" on p2 does not mean being X yards away, it means being X degrees away (in the circle). Easier to heal, and to run, if you're in the middle.

Make a tight circle around the boss spread out evenly so as few ppl are in front of the boss at any time. Front to back spreading achieves nothing. All healers should be in range of all other raiders.

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by ramsesakama
    We just grouped up tightly around the middle, in a ring. "Spreading out" on p2 does not mean being X yards away, it means being X degrees away (in the circle). Easier to heal, and to run, if you're in the middle.
    huh, well that's another good thing to know. i'll pass that on to guild leads to try tonight (last boss we have up before general and yogg), and hopefully it works.

Quote Originally Posted by Helior
    Make a tight circle around the boss spread out evenly so as few ppl are in front of the boss at any time. Front to back spreading achieves nothing. All healers should be in range of all other raiders.
    thanks for that, this clears up any and all questions and problems i had with the encounter, it's just unfortunate i can't play for the other 24 people i raid with. hopefully mimi will be down tonight and yogg should be dead by the end of this reset.

again, thanks for the help.
    BfA Beta Time

I'm an holy priest and i can say that glyphed coh and glyphed poh shine on that part. You just need to make sure you separate players by party and range, so that the poh 36y range hits everyone in that half raid. Becomes incredible easy with hasted 25k and 40k healing crits from poh.

Also 2 points on healing focus for 70% pushback reduction helps a lot.